YesNoOk

Marvel Vs DC full game development (original 3d designs)  (Read 1565166 times)

Started by MDCGD, October 19, 2020, 02:27:55 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Vs DC full game development (original 3d designs)
#81  July 19, 2021, 02:51:04 am
    • USA
Hello MDCGD, how have you been doing lately? Is the progress of your projects going well?
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#82  July 22, 2021, 12:36:40 am
    • USA
Hello MDCGD, how have you been doing lately? Is the progress of your projects going well?

Everything is going smooth. Re-worked the mechanics to play more like MVCI/UMVC3. combos are easier for beginners and advanced players will still be able to create more complex combos. So not shrinking skill gap.
I've been thinking about finding VFX designers and stage creators for commission work. But I don't like to depend on people so....
Follow Twitter: @MVDCGD
Subscribe Youtube: MVDCGD
#83  July 22, 2021, 04:19:10 pm
  • Why,

Everything is going smooth. Re-worked the mechanics to play more like MVCI/UMVC3. combos are easier for beginners and advanced players will still be able to create more complex combos. So not shrinking skill gap.
I've been thinking about finding VFX designers and stage creators for commission work. But I don't like to depend on people so....

Are you plan them "Standalone at colletros" or " Only this game these, Can asking if need some at put collection..." 4+1 or 6+ 1 buttons? NO 1+1 buttons like one SW game ...
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#84  July 23, 2021, 01:13:47 am
    • USA

Are you plan them "Standalone at colletros" or " Only this game these, Can asking if need some at put collection..." 4+1 or 6+ 1 buttons? NO 1+1 buttons like one SW game ...

Full game only. Sorry. I wish not that my characters get botched up and mixed with broken characters.

used to be 6 button, now 4. LP,HP,LK,HK + 1 EX button + 1 Skill Button.
#85  July 31, 2021, 05:50:00 am
    • USA
Its good that your project is going well. I think the MVCI/UMVC3 approach is a good move, especially with the unique tag system of MVCI where you can pull off cool tag team combos and supers. Also can I suggest a cool idea for a move for Flash, if you don't mind? In a recent season of the Flash TV show, the villain Godspeed creates a sword made out of lighting from the sky. The Flash, with the help from the Reverse Flash, counter this by doing the same, but out of their speed force energy. They then engage in a cool lighting sword duel. Here is a link to a clip of this. It occurs at 1:40.
https://youtu.be/6-c6aU2LnRo
  By the way if you don't mind me asking, do you plan on allowing your characters available for regular Mugen when your game is finished, like how Team Z2 has their versions of Goku and Vegeta available for regular Mugen or will they be exclusive only to your game. Just wondering because it would be cool to see your versions of Flash and Superman go against Sic-1 and Hannibals versions of Flash and Superman, respectively. But It is completely understandable and ok if you just want your characters to be exclusive to your game, since you put a lot of time, work, effort in to making this game a reality.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 05:53:53 am by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#86  July 31, 2021, 10:25:01 pm
    • USA
Its good that your project is going well. I think the MVCI/UMVC3 approach is a good move, especially with the unique tag system of MVCI where you can pull off cool tag team combos and supers. Also can I suggest a cool idea for a move for Flash, if you don't mind? In a recent season of the Flash TV show, the villain Godspeed creates a sword made out of lighting from the sky. The Flash, with the help from the Reverse Flash, counter this by doing the same, but out of their speed force energy. They then engage in a cool lighting sword duel. Here is a link to a clip of this. It occurs at 1:40.
https://youtu.be/6-c6aU2LnRo

I seen it, and thought it was a bit cheesy because, although its quite possible, its highly not probable that the Flash would use a lightning sword, especially with no weapons training. He's not Sasuke lol. Plus, the third variant Flash character will have "access" to a "weapon" (clue).

By the way if you don't mind me asking, do you plan on allowing your characters available for regular Mugen when your game is finished, like how Team Z2 has their versions of Goku and Vegeta available for regular Mugen or will they be exclusive only to your game. Just wondering because it would be cool to see your versions of Flash and Superman go against Sic-1 and Hannibals versions of Flash and Superman, respectively. But It is completely understandable and ok if you just want your characters to be exclusive to your game, since you put a lot of time, work, effort in to making this game a reality.

I just answered the other guy, no its exclusive to my game. Even if I were to release them publicly, I'd have to make my characters compatible and I've been focused on full game mode this whole time. I have so many custom states I would have to create a public version of each character...too much. I'm already dealing with all these variants. I still got stages and screenpack to deal with.
#87  August 02, 2021, 03:51:19 pm
    • USA
Hey MVDCGD, Have you thought about a final boss for your game yet or how would it play out? Like would it be a SNK vs. Capcom type, where each side has a sub-boss dedicated to each side(Dr.Doom for Marvel, Lex Luthor for DC) before fighting the Final Boss. Or would the boss be a composite character of two villains from each universe( Like Thanoseid, a Amalgam of Thanos and Darkseid from Amalgam Comics).
 Also I completely understand your thought process about the previous question. Your character are very well made and have a lot of working components that would make them difficult to implement into regular Mugen. Also I did see the previous guy's question but I didn't understand what he said, so I asked a similar question for further clarification.
Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 03:21:22 am by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#88  August 05, 2021, 02:52:23 am
    • USA
Hey MVDCGD, Have you thought about a final boss for your game yet or how would it play out? Like would it be a SNK vs. Capcom type, where each side has a sub-boss dedicated to each side(Dr.Doom for Marvel, Lex Luthor for DC) before fighting the Final Boss. Or would the boss be a composite character of two villains from each universe( Like Thanoseid, a Amalgam of Thanos and Darkseid from Amalgam Comics).
 Also I completely understand your thought process about the previous question. Your character are very well made and have a lot of working components that would make them difficult to implement into regular Mugen. Also I did see the previous guy's question but I didn't understand what he said, so I asked a similar question for further clarification.

Thought about it, but not in detail. when I'm 10+ characters in, I'll have more ideas and experience with other characters and maybe an idea will come in regards to bosses.
#89  August 30, 2021, 03:24:16 pm
    • USA
Hey MVDCGD, how have you been doing dude? How's the progress been going late? Are you still working on Wonder Woman and Hulk or you working the combat system or something else entirely? Also do you plan on releasing a video of your progress, like the previous video showcasing what The Flash, Doomsday, Storm, and Superman could do, or are you planning some more stuff before you show anything else?
#90  August 31, 2021, 12:40:17 am
    • USA
Hey MVDCGD, how have you been doing dude? How's the progress been going late? Are you still working on Wonder Woman and Hulk or you working the combat system or something else entirely? Also do you plan on releasing a video of your progress, like the previous video showcasing what The Flash, Doomsday, Storm, and Superman could do, or are you planning some more stuff before you show anything else?

The combat system and AI is done for Flash, Doomsday, and Superman. I'm just applying it to Storm now. I also changed her outfit. Working on her  Standard and her variation:

Also need to work on her effects I'd like more hi-res lightning and Ice fx. Once she's done I'll be right where I left off.
 I'll probably do a video at the end of the year. I'd like to have my HUD done before releasing. I'll be releasing videos a bit different this time. I'll release one character at a time along with their variation gameplay.
Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 02:20:44 am by MDCGD
#91  August 31, 2021, 01:54:07 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Storm is looking really good. Glad to hear about the progress.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#92  September 02, 2021, 06:01:07 pm
    • USA
This is cool dude. I like her standard design, a neat rendition of her classic outfit but black with yellow highlights. Also the release pattern of the character, their variation, and their gameplay one at a time is good idea. Glad the progress is going smoothly. Also if you don't mind me asking, how is the progress of Wonder Woman and Hulk going? Are they going smoothly as well?
#93  September 02, 2021, 11:05:38 pm
    • USA
This is cool dude. I like her standard design, a neat rendition of her classic outfit but black with yellow highlights. Also the release pattern of the character, their variation, and their gameplay one at a time is good idea. Glad the progress is going smoothly. Also if you don't mind me asking, how is the progress of Wonder Woman and Hulk going? Are they going smoothly as well?

She will have white and gold as a pal swap.
In regards to WW and Hulk as I said they're on pause until I fixed the first 4 characters because their coding is the foundation for the rest ( the grappler (Doomsday), the fast Melee (Flash), the zoner (storm), and the "shoto" (Superman)). WW's coding will be based on Superman and Hulk on Doomsday so I had to finish them first to perfection.
#94  October 04, 2021, 11:48:33 am
hi MDCGD just wanted to say that this one looks EXTREMELY AWESOME! cant wait for you to release it so i can play it!
#95  October 11, 2021, 03:22:18 am
    • USA
@satanel Thanks for the support!

I will be releasing a new video update soon! In the mean time, here's a palette reveal!

Doomsday Palette
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Stay tuned!
#96  October 11, 2021, 05:12:59 am
    • USA
This looks cool dude. I like the reference to the Hulk in the third palette. Also if you don't mind me asking, how is the combat system going? Mainly because I've seen your post on Twitter talking about the process. Can't wait to see what you have coming up.
#97  October 12, 2021, 12:15:37 am
    • USA
This looks cool dude. I like the reference to the Hulk in the third palette. Also if you don't mind me asking, how is the combat system going? Mainly because I've seen your post on Twitter talking about the process. Can't wait to see what you have coming up.

I just created a new juggle system to avoid infinites. All normal attacks are divided in 3 groups, Weak, Medium, Strong. The more you use a particular group within a combo, the higher the juggle points for that particular group.
#98  October 12, 2021, 07:31:21 am
  • Why,

I just created a new juggle system to avoid infinites. All normal attacks are divided in 3 groups, Weak, Medium, Strong. The more you use a particular group within a combo, the higher the juggle points for that particular group.

Some FeilongĀ“s are wery combo machines (hmm... One hit at not make lot dmg, but long combo ...)  Well... sometimes it just feelings at pain for fingers...
good idea ... at points...
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#99  November 03, 2021, 02:30:27 am
    • USA
SEASON 2 UPDATE!!

:muttrox: :nuttrox: :muttrox: :nuttrox:
#100  November 03, 2021, 03:34:44 pm
    • USA
Hey MVCGD, how have you been doing lately? Saw the video dude and left a comment. Flash and Kid Flash look pretty good. I've also saw the incorporation of elements from MVC3, like the crumple state after getting hit hard. Their combos look pretty nice, representing their fast, lightspeed footsies type of playstyle really well.  Also is this the start of the you uploading more from videos of your development process, that you mentioned you'll do towards the end of the year, or is this just something to keep us for the moment until the next update. I'm fine either way as long as you don't overwork yourself and go at your own pace.