YesNoOk

[MUGEN 1.1 Screenpack] Saint Seiya Soldiers' Soul (Read 29133 times)

Started by Fob1aZ, November 02, 2019, 05:01:48 pm
Share this topic:
[MUGEN 1.1 Screenpack] Saint Seiya Soldiers' Soul
New #1  November 02, 2019, 05:01:48 pm
  • "Some People Are Born To Be Extraordinary"
    • Italy
    • fab.marchetti86@gmail.com

Hi there! I'm FobiaZ from MugenPixart Team. In this video you can see my first one-man job: a MUGEN Screenpack inspired to Saint Seiya Soldiers' Soul, the latest installement of Saint Seiya videogame series for PS4!

Characteristics:

- Original anime introduction: I simply edited the introduction from Saint Seiya Brave Soldiers, adding Asgard characters, plus some material from Hades OAV.

- Multilanguage: the game is fully localized in 4 languages ​​(English, Spanish, French and Italian), both texts and musics. You can choose the preferred one by editing the mugen.cfg.

- Game / Anime music: game music is set by default; by the way, you can choose to have original anime soundtrack extracting the archeive "anime music.zip", or "game music.zip" to restore the previous one.

- 81+ characters' slots: original game had 75 characters' slots, 3 of which were random selection slots. I deleted 2 of those slots and added 8 characters' slots to include who didn't make it by the final game: Geki, Nachi, Ban, June, Aiolia with Odin Robe, Tethys, Loki and Pandora. Select.def is already compliled, including characters' variations (they are set off-screen, by the way you can select them by pressing up or down at the characters' column).

All credits go to Bandai Namco.

Have fun! ;)

Screenshots:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Video:

DOWNLOAD

Original release: 2/11/2019
Last update: 11/7/2022
Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 10:05:04 am by F0b1aZ
Re: [MUGEN 1.0 Screenpack] Saint Seiya Soldier's Soul
#2  November 02, 2019, 06:35:45 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
MugenPixart! Now there's a name I've not heard in a long, long time.

Welp, haven't really tried the SP but from the video it looks fine. It's just too basic, the lifebars are pretty nice though.

On another note, there's really no need to include the entire mugen program along with the SP. In fact, the proper way would be to have all the SP related files in a single folder for the user to simply dump on their data folder and then ither include a .bat file or tell the user what line to modify in their mugen.cfg file.

That last bit it's just something that has always bothered me. Because almost everyone who releases a brand new SP don't follow this process which is not only the correct way to install a SP but it also makes things easier for everyone.

Enough rambling, good work.
Re: [MUGEN 1.0 Screenpack] Saint Seiya Soldier's Soul
#3  November 02, 2019, 06:51:13 pm
    • Italy
MugenPixart! Now there's a name I've not heard in a long, long time.

Welp, haven't really tried the SP but from the video it looks fine. It's just too basic, the lifebars are pretty nice though.

On another note, there's really no need to include the entire mugen program along with the SP. In fact, the proper way would be to have all the SP related files in a single folder for the user to simply dump on their data folder and then ither include a .bat file or tell the user what line to modify in their mugen.cfg file.

That last bit it's just something that has always bothered me. Because almost everyone who releases a brand new SP don't follow this process which is not only the correct way to install a SP but it also makes things easier for everyone.

Enough rambling, good work.

Hi BastardWolf! Sorry I didn't follow the process you said 'cause it's the first screenpack release I do and didn't checked other creators' works for documentation about it.

The screenpack is enough simple at first sight, by the way the most of the work resides in the multilanguage function.

I hope you'll enjoy it once you'll try it. Thanks for feedback.
Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 10:02:46 am by FobiaZz
Re: [MUGEN 1.0 Screenpack] Saint Seiya Soldiers' Soul
#4  January 16, 2020, 04:30:15 pm
    • Italy
Small updates for the screenpack.

1) Fixed logo in the intro
2) Added "big" motif with 216 slots for characters
3) Modified "complete" motif with the original characters icons from the game
4) Modified default select screen (now it has 81 slots for characters)
5) Other minor coding fixes.

Future plans:

1) Create characters templates with SSSS style.
2) Create visual font for stages.

Bye!!!
Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 04:21:26 pm by F0b1aZ
#5  January 16, 2020, 05:56:29 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
FobiaZz Here my feedback of your screen pack :)

My good Feedback list and opinion
1. 10/10 intro
2. 10/10 title screen
3. 4/10 option screen. I would made my own fonts for the option screen instead of using the default one
4. 6/10 select screen.  I would of made the select roster boxes bigger to cover most part of the screen so wont be so empty and style show the cosmos.
5. 10/10 game over.
6. 10/10 versus screen
7. 9/10 victory screen. you should lower the victory screen a bit down more
8. 7/10 credit ending.     the fonts credit scroll they need to be a bigger

Overall review
as a big huge fan of the anime and video games I think you did a wonderful job for making this happen for all of us who are a fan of Saint Seiya after testing your screen pack I really did enjoy The Great Masterpiece if you have created. however there are a few flaws that I noticed on your screen pack that I did not approve of first of all. I notice the images are a little bit discolored and I would have went  to a different approach. I would have used Mugen 1.1 instead of 1.0 this way I can give all sprite a great high quality for the screen pack without losing its high quality. I trully understand your trying to be more orignal and close to retail but after fully testing out the screen pack I really did enjoy so mush your screen pack.
 I'll definitely will give this screen pack a
8/10 for great performance and great achievement and for great visuals

Suggestion and some Ideas in the future screen pack for Saint Seiya

I'm going to explain the reason how I feel about your screen pack and this is how I would have done it if I was in your shoes first off I would have take the background image from Saint Seiya from the PlayStation 2 and take the cosmos animation background from that this way I like to see an animation going flowing through the select screen

go to timer 1:52 you can easy rip this animation cosmos portal
click the spoiler to see the video

also I would have taken the idea from the PlayStation 3 rosters select screen and apply it to this one. I understand that you were trying to be original with it but I feel that visuals on a select screen is more important than title screen

select roster idea or close to it

Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 06:02:58 pm by OldGamer
#6  January 17, 2020, 05:00:14 pm
    • Italy
FobiaZz Here my feedback of your screen pack :)

My good Feedback list and opinion
1. 10/10 intro
2. 10/10 title screen
3. 4/10 option screen. I would made my own fonts for the option screen instead of using the default one
4. 6/10 select screen.  I would of made the select roster boxes bigger to cover most part of the screen so wont be so empty and style show the cosmos.
5. 10/10 game over.
6. 10/10 versus screen
7. 9/10 victory screen. you should lower the victory screen a bit down more
8. 7/10 credit ending.     the fonts credit scroll they need to be a bigger

Overall review
as a big huge fan of the anime and video games I think you did a wonderful job for making this happen for all of us who are a fan of Saint Seiya after testing your screen pack I really did enjoy The Great Masterpiece if you have created. however there are a few flaws that I noticed on your screen pack that I did not approve of first of all. I notice the images are a little bit discolored and I would have went  to a different approach. I would have used Mugen 1.1 instead of 1.0 this way I can give all sprite a great high quality for the screen pack without losing its high quality. I trully understand your trying to be more orignal and close to retail but after fully testing out the screen pack I really did enjoy so mush your screen pack.
 I'll definitely will give this screen pack a
8/10 for great performance and great achievement and for great visuals

Suggestion and some Ideas in the future screen pack for Saint Seiya

I'm going to explain the reason how I feel about your screen pack and this is how I would have done it if I was in your shoes first off I would have take the background image from Saint Seiya from the PlayStation 2 and take the cosmos animation background from that this way I like to see an animation going flowing through the select screen

go to timer 1:52 you can easy rip this animation cosmos portal
click the spoiler to see the video

also I would have taken the idea from the PlayStation 3 rosters select screen and apply it to this one. I understand that you were trying to be original with it but I feel that visuals on a select screen is more important than title screen

select roster idea or close to it

Hi OldGamer! Thanks for you feedback!

I've modified options font and improved victory screen (also added a dark box).

About the select screen, can you explain better the "style show the cosmos"? ^^' I can't figure it out. The initial idea for the select screen was to include as many slots as possible since the characters are very numerous. In second hand, I decided to mantain the original slot count with just a couple of personal adds (Ban, Geki, Nachi, June, Tethys, Aiolia with Odin Robe, Loki and Pandora) to leave it as similar as the original select screen of  Saint Seiya Soldier's Soul (reported below):

This select screen is an "evolution" of the select screen of the previous Brave Soldiers (which you posted), since many characters clones are managed as costumes which can be switched in a similar way as happens in the off-screen selection mechanic in my screenpack (I admit its weakness is that works better if there are all characters).

Your ideas for future screenpack are good! I remember those games! :) I could do an alternate select screen as the one from Brave Soldiers someday.

Thanks for your suggestions!

EDIT: I'll fix the credits screen soon. P.s. I used Mugen 1.0 'cause I know is more stable than 1.1...btw I'll evaluate a conversion.
Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 05:41:22 pm by FobiaZz
#7  January 17, 2020, 06:01:49 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA

About the select screen, can you explain better the "style show the cosmos"? ^^' I can't figure it out.

sure I dont mind the explain it better  if you got to the first link video at the timer 1:52 only last a few second you will see a blue whirlpool cosmos rotating before the vs screen show up, you can used that for the background for your select roster base off there game, so you can take the time and rip the sprites from the game and added with your screen pack in the near future, also i loved how you added the new font for the option screen look really good. 10/10 for sure.

oooo I also notice something too on your intro its seem that you need to fix the transparent color on some your cutscene. if you like if you can give me the orginal sources I can fix the intro better. give some time to show you when I get back from church

Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 06:15:58 pm by OldGamer
#8  January 17, 2020, 06:56:44 pm
    • Italy
OldGamer said:
sure I dont mind the explain it better  if you got to the first link video at the timer 1:52 only last a few second you will see a blue whirlpool cosmos rotating before the vs screen show up, you can used that for the background for your select roster base off there game, so you can take the time and rip the sprites from the game and added with your screen pack in the near future, also i loved how you added the new font for the option screen look really good. 10/10 for sure.

oooo I also notice something too on your intro its seem that you need to fix the transparent color on some your cutscene. if you like if you can give me the orginal sources I can fix the intro better. give some time to show you when I get back from church

Aaa ok you referred to the whirlpool fx...It's nice but I would like not to use it for this screenpack 'cause till now I've used only material made by me or ripped from the latest PS4 game; It could be a pity use material from other games as this one taken from the previous PS2 game. Plus, talking as Saint Seiya fan to another Saint Seiya fan, I think the whirlpool represents the way down to the Underworld in Hades chapter...I far prefer a generic starring sky at it. I think that fx will be better use it for a proper "Saint Seiya The Hades" screenpack. ;)

The best I could do to improve the backgrounds is rip the entire animation from the game (it includes shooting stars and rotating nebulous maxes)...I'll give a try.

Ah, that intro is a real pain! ^^° I'll fix it among with the credits. If I need help I'll ask to you, thanks a lot OldGamer! :)
Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 07:00:52 pm by FobiaZz
#9  January 18, 2020, 03:45:34 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
OldGamer said:

Aaa ok you referred to the whirlpool fx...It's nice but I would like not to use it for this screenpack 'cause till now I've used only material made by me or ripped from the latest PS4 game; It could be a pity use material from other games as this one taken from the previous PS2 game. Plus, talking as Saint Seiya fan to another Saint Seiya fan, I think the whirlpool represents the way down to the Underworld in Hades chapter...I far prefer a generic starring sky at it. I think that fx will be better use it for a proper "Saint Seiya The Hades" screenpack. ;)

The best I could do to improve the backgrounds is rip the entire animation from the game (it includes shooting stars and rotating nebulous maxes)...I'll give a try.

Ah, that intro is a real pain! ^^° I'll fix it among with the credits. If I need help I'll ask to you, thanks a lot OldGamer! :)
ooooooooooooo snap your so correct I did not notices it till now hahahahaha xD yeah your right that was hades whirlpool, okay never mind hahaha. I dont mind fixing the intro for you let me know and send me  a private mail message :D

Re: [MUGEN 1.1 Screenpack] Saint Seiya Soldiers' Soul
#10  April 12, 2020, 12:03:09 pm
    • Italy
Hi guys!

I've converted the screenpack from 1.0 to 1.1 (very easy), and fixed some bugs in the intro (thanks to Oldgamer for signalation).
#11  August 01, 2021, 12:20:14 am
    • Italy
Small update:

- Fixed frame in victory screen.
- Fixed K.O. frame in turns mode.
- Fixed p1 name priority in turns mode.
#12  August 01, 2021, 12:46:33 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
Small update:

- Fixed frame in victory screen.
- Fixed K.O. frame in turns mode.
- Fixed p1 name priority in turns mode.
the more you update your screen pack the more is becoming a great master pieces for sure :D thank you for your hard work and for this update :)

#13  July 11, 2022, 01:44:26 am
    • Italy
Update:

On the advice of Bastard Wolf, I have deleted all parts related to the Mugen program, leaving only the files of the screenpack (in this way it can be added as a motif to any Mugen). I also removed the various versions with different slot numbers, as these can be easily obtained by editing the system.def.