YesNoOk

Final Fight VS Streets of Rage POTS? (Read 20817 times)

Started by shindonkeypunch, June 08, 2022, 10:56:05 pm
Final Fight VS Streets of Rage POTS?
#1  June 08, 2022, 10:56:05 pm
    • USA
    • https://www.facebook.com/wkorpzw
Hi guys, I'm new here. I've played MUGEN off and on for about 14 years, and I'm trying to undertake my own project.

I'm working on Final Fight VS Streets of Rage or FFxSoR.

I'm learning how to edit characters for the first time, and my goal is a decently balanced, consistent system. For now my goal is CVS POTS Style or something similar. This is subject to change or be altered slightly for a unique and accessible gameplay experience. Many Final Fight characters are already created in this style by the many talented artists and members, which saves some work, but most Streets of Rage characters need developed or altered.

I could definitely use the help of anyone interested. About half the roster is incompatible with the system I wish to use, and some could use sprite work and animation. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and of course credited once the project is complete.
Re: Final Fight VS Streets of Rage POTS?
#2  June 08, 2022, 11:06:19 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I like the idea, but one problem.
Not so many characters from these games in this style.

I can only wish you good luck finding some. Or editing them.
You will still find more from FF than Sor. Sor have only 2 in this style (perhaps more unfinished ones I don't remember)
#3  June 09, 2022, 12:52:04 am
    • USA
I've been editing MVC style Shiva, and Adam that I think were used in Sega VS Capcom, trying to "un-MVC" them lol, and a decent version of Max Thunder who mostly just needs the sprite work cleaned up. The biggest issue I've been having is adverse effects from removing their super jumps. Otherwise it's mostly their speed and Super Move inputs, which are fairly easy to change. Thanks for showing interest.
#4  June 09, 2022, 01:15:34 am
  • I'm the Crazy Evil
  • Paramore is awesome AF
    • Argentina
Hey, the idea is pretty cool! You will add SFA3's Cody? In PotS style, obviously
#5  June 09, 2022, 01:29:49 am
Here's the best CVS/POTS versions of the FF and SOR characters :

Cody (Trololo)
Guy (P.O.T.S, either his new version or Trololo, Gui Santos and RagingRowen's edit of the old version)
Haggar (ReddBrink)
Poison (DivineWolf)
Hugo (Gui Santos)
Sodom (R@CE AKIRA)
Rolento (Jmorphman)
Maki (Knuckles8864)
Axel (Testament and RagingRowen)
Blaze (Rhythmical and Gui Santos)

There's a Lucia in Sega Vs Capcom 1 which has CVS-like sprites.
#6  June 09, 2022, 03:45:19 am
i would not recommend using those lucia sprites since those sprites are not 6 buttons, and some of the animations frame rate is not good...that version is an early character i did for a game, i got better with spriting characters since then, so i just want to say it would be better to wait for new sprites to come from someone.
#7  June 09, 2022, 06:13:44 am
    • USA
My hope is that a project like this might spark up some interest in unfinished characters from both series.

Lucia is one of my favorite Final Fight characters, and I would love to see her finished, possibly with her SFV move set, but with classic outfit. Shout out to Nexus Games, I appreciate your work and am hoping to build off it for this project. All help is appreciated.
#8  June 09, 2022, 06:19:26 am
    • USA
Here's the best CVS/POTS versions of the FF and SOR characters :

Cody (Trololo)
Guy (P.O.T.S, either his new version or Trololo, Gui Santos and RagingRowen's edit of the old version)
Haggar (ReddBrink)
Poison (DivineWolf)
Hugo (Gui Santos)
Sodom (R@CE AKIRA)
Rolento (Jmorphman)
Maki (Knuckles8864)
Axel (Testament and RagingRowen)
Blaze (Rhythmical and Gui Santos)

There's a Lucia in Sega Vs Capcom 1 which has CVS-like sprites.

About 9/10 of these are the exact versions I'm using.
#9  June 09, 2022, 06:22:07 am
    • USA
Hey, the idea is pretty cool! You will add SFA3's Cody? In PotS style, obviously
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsNZWEjmmp0&t=25s[/youtube]

Right now I'm using a Final Fight outfit edit of Cody, with all of his SFA3 moves and more. Considered adding in the jailbird version, but he would be lacking a few moves. This is all subject to change though.
#10  June 09, 2022, 07:01:14 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
Don’t triplepost.
#11  June 09, 2022, 07:08:25 am
    • USA
Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 08:27:45 pm by Speedpreacher
#12  June 16, 2022, 10:40:27 pm
There's a Electra made by Zox which has some good CVS-Like sprites. She's also in Sega Vs Capcom 2.

Basara-Kun also made a Roxy, although her moves are quite similar to Poison (she's a pallete swap of her in the games), so you would need to edit her to differentiate her a bit.
Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 01:22:39 am by snowy997
#13  June 19, 2022, 08:27:03 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA

Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#14  July 11, 2022, 08:00:21 am
    • USA
#15  July 11, 2022, 04:35:23 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
Don’t triplepost.

This is only my second day here, so I'm still trying to learn how the forums work. I'll keep that in mind though.

We'd appreciate if you do more than keep it in mind please

How about you suck my dick then? I wasn't even being rude.

I'll take a ban. That's probably the only power you have in your life anyways.

Condescending prick.

How rude.
#16  July 11, 2022, 09:13:03 pm
    • USA
Don’t triplepost.

This is only my second day here, so I'm still trying to learn how the forums work. I'll keep that in mind though.

We'd appreciate if you do more than keep it in mind please

How about you suck my dick then? I wasn't even being rude.

I'll take a ban. That's probably the only power you have in your life anyways.

Condescending prick.

How rude.

In my defense, I had already heard it from you, and was understanding, respectful, and ready to comply. So then what was the point of his reply? I'm new here, and I feel disrespected. If this is how admins treat newcomers, then like I said before, I'll take the ban.
#17  July 11, 2022, 10:05:44 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
In my defense, I had already heard it from you, and was understanding, respectful, and ready to comply. So then what was the point of his reply? I'm new here, and I feel disrespected. If this is how admins treat newcomers, then like I said before, I'll take the ban.
Telling an admin/global mod to suck your dick is a good way to get banned, you know?? :P

I'm not an admin to ban you, but I'm a mod. And the next time you make a message like that, this thread will go to the trash bin (and all the next ones too)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#18  July 11, 2022, 10:29:03 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org

Judging by the edit notice underneath that post, I'm guessing you multi-posted right after saying you'd keep not doing that in mind, hence Speed's message.

That said, I was under the impression such was fine if it's your own thread, as long as it doesn't become a blog or whatever.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#19  July 12, 2022, 02:09:16 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com

Judging by the edit notice underneath that post, I'm guessing you multi-posted right after saying you'd keep not doing that in mind, hence Speed's message.

That said, I was under the impression such was fine if it's your own thread, as long as it doesn't become a blog or whatever.
I think that really only applies to actual release threads. This guy has demonstrated he can't control himself though so no big loss here