YesNoOk

Assassin's Creed Mega Thread (Read 38001 times)

Started by DatKofGuy, March 21, 2014, 08:44:54 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Assassin's Creed Unity/Rogue
#41  October 06, 2014, 11:09:43 pm
The combat (kill streak and counter-kill removed for a flow of combat), the descent control, the adaptive mission mechanic (unfair desynch hear hear), and the stealth mechanic a bit all sound really great. Murder investigation missions ? That's quite original - especially for an assassin. Good to see they're coming up with new missions to avoid repetitiveness.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#42  November 10, 2014, 06:57:01 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Assassin's Creed Rogue Trailer
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 06:33:22 pm by Insigniawarfare
#43  November 14, 2014, 01:51:09 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
#44  November 14, 2014, 03:22:48 pm
But less than 30fps makes it more cinematic right? I swear people are just finding things to complain about.

Oh and just like Sega, Ubisoft knew they released an atrocious piece of shit.
http://www.wired.com/2014/11/assassins-creed-unity-embargo/

Embargoes on game reviews aren’t necessarily bad for consumers. But they can be used in rotten ways.

Ubisoft released Assassin’s Creed Unity, the latest in its ever-expanding historical action game series, on Tuesday. As is typical with major releases, early copies of the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC game were provided to certain press outlets with the agreement that reviews would not be published until a specific date and time. This, for the uninitiated, is called an embargo.

What was atypical in the case of Unity was the embargo expired at noon Tuesday. Given the popularity of midnight launches and all-hours digital distribution options like Steam, that means Ubisoft deliberately held back reviews until 12 hours after people were buying it. You might imagine this meant Ubisoft anticipated poor reviews. This seems to have been the case, given the reviews thus far.

Conversely, if Ubisoft expected heaps of praise, it might have set the embargo early so as to shout the game’s praises from the rooftop ahead of its launch. This seems to have been the case with Electronic Arts’ Dragon Age: Inquisition—glowing reviews hit this week, but the game doesn’t launch until Tuesday.

Both scenarios are in the best interest of the publisher, but only one is truly problematic: giving early access to the press in exchange for an agreement to withhold information not just prior to the official release of a product, but for some time afterward as well. Note that I am not opposed to embargoes per se. In fact, I’m of the opinion they are a win-win-win for everyone, as long as they’re not used in a manipulative way.
#45  November 14, 2014, 04:13:14 pm
  • SNK is life
For the record, the folks at IGN in one of their podcasts confessed that AC Rogue (last gen) is actually a better, more solid game than Unity.

*shrugs*
#46  November 14, 2014, 04:50:59 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Well so far I'm enjoying the hell out of Unity, havent had any bugs as yet. Rogue is basically the definitive version of Black Flag. I'm alternating between the two. So far Rogue has the better story, but I find myself liking Arno, his like how young Ezio was.
#47  January 13, 2015, 07:09:06 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Kings DLC Cinematic Trailer.
Dead Kings DLC Launch Trailer
Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 06:32:50 pm by Insigniawarfare
#48  April 01, 2015, 12:08:16 am
http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2015/03/assassins-creed-chronicles-trilogy.html
Reveal trailer for the first episode (in XVIth century China) of the Chronicles trilogy, with a mention of the other two parts (XIXth century India, XXth century Russia).
Now we need a Persian assassin and the circle will be complete, Prince of Persia can be officially added to AC's storyline and they can start making new games for it again (beautiful PoP 2008 sequel when ;_; ).

This doesn't seem very clear, someone confirm this for me, was this supposed to be DLC for Unity ? Or can you get them separately (from Unity, and possibly from each other) ? Even the pages on Ubisoft's site are unclear. They seem to be short games, not full games on their own, that's all I'm getting from this.

Incidentally, has Unity been fixed to not be a buggy POS or should I still hold out on buying a PS4 ? Was the story even worth it after all ? AC2-level or AC3-level ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:15:21 am by DKDC
#49  April 01, 2015, 12:57:34 am
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
Trailer

China looks cool, Arbaaz isnt wearing his pointy shoes, and finally Nikolai is in a game.
#50  April 01, 2015, 01:07:52 am
I just posted that
Re: Assassin's Creed Megathread
#51  May 08, 2015, 10:17:46 am
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
Trailer is coming
Re: Assassin's Creed Mega Thread
#52  May 08, 2015, 07:28:26 pm
Are they really expecting anyone to buy their latest installment of broken shovelware?
#53  May 08, 2015, 07:34:10 pm
With the latest Assassin's Creed titles, they had a "pretty good performance" according to Ubisoft, giving off the impression that releasing glitched-riddled software at launch has no real effect on sales under the right conditions.

Answer: Yes.
#54  May 08, 2015, 07:36:05 pm
Well, that's fair. Bad news takes time to propagate, pre-order culture is everywhere. Releasing a shitty game won't really affect sales if it's an established IP, what it does is tanks the sales of the next one.
#55  May 10, 2015, 05:18:09 pm
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
I felt so burned by AC3 that I haven't touched the series since. I have no idea who buys these every year...
#56  May 10, 2015, 08:49:52 pm
I went for AC4 after I heard good things, but it didn't click for me and I might sell it mostly unplayed.
#57  May 11, 2015, 10:00:26 am
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
Well, that's fair. Bad news takes time to propagate, pre-order culture is everywhere. Releasing a shitty game won't really affect sales if it's an established IP, what it does is tanks the sales of the next one.

I do. I still enjoy it, despite its recent bad rep, they games are still enjoyable for its lore, and the open world is still fun as hell to run around in.

Apparently more details got leaked about the new game, might be named AC Syndicate... kinda lame.
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/gs-news-update-assassin-s-creed-victory-details-le/2300-6424766/

Bear in mind this was leaked to polygon, so it may not be entirely true. Assassins name is apparently Jacob Frye.

EDIT: Further details
http://gematsu.com/2015/05/rumor-assassins-creed-syndicate-star-brother-sister-protagonists
Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:36:29 pm by [DKG]
#58  May 12, 2015, 06:31:29 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
If you missed the live stream of Assassins Creed Syndicate here it is
#59  May 12, 2015, 08:36:50 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
And if you just want the trailers, here you go

Looks like Unity, but with things you can actually ride around on (which I really missed in Unity) and a grapple hook, and I think a brotherhood type feature.
Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 08:47:24 pm by [DKG]
#60  May 12, 2015, 09:28:37 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
You do know all the trailers are in that video that i posted right Lol plus more information about the game from ubisoft and all you did was make the thread load slower than it does already.