YesNoOk

DM7's Edit Release Thread (Current: Geese Howard By Phantom Of The Server) (Read 139267 times)

Started by DauntlessMonk7, April 29, 2020, 08:29:10 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which 3 main attack buttons should I use?

A, B, & C (the Kick buttons)
1 (5.9%)
X, Y, &, Z (the Punch buttons)
4 (23.5%)
"why can't you make it 6 buttons like POTS tho"
12 (70.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Re: DM7's Edit Release Thread (Current: Geese Howard By Phantom Of The Server)
#41  October 22, 2022, 06:39:22 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
link down
#42  October 22, 2022, 03:28:43 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
link down

Do you mean to Geese?
Hm... Maybe I removed it from my OneDrive by accident. My bad.
Still, that was a pretty outdated edit that was going to be replaced anyway.
I'll probably post a replacement later tonight or tomorrow.

Also I need to update the images, and get one of Geese's stages to make them look more high quality.
#43  May 28, 2023, 04:21:37 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
STATUS REPORT: 2023 EDITION

…Yep.

So long story short, I’m still chipping away at my edit of POTS Geese, I’ve just been juggling a ton of other stuff over the past-

*checks notes*

…3 years.

How the fu-

Anyway, I know all things considered, I should have released 2 or 3 updated betas by now, but I didn’t really want to do that since I didn’t really want to release something I knew was incredibly unfinished because I’ve always felt that’d make me look like a tool if people found stuff that would seem like obvious fixes & I also need to remember to keep updating the beta to fix stuff, but then I’d forget about it after a while because I’m working on other stuff, etc.

I think since I’ve been working on him for so long, I might just share an unfinished beta on OneDrive anyway, but for right now, I want to do some more work on him first.

“But what are you even adding/changing to him?”

In a word, EVERYTHING.
…Ok, not everything, but a lot:

-Trying to make moves function more like KOF (Rashomon being a true command grab, for example)
-Redoing the button arrangement, changing  system mechanics, & new input motions
-EX Mode (& maybe a Nightmare Mode, but I’m not sure what to do with that conceptually yet)
-Making ES Moves & Supers cost more & have stricter requirements
-More voiceclips & intros/outros (in hindsight I probably should have saved this for last, but too late now)
-Learning how to do frankenspritng for some missing animations (though this’ll probably actually be for last)
-Changing sounds & FX to be less POTS/Infinite/CVS3/whatever & more (kind of) “my own thing” (quotation marks since they’d still be lifted/rearranged from other creators)

Essentially, making it more than just me changing a few things & calling it an edit.
Namely because I feel like if I’m going to edit something, I’d want to make it more unique & stand out from the original as much as possible, when feasible, rather than just giving Geese like multi colored hitsparks or cranking up his starts to try & make him seem more like an “epic boss” or whatever.

I do think I’ll eventually try & figure out how to get the multi colored sparks working, but that’s very low priority to everything else right now.

Anyways, just wanted to give an update on where things stand right now.
I’ll do my best to make him worth the wait. Have a great night, everybody. ^~^

TL;DR: Geese is taking way too long because I’m changing way too much, & also because real life comes first.