YesNoOk

FAQ (Updated - Regarding Necrobumps) (Read 17595 times)

Started by Sean Altly, September 13, 2011, 09:04:10 am
Share this topic:
FAQ (Updated - Regarding Necrobumps)
New #1  September 13, 2011, 09:04:10 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I saw BC's FAQ thread in the SFA4 section and decided that one of my own would be a good idea.

Q. Will this game be made for Mugen 1.0 or WinMugen?
A. The game is being made for Mugen 1.0 in order to utilize it's new features.

Q: You should totally add *insert character's name* to the roster/Why isn't *insert character name* in the game?
A. Thanks, I'm open to ideas and suggestions, but the roster at this point is more or less finalized. If someone isn't in it, it's due to time/space/work constraints. Which leads me to...

Q: Who are the ??? slots in the Roster Thread?
A. They are characters who I want to be in the game, but I have not yet revealed or gotten everything worked out for them yet. I know who I want them to be, so please don't spam me with suggestions.

Q: Why is Ken in the game when Ryu is in it as well?
A. I like Ken way more than Ryu, but people were upset at first when I listed Ken instead of Ryu. Everyone was like "You need Ryu, he's the face of Capcom!" and what not, so I decided to include both. That's just how it is, Ken is not going anywhere, so please don't suggest I remove him.

Q: Who is helping you with this?
A. Refer to this thread for more info.

Q: Can I help?
A. Sure! What do you want to help with? Send me a PM if you can help with any aspect of the game. Please remember that if I tell you no thanks, it's not because I'm arrogant or rude, it's because whatever you offered to help with is already covered or something to that effect.

Q: When will the game be done?
A. A long time from now, sooner if I get help. I don't do release dates.

Q: Will you be releasing the characters individually?
A. I will be releasing certain characters as stand alone releases. They will use the CvTW play style. Other characters, mostly the conversions of existing characters (Ryu, Ken, Charlie, Terry, K', etc.), will not be released because there's not much of a point to it. I'm aware that every character that I make that isn't an original character or original conversion (Axel, Squall, etc.) has a better version out there already (PotS Ryu, for example), so there really is no need to release Mugen's 1692nd Ryu when no one will really want to play it as long as PotS Ryu is available. Some of them have been released already. Here is a list for reference.

Already Released:

Squall Leonhart
Rorschach
Solid Snake
CM Punk
Jin Kazama
Det. Laurel (SHADEs 2 version)

Planned for Release:

Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Axel Stone
Sonic the Hedgehog
Albert Wesker
Mr. X
Superman
Gouken

Q: Why are you working on this when you haven't finished SHADEs of Manhattan 2 yet?
A. A while back, Kamekaze requested I send him all the characters for SHADEs 2 so he could update their AI to 1.0 (in order to use the AI Level feature and other new stuff). I am still waiting for him to finish them. He's got a bit over half of them done. When he's finished, I will work on a few final tweaks as well as the endings, and release the first version of the game. Meanwhile, rather than twiddle my thumbs, I'm working on this game, which is something I planned to do after SHADEs 2 anyway.
Shades 2 is actually done. Download at www.shadesofmanhattan.com.

Q: Can I create threads here?
A. I would prefer that you didn't unless you are involved with the game in some way. I'm trying to keep this as organized as possible.

Q: Well, since I can't create new threads, can I necrobump old topics?
A. That is fine. Since this is a Full-Game Board with a limited number of topics/threads, I'm not really concerned about necro bumps. Projects like these take a lot of time and threads are going to get old. I'm letting you guys know this so you won't report them any more, and so that you know that if you'd like to add an opinion or comment to any of these threads, don't worry about how old they are. It's fine. I don't want people to create their own threads here, so if they can't do that and they don't think they can comment on old threads, I may get less and less posts as time goes on. I do appreciate people looking out for this section, but really, I don't mind necro bumps because this isn't the same as the general forum.

Q: Why isn't DANTE in this?
A. Because, no one has made a good, complete sprite set for him and released it yet, so he's not in. I don't care enough about Dante to make sprite smyself, I've just never found him interesting. I know he's become an iconic Capcom character, but I'm only one man. Please stop asking for/suggesting Dante, unless someone has made a complete sprite set that I don't know about yet.

If anyone can think of any more questions I should add to this, let me know.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:47:45 pm by Sean Altly
Re: FAQ (Please read before posting!)
#2  September 13, 2011, 02:25:52 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Good stuff my brotha, I would love to jump on aboard but, trying hard to finish up my little cup of tea. I like the characters you have selected for release. Also, will this game feature a  special intro for it. Good luck man!
Re: FAQ (Updated - Regarding Necrobumps)
#3  June 29, 2012, 09:11:08 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
I have a question regarding the necrobump. Is it ok I necrobump under your sections like here (CvTW) and the Shades series?
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#4  June 29, 2012, 09:19:47 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Uh yeah, that's exactly what I said man. No offense, but the point of a FAQ is so I don't have to answer questions that are, well, asked frequently. :P

Q: Well, since I can't create new threads, can I necrobump old topics?
!. That is fine. Since this is a Full-Game Board with a limited number of topics/threads, I'm not really concerned about necro bumps. Projects like these take a lot of time and threads are going to get old. I'm letting you guys know this so you won't report them any more, and so that you know that if you'd like to add an opinion or comment to any of these threads, don't worry about how old they are. It's fine. I don't want people to create their own threads here, so if they can't do that and they don't think they can comment on old threads, I may get less and less posts as time goes on. I do appreciate people looking out for this section, but really, I don't mind necro bumps because this isn't the same as the general forum.

Download Last Bout now!
#5  July 26, 2012, 06:02:28 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Sorry for the bump, but I have a question: When the game is finished, will it be molebox'd?
#6  August 02, 2012, 02:08:56 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
definitely a badass roster so far. hope to see more of the screens