YesNoOk

entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 1323691 times)

Started by Titiln, June 18, 2011, 03:16:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#4501  June 10, 2021, 10:05:48 pm
    • Germany
Masters of the Universe: Revelation
#4502  June 11, 2021, 12:06:49 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
They gave He-Man Kenshiro's wanderer motif and generally getup, but then also in stark contrast gave him literally Sailor Moon Crystal's transformation sequence.

I....you can't just DO that, guys.  I'm laughing but confused but pretty sure enjoying it?  Because that is He-Man to a T.

Mark Hamill as Skeletor is ultimately gonna take some getting used to.  No one could possibly argue against Mark's performance value and has the freaking Joker down to perfection.  But it is notably different than the original which was likewise iconic with the character.

GOH

#4503  June 18, 2021, 06:32:16 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Can we delete I Need a Hero from every future video in existence? Thanks
#4504  June 24, 2021, 09:55:27 am
Can we delete I Need a Hero from every future video in existence? Thanks

I agree. I hate trailers with a overused music that is already done before. For example, I can't stand on MJ's Bad or Thriller in some movie trailers.
#4505  June 29, 2021, 08:54:18 pm
    • Germany
They gave He-Man Kenshiro's wanderer motif and generally getup, but then also in stark contrast gave him literally Sailor Moon Crystal's transformation sequence.

About that...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#4506  June 30, 2021, 02:02:18 am
    • USA
That's actually a good point I overlooked, I didn't even consider what he was riding on because my mind went straight to "Horse = Fist of the North Star".
#4507  July 26, 2021, 03:53:48 am
    • USA
And hey, following up on the previous topic this thread died on, the He-Man show is out now.  Just finished watching the first part earlier today, s'pretty good show so far.

It does remind me that I'm still surprised that they have no connection to the She-Ra reboot whatsoever, given its also recent popularity.  I haven't seen it myself yet but I am aware it has its own handful of intentional changes from the source, whereas this is much more in-line with He-Man traditionally but center of focus changed and characters expanded upon.  But even He-Man has alt. universes and whatnot to meddle with.  Not so much a complaint as a surprised shrug that they didn't have so much as cameoed a little wink and a nudge.
Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 04:02:13 am by Long John Killer
#4508  July 26, 2021, 10:46:44 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

And hey, following up on the previous topic this thread died on, the He-Man show is out now.  Just finished watching the first part earlier today, s'pretty good show so far.

He-Man Revelations was great. Well the first episode. It's pretty much Teela for the next 3 episodes. She is a shallow drama queen in my opinion. That or she's as poorly written as Michael Burnham. It still is entertaining. I love that Orko and Evil-Lyn are getting some character development. The Twitter drama shillers over at Youtube just love destroying Kevin Smith with this especially with the results in Rotten Tomatoes.

How it will end with part 2 would be disappointing  ............

It does remind me that I'm still surprised that they have no connection to the She-Ra reboot whatsoever, given its also recent popularity.  I haven't seen it myself yet but I am aware it has its own handful of intentional changes from the source, whereas this is much more in-line with He-Man traditionally but center of focus changed and characters expanded upon.  But even He-Man has alt. universes and whatnot to meddle with.  Not so much a complaint as a surprised shrug that they didn't have so much as cameoed a little wink and a nudge.

She-Ra remake was good. It pretty much succeeds where Legend Of Korra failed at. Sadly, He-Man doesn't exist in that universe.

One thing I would really like is they make a sequel of the He-Man 2000 show.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#4509  July 26, 2021, 05:36:33 pm
    • USA
Kinda the wrong guy to say Korra failed, I enjoyed it pretty thoroughly.  Nick failed Korra, not Korra the show failing what it managed.  But I guess you mean the company behind the She-Ra reboot didn't mess with its production intentionally and it did what the creators wanted without interference, then cool.

I'm not expecting the plot twist ending from this season to last.  One, it's a repeat of what the show opened on, the character had no growth since their return since....it's literally moments after.  Two, as many unexpected twists and turns you want to take to get there, the whole main conflict is still between He-Man and Skeletor, they have to have their big climatic battle because that's their roles.  And three, if the least tangentially reasonable relation, the last big He-Man media craze was the He-Man vs ThunderCats crossover and that was also all built around killing off He-Man right at the start only for him to get better down the line.
#4510  July 27, 2021, 08:45:29 am
    • Germany
About She-Ra.

About the story in general.

About Kevin Smith.

He is a dick, nothing more and nothing less, he even admitted in his last livestream on his own channel that the higher ups on Netflix are realy happy about all the Drama that he and some other people who are involved in making this series a causing on Twitter and Youtube, it is the classic "There is no such thing as bad publicity" mentality, and because of this they will continue to behave that way.
#4511  July 28, 2021, 06:22:24 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

Only reason for me to watch this if they have a scene of Enchantress calling out on Injustice Superman's hypocrisy.  :laugh3:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/injustice-gods-among-us-movie-dc-1234985568/
Injustice is coming to the small screen.

The film falls under the DC Animated Movie banner and is inspired by Netherrealm Studios’ Injustice: Gods Among Us video game and the best-selling DC comic book series Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year One from writer Tom Taylor. The story takes place on an alternate Earth where the Joker has tricked Superman into killing Lois Lane, sending the hero on a rampage. This unnhinged Superman decides to take control of Earth for its own good, leading Batman and his allies to attempt to stop him.

Injustice is produced by Warner Bros. Animation, DC and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.
sailormoongalaxy said:
#4512  July 28, 2021, 01:32:34 pm
    • Germany
A new Ghostbusters Afterlife trailer is out.

#4513  July 28, 2021, 06:29:07 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms
#4514  August 02, 2021, 06:44:34 pm
    • Germany
A new Trailer for VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE
#4515  August 02, 2021, 07:06:00 pm
Cletus said:
I've tasted blood before
?? Yeah ? Like basically everyone on earth ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4516  August 19, 2021, 04:26:19 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

CGI is not my thing. Doesn't help it looks like a mobile game. I'll stick with the Kevin Smith edition.

sailormoongalaxy said:
#4517  August 19, 2021, 07:09:33 pm
    • Germany
CGI is not my thing. Doesn't help it looks like a mobile game. I'll stick with the Kevin Smith edition.

At least this He-Man show features HE-MAN, but it seems not to be made for my generation, not realy sure what to think about it to be honest. ö.ö
#4518  August 20, 2021, 12:44:06 am
    • USA
Funny, the first thing that comes to mind from that, beyond the fact that they're clearly making a World of Warcraft kid's cartoon judging from the character designs, is that Thundercats Roar prior also changed their tiny sidekick character suddenly and without reason fully into a robot.  Why is that a reoccurring thing in these era of reboots?  I dread to imagine the 2020's having a Dexter's Laboratory reboot in 5-ish years now with Dee Dee replaced with a robot just to erase the character's inclusion to events in the series while playing enough lip service to say "They're there at all".

He-Man's in a weird funk with these reboots.  I'm not particularly fazed by the Revelations series' changes because I'm not that die hard a He-Man fan that the guy sharing his dominating spotlight hogging isn't going to irreparably scar my soul or whatever Twitter's on about now and the progression makes logical sense enough, and not being that hardcore a fan likewise this new one also doesn't faze me much, just.....kinda bemused at how they want to make this Power Rangers, I guess?  But it does leave me wondering why this is the THIRD He-Man franchise split in only a few years?
#4519  September 09, 2021, 04:39:47 pm
    • Germany
The Matrix Resurrections Trailer.

#4520  September 09, 2021, 06:53:27 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com