YesNoOk

CVTW2 Ryu 24 December 2017 update (Read 465863 times)

Started by Memo, March 01, 2017, 07:52:14 am
Share this topic:
Re: CVTW2 Ryu 24 December 2017 update
#201  December 25, 2017, 10:18:18 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Wait what? Thats not how frame data works. Startup refers to how many frames of the move are present before an attack, so how long the character is preparing to attack, active refers to how long the move is capable of damaging the opponent. If its capable of damaging the opponent, its not startup anymore. If a move says its 3 frames, odds are that translates to ticks for Mugen. So 3 frames = 3 ticks. I love Ryu, but a 2 frame attack is a bit much, don't want 3S Chun levels of BS :p

Here is the frame data guide for newbies
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/106615/basic-frame-data-guide-for-newbies

And here is a quote from it

The convention in frame guides is to include the first frame of the active phase of the move in it's startup (apparently because some people find it hard to add 1 to a number). So when you see a move has a 4 frame startup, it actually means it takes 3 frames to startup and hits on frame 4. This is also incidentally what people mean when they refer to "X" frame moves. X just represents the first frame of the move's active phase (ie. the first frame it's capable of hitting the opponent). In this case, Ryu's Far LP is a 4 frame move. The frame data also says the active phase of Far LP lasts for 3 frames, which means that it's capable of hitting an opponent for 3 frames in it's life span. The 6 frames of recovery should be obvious.

Yea I know its retarded but Ryu has a 3 frame light punch lol(2 frame start up)
Its probably why his light punch got nerfed in SFV
#202  December 25, 2017, 11:03:22 pm
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
Hm, was unaware of that. Strange. Also
If you were to look at 3S Ryu, his Jab is 3 frames. But this isn't true, since he only has 1 frame of his LP animation, but it LASTS 2 ticks. This is what i was referring to. It is stated as being 3 frames, so it translates in to 3 ticks in Mugen. I apologise for my lousy explanation. Here is the actual data (cool ass site btw)
http://ensabahnur.free.fr/BastonNew/hitboxesDisplay.php?sMode=f&iChar=2&sMoveType=fd_normals&sAction=w&iMove=1
As you can see, the move actually DOES startup in 3 frames, and becomes active on the 4th. I'm not crazy XD This is what i've been referencing
EDIT: IT has 2 frames, was going on memory i'm a dumbass. Doesn't change much tho since that frame last an additional tick, so 3
Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 11:07:51 pm by Yoshin222
#203  December 25, 2017, 11:51:51 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Hm, was unaware of that. Strange. Also
If you were to look at 3S Ryu, his Jab is 3 frames. But this isn't true, since he only has 1 frame of his LP animation, but it LASTS 2 ticks. This is what i was referring to. It is stated as being 3 frames, so it translates in to 3 ticks in Mugen. I apologise for my lousy explanation. Here is the actual data (cool ass site btw)
http://ensabahnur.free.fr/BastonNew/hitboxesDisplay.php?sMode=f&iChar=2&sMoveType=fd_normals&sAction=w&iMove=1
As you can see, the move actually DOES startup in 3 frames, and becomes active on the 4th. I'm not crazy XD This is what i've been referencing
EDIT: IT has 2 frames, was going on memory i'm a dumbass. Doesn't change much tho since that frame last an additional tick, so 3

I like that site, hopefully someone figures out how to rip the hitbox info
Cause the site can be slow sometimes

Edit* frames and ticks is the same thing
#204  December 26, 2017, 01:15:36 am
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
Btw i dunno if this was brought up, but i feel Ryu hits WAY too hard. Like, i'm able to get near 50% meterless. I didn't see any scaling in the code, so i took the liberty of applying my own to see the difference

I only applied it to the normals used, too lazy lol. If you want the scaling, here it is, its based on USFIV, but has elements of SFV and could easily be edited to fully match. It uses free variables in Ryu too
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#205  December 26, 2017, 01:58:28 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Btw i dunno if this was brought up, but i feel Ryu hits WAY too hard. Like, i'm able to get near 50% meterless. I didn't see any scaling in the code, so i took the liberty of applying my own to see the difference
[youtube]https://youtu.be/l58stuhqKTc[/youtube]
I only applied it to the normals used, too lazy lol. If you want the scaling, here it is, its based on USFIV, but has elements of SFV and could easily be edited to fully match. It uses free variables in Ryu too
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Thanks! there is a damage dampener but I'm not sure how good it
Is.  Ill try this out and apply it to the rest.

Damage dampeners' is one of my weak points I haven't had much luck
Figuring them out on my own.