YesNoOk

Nickelodeon All Star Brawl (Read 327615 times)

Started by walt, July 13, 2021, 07:39:39 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Nickelodeon All Star Brawl
#21  July 14, 2021, 01:32:57 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Probably not Angelica.  I imagine there’s some ethical concerns putting literal babies into a fighting game.  That’s almost certainly why Reptar is in; they need to rep Rugrats somehow without making players punch 1-3 year old toddlers in the throat.
#22  July 14, 2021, 02:53:04 pm

I've looked the official website and read the copyright names and I found 'Butch Hartman'

Could it be Timmy and/of Dudley Puppy be confirmed soon?
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#23  July 14, 2021, 02:55:03 pm
    • USA
Danny Phantom is Hartman's too.
#24  July 14, 2021, 04:26:03 pm
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#25  July 14, 2021, 06:39:20 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Yes also Jimmy Neutron and Gang have to be included and one stage referencing Cousin Skeeter along with Kenan and Kell!
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#26  July 14, 2021, 08:33:12 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Rash, Zitz and Pimple from the new Battletoads game would definitely fit in that roster. lol
#27  July 14, 2021, 09:30:21 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Probably not Angelica.  I imagine there’s some ethical concerns putting literal babies into a fighting game.  That’s almost certainly why Reptar is in; they need to rep Rugrats somehow without making players punch 1-3 year old toddlers in the throat.
Agreed, just adding one of the main cast as-is would definitely cross the line of nonsense;

Spoiler: But, alternatively... (click to see content)

Also, Rocket Power when? :innocent:
#28  July 15, 2021, 01:57:42 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Also, since I skipped this before.

Any guesses to who could be the final boss? :beam:
It's gotta be Olmec.  Nick's currently in the running of rebooting Legends of the Hidden Temple and the whole show's concept works sorta like that shadow super boss from Smash 4 after Master/Crazy Hands.

I also expect the green slime to be incorporated somehow into the game because that was essentially Nick's whole identity for the time frame a number of these shows featured came out during.

Not for nothing but just for comparison, Cartoon Network's Smash clone from some years back also had a weird approach for their final boss; the whole game was about Space Ghost screwing around with his t.v. remote.
#29  July 15, 2021, 02:11:21 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Quick question.  I noticed Nick/Viacom owns the rights to Garfield to the point he will be receiving his own series at some point.  How likely are his chances so we can see some lasagna setups?
#30  July 15, 2021, 02:20:31 am
    • USA
How recent was the acquisition?  I had no idea about it but I guess the last time I thought of Garfield was either those terrible live-action movies or Cartoon Network doing a 3D cartoon years ago that I never saw.  The TMNT acquisition was quite a while ago, though I still don't much think of them as a Nick brand series personally, but at least its been long enough for a whole new generation to be acquainted to Nick's versions of the Turtles.
#31  July 15, 2021, 03:09:03 am
    • USA
TMNT's been a Nickelodeon property long enough that they've gotten away with using them in a bunch of other crossover games in recent years.  Even with the recent acquisition, I don't see them rushing to shoehorn Garfield into this game.  In the cultural zeitgeist Garfield is very much its own brand, and doesn't have any association as being a part of Nickelodeon, at least not to the degree that TMNT now does.

Jesus Crunchy Christ I'm actually discussing the logistics of whether or not Garfield is likely to appear in a Smash Bros-style crossover platform fighter.  What the FUCK is this timeline?
#32  July 15, 2021, 03:17:46 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#33  July 15, 2021, 03:27:15 am
    • USA
https://nickelodeonallstarbrawl.com/?fbclid=IwAR1bYuYjtaML2BbnlLw6GdoKOA0QfUVa-qC5LULO8cbAoxz_xMAqPQeyZxk

I noticed something odd when going over the official site.  The URLs for the character portraits of each character has some sort of codename assigned to each character.

SpongeBob: Apple
Lincoln Loud: Rascal
Zim: Alien
Powdered Toast Man: Hero
Reptar: Mascot
Leonardo: Moon
Danny Phantom: Plasma
Michelangelo: Pizza
Lucy: Goth
Helga: Rival
Nigel Thornberry: Narrator
Patrick: Star
Oblina: Snake

Most of these make sense.  But why is SpongeBob called Apple?  And Leonardo Moon?  Some obscure factoid about them I'm not recalling or familiar with?  Because I really can't recall anything to do with apples in SpongeBob.
#34  July 16, 2021, 03:30:03 am
    • USA
Probably just placeholder names they were uploaded under.  My guess is the assets were uploaded without specific references to the properties involved in case someone datamined the site and leaked everything before they announced it.  Whoever was in charge probably did it without much thought and couldn't think of a simple word that wouldn't give away Spongebob so they just named it something random.
#35  July 16, 2021, 05:33:02 am
  • Every journey has it's final day, don't rush.
    • USA
I may purchase the game depending on what the roster is. If the game is successful enough, I feel there may be DLC down the line.

Timmy's dad needs to be playable!
#36  July 16, 2021, 07:49:15 am
    • Brazil
I wonder if we'll see ATLA in this...
#37  July 16, 2021, 09:55:01 am
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
#38  July 17, 2021, 01:28:14 am
    • USA
I had actually rather forgotten that.  Which is silly of me, because it's in the freaking opening credits.  Thank you.
#39  July 17, 2021, 06:26:18 am
    • Japan
Smash bros nicklodeon version? Look’s fun!
#40  July 17, 2021, 10:19:11 pm
    • USA
Shot in the dark here, but mulling it over, since they're reaching both new school and old school, a nice mix of both would be adding Professor Membrane.  What with the Invader Zim movie and all making new fans.

I'd say obviously after Dib is confirmed, but for some reason they went with Powdered Toast Man before Ren & Stimpy themselves, so eh, whatever works for them.