YesNoOk

Chuchoryu's Mike Re-sprite project (Read 21464 times)

Started by Rabano, September 13, 2022, 09:29:20 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Chuchoryu's Mike Re-sprite project
#21  September 28, 2022, 02:32:21 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I tried my hand at realigning the sprites a bit. It seemed a little bit of the jitter was from the placement of the feet.

It still needs some love. I think shortening a leg in 2 or 3 frames should do the trick

@Rabano: The sprites look good. But his belt buckle should be at the same height on 2 spots. When his legs are apart, and when his legs are together. So 2 frames, 0 & 5, and the 2 frames 2 & 7. Though you could use 3&7.
The up and down motion looks great. But you need his legs to be the same length. So when his left leg is at one location, and the right gets to the same spot, his hip should be at the same height.

I'm always down to see Chuchoryu's stuff get helped out a bit. I'm looking forward to all this!
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#22  September 28, 2022, 04:45:26 pm
    • Argentina
Thanks you a ton, it looks way better honestly

Beside figuring out how to add scaling, the next thing I want to do with him is improving his animations and sprites, I'll try my best to do it
#23  September 30, 2022, 07:47:41 pm
    • Argentina
So Im not sure if I should change the name of this topic, but I have the idea of Mike not being the only Chuchoryu's character I edit.

In fact I want to do a Street Fighter 1 Remake (yeah another one) with POTS Style.

So, now that Mike's char is near completion... what about the two other Chucho's SF 1 Sprites?

---LEE---

(Left is Chucho's sprite and Right is my edit, following the Shadaloo C.R.I. version of him)

---GEKI---

(Left is Chucho's sprite and Right is my edit)

#24  October 01, 2022, 01:07:21 am
    • Argentina
Geki's sprite is an edit from Felo's old sprite he edited back in 2006. It's not fully edited by Chuchoryu. It's an edit of an edit. If you're planning on editing Geki as a full character, please give credits to Felo. He will appreciate it.
#25  October 01, 2022, 01:25:27 am
    • Argentina
Oh I didn't know that, when I looked up I only saw Chucho's name in it, so I assumed that it was original. Thanks for letting me know
#26  October 02, 2022, 05:53:56 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Ooops! Yes, those arms are mine. I mean, the sprites, not my actual arms hahahaha. The problem you'll be having with both Lee and Geki is the same you had with Mike. As Chucho used different characters both in terms of shading, proportions, etc, the result is not as good as expected. I thought you were going to fix that for Mike.
As I see your Argentinian flag in the profile, and I don't know how to express it well in English, I'll do in Spanish:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
In short: I find pretty cool you try to improve Chucho's work, but before of that, I'd suggest you to study more anatomy or do other free sprites for practice with them. I did the same mistake a lot of years ago.

Also, Chucho did not use to put the names of the creators in his characters, but that changed. It as a big WOAH when he released C.Viper using MY sprites without naming me in(something he fixed in newer versions, putting my name on it), and you can clearly see what sprites where did by him in Juri and what were done by me :P

Good luck!!

I swear there was something cool here!!
#27  October 02, 2022, 06:57:30 pm
    • Argentina
Thanks for the tips, I really need to improve in those sprites, I kinda have practice with anatomy but not with spritework in general, and Mike shows that.

I'll pause those sprites and focus in practicing the stuff you told me, and see if later on I can make them look good enough, Thanks you.

btw I didn't realice that Geki uses Ibuki's pants. I don't know why Chucho used SF III sprites for the legs and SVS/Alpha sprites for the rest of the body for both Geki and Mike, I feel there's better sprites you can use for that, and better, one's that match the artstyle of the upper body
#28  October 02, 2022, 11:12:27 pm
    • Argentina

Tried to fix them a little