Started by DMK, July 31, 2011, 06:42:35 AM
Share this topic:

DMK

Catherine
#1  July 31, 2011, 06:42:35 AM
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Been out since Tuesday and can't help but find myself being pulled away into the addictive puzzles an character interactions. Puzzles are tough as shit though, but as of the most recent boss I'm getting much better. Anyone here enjoying it or like the demo?

SNT

Re: Catherine
#2  July 31, 2011, 06:48:46 AM
  • Sodium Nonchalance Technician
    • Australia
    • thesaltminedotcom.wordpress.com
Not getting an official release out here, which is for the best because if it got sent to the OFLC it'd probably get RC'd and Customs would watch for it.  As it is, though, if it isn't sent there, they don't know to look for it.  Hopefully as R18 comes into effect it might see an official release, but either way it's still importable by specialty stores.  Might pick it up with my next paycheck, but I want to finish Persona 4 first.
If you're hosting your stuff on 4Shared, you might as well not release it at all.
#3  July 31, 2011, 07:08:01 AM
    • USA
Im more interested in the story than the game itself. I'll probably watch it on Youtube.
#4  July 31, 2011, 11:06:06 AM
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Im worried that it shares all the problems that Atlus'es(i dunno D:) other games do. Still im kinda looking forward what it has to offer. Seems like the most original concept to come out for a while.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#5  July 31, 2011, 04:35:51 PM
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
The game is really complex, and as more you advance more you have to rely on luck in some cases. It's fun, but if you don't like complex puzzle games of climbing a tower by dragging blocks and climbing them, with a strict time limit and other stuff that can kill you or screw your advance (plus depending of the mode you have limited lives that have to last to the end of the game), you won't like this. Personally, I'm bad with those games, so it's enough for me to see other expert players in Youtube (like MasterLL).
#6  July 31, 2011, 04:53:05 PM
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I'm really liking the story and the puzzle gameplay is quite addictive, but I wish there was a little bit more to do in between nightmares.  It seems like after you escape each night, you just get a couple of cutscenes before you're dumped back into the bar.  I wouldn't mind having some more in-between options, but it's a minor complaint.  It's still a solid game overall.
#7  August 01, 2011, 02:52:41 AM
  • You PC bro?
lol, I'm playing on Normal difficulty and, thanks to the demo, I was able to get gold on the first nightmare stage! XD There's like, eight endings in the game. Do two endings play at once?
#8  August 01, 2011, 03:13:49 AM
    • USA
#9  August 01, 2011, 05:07:08 AM
  • [E]
    • Mexico
however, they look nothing like the two character shown in-game

weird, on this point I always imagine the characters in japanese games to look like the average japanese, unless stated otherwise; so that's pretty much exactly how I imagined the catherine characters.

DMK

#10  August 02, 2011, 04:47:57 AM
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Im more interested in the story than the game itself. I'll probably watch it on Youtube.

At one point in my frustration I nearly did the samething, but it wouldn't feel as satisfying

SNT

#11  September 04, 2011, 05:54:44 AM
    • Australia
At the risk of getting pinged for necro, Finest KO are streaming the NorCal Regional tournament bracket for head-to-head Catherine.  Not only is it legit, it actually looks more competitive than every other fighter this year.
If you're hosting your stuff on 4Shared, you might as well not release it at all.
Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 05:58:33 AM by SNT
#12  September 04, 2011, 03:23:06 PM
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
basically this game should be at every major from now on
#13  September 05, 2011, 06:02:07 AM
    • USA
Googled it and lo and behold!, the Saltmine came up on the first page. :)

SNT

#14  September 05, 2011, 06:14:56 AM
    • Australia
Says it right on the banner: the LATEST in fighting games and sodium news.
#15  September 06, 2011, 05:44:51 PM
    • USA