YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2411613 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#81  October 31, 2007, 08:30:25 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Those "little stories", were they not small parts of alternative routes?
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#82  October 31, 2007, 10:11:59 pm
  • Don't Give me that Look!
    • USA
Hm, this has been bothering me for a while.
Does the Melty Blood have an anime? What's it called?
And this..."Immaterial and Missing Power" stuff...?_?

Tsukihime has an anime adaptation, but it was a very poor quality one.
It's as if they didn't even look at the manga and started to make up their own little stories.

Melty Blood is the sequel to Tsukihime. It has it's own manga, but as of yet there is no anime.
They should re-do Tsukihime first before they make a Melty Blood anime...

The thing is.......i was to believe that Melty Blood was more like an alternate universe sequel to Tsukihime
(Kinda like a "What if this happened at the end of tsukihime" type thing)
and the actual sequel to Tsukihime was called "Kagetsu Tohya" (sorry if i misspelled)

Tsukihime => Kagetsu Tohya

Melty Blood => Melty Blood Re Act => Melty Blood Act Cadenza

I don't think.......i could be wrong
Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 01:41:40 am by Kunai20
#83  November 01, 2007, 02:19:07 am
The manga ? Not all of it. The anime just made up a bunch of things.
The thing is.......i was to believe that Melty Blood was more like an alternate universe sequel to Tsukihime
(Kinda like a "What if this happened at the end of tsukihime" type thing)
and the actual sequel to Tsukihime was called "Kagetsu Tohya" (sorry if i misspelled)

Tsukihime => Kagetsu Tohya

Melty Blood => Melty Blood Re Act => Melty Blood Act Cadenza
Tsukihime runs on alternate timelines anyway, they're all canon and not "what if"s. The very first time, Arcueid's Good End was what the project started with, then her True End came along quickly and was assumed as the "most canon" route, yet the other routes are still just as canon.
Kagetsu follows up a particular route of Tsukihime, although it's not explicitely stated which.
Melty Blood follows another route - which is Satsuki's Normal End, and that's official. And yes, there has been no Satsuki route published, but Type-Moon does have it (they could never add it in time for Tsukihime itself, and the Plus Disc extra only explain bits of it) and they mentionned they hoped they could release it in some form someday. Some say/pray it could be the "truest" route, the "most" canon one, although we'd have to wait for Tsukihime 2 to know if Talk, the Dark Six prologue, and the Prelude that was in the Character Material, are made "real".
ReAct replaces MB, AC follows ReAct.

About the topic, I'm expecting a lot from the seven Kara no Kyoukai movies. One month left for the first.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 02:24:35 am by Baiken
#84  November 01, 2007, 02:27:47 am
  • Yume De Aetara fanboy of the highest caliber!
    • www.esnips.com/user/urzaspalettes
This will help:

All of Type Moons characters and relationships.
(Thank you 4chan!)

Ecchi, it calls to me...
#85  November 01, 2007, 02:30:32 am
Phr0zen is still planning on updating it when we see the end of Fate/Zero though.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#86  November 01, 2007, 02:39:57 am
It would be extremely interesting if there were a branch of the Nayana family living somewhere outside of Japan.

Ecchi, it calls to me...
#87  November 01, 2007, 02:51:57 am
  • Don't Give me that Look!
    • USA
ReAct replaces MB, AC follows ReAct.
I figured as much.

So it's up to Tsukihime 2 to answer the rest of the unsolved mysteries from the first Tsukihime
or atleast I hope it does

About the topic, I'm expecting a lot from the seven Kara no Kyoukai movies. One month left for the first.
Me too Baiken........Me too

also, anyone watch Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
I read the manga so im quite attentive on what's goin on in the anime(still watch it though)
#88  November 01, 2007, 03:33:04 am
It would be extremely interesting if there were a branch of the Nayana family living somewhere outside of Japan.
Not happening by definition for two reasons : first reason is, the Demon Hunter Organization (Nanaya, Fujou, Ryougi, Asagami families) is only in Japan - plus most of them are gone with Tohno Shiki, Ryougi Shiki and Asagami Fujino being the last known members and aren't even in it anymore, Ryougi's brother (who is heir to her family) being a wuss. Second reason, the Nanaya clan is mostly inbred so that they could actually keep and maintain their psychic powers through the generations - meaning the only ones with the jougan of the Nanayas were the ones Kouma wiped out. However, their physical prowess are only pushing the human body to the limit, so these might not be limited to the Nanayas except for some really special technics of their own (Kyokushi Nanaya). Their psychic powers, which is what gave them their only asset against half demons, are specific to them, though.
Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 03:37:18 am by Baiken
#89  November 02, 2007, 05:17:59 pm
Not happening by definition for two reasons : first reason is, the Demon Hunter Organization (Nanaya, Fujou, Ryougi, Asagami families) is only in Japan - plus most of them are gone with Tohno Shiki, Ryougi Shiki and Asagami Fujino being the last known members and aren't even in it anymore, Ryougi's brother (who is heir to her family) being a wuss. Second reason, the Nanaya clan is mostly inbred so that they could actually keep and maintain their psychic powers through the generations - meaning the only ones with the jougan of the Nanayas were the ones Kouma wiped out. However, their physical prowess are only pushing the human body to the limit, so these might not be limited to the Nanayas except for some really special technics of their own (Kyokushi Nanaya). Their psychic powers, which is what gave them their only asset against half demons, are specific to them, though.

Like I said, it would be extremely interesting (in the process of creating a Tsukihime fan fiction storyline).
Now, when I said branch, I mean a far flung ancient branch (part of my fan fiction story).
 I guess I should have been more specific to save you the trouble of posting what I already know (well, many people don't know all of that so it's useful to them).

Ecchi, it calls to me...
#90  November 09, 2007, 04:24:01 pm
  • do it or i will kick you
whats this from?
#91  November 09, 2007, 04:32:12 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Higurashi.

no Naku Koro ni.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#92  November 09, 2007, 04:41:31 pm
#93  November 12, 2007, 07:27:30 pm
    • www.angelfire.com/jazz/Anime
fnished current animes any comedy/drama animes that are complete?

hmm,

Lovely Complex, Seto No Hanayome. those are the 2 that come to mind, there are more, but i cant remember names.

as for straight up drama, I recommend School days.

"I can Fight Again, My Fight"
#94  November 13, 2007, 03:43:28 am
whats this my stawberry eggs shit ive heard so mutch about? ???
#95  November 13, 2007, 03:49:46 am
    • www.angelfire.com/jazz/Anime
I My Me! Strawberry Egg

Hibiki Amawa wants to be a gym teacher. Just graduated, no money and no experience. A teacher was wanted at Seito Sannomiya school, but the president of that school despised all men and would accept female teachers only. Still, Hibiki badly need a job. So he disguised himself as a woman, took the examination, and was accepted as a female gym teacher. He soon became quite popular with the students due to his teaching methods...but there was no end to his problems....

One of which was a student named Fuko Kuzuha.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its a pretty cool anime, I enjoyed it.

"I can Fight Again, My Fight"
#96  November 13, 2007, 11:51:40 pm
  • Don't care if it's a sword or an egg, put it down!
    • www.youtube.com/profile?user=CandoraAuthes
I My Me! Strawberry Eggs!: Enough to make you scream out "Pedaphile", but funny enough to make you fall out of your chair.

Well...you CAN fall out of your chair out of disgust...
The Answer to the Ultimate Question:

For rare M.U.G.E.N. characters, click here.
#97  November 14, 2007, 05:04:02 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
i have been watching more live action japanese series than anime lately, currently on chapter 9 of liar game. sheesh.. iw atch to little of naime/drama overall that i feel like i am just reposting the same stuff, hecne why i added chapter numbers.
#98  November 16, 2007, 12:32:03 am
I My Me! Strawberry Egg

Hibiki Amawa wants to be a gym teacher. Just graduated, no money and no experience. A teacher was wanted at Seito Sannomiya school, but the president of that school despised all men and would accept female teachers only. Still, Hibiki badly need a job. So he disguised himself as a woman, took the examination, and was accepted as a female gym teacher. He soon became quite popular with the students due to his teaching methods...but there was no end to his problems....

One of which was a student named Fuko Kuzuha.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its a pretty cool anime, I enjoyed it.
w......t......f.........dear jesus wtf
#99  November 16, 2007, 12:50:33 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
is not that bad, they only have anal.
#100  December 12, 2007, 12:35:55 am
And now for some Type-Moon pictures.

Ecchi, it calls to me...