YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2837363 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out)
#3981  September 04, 2021, 01:06:46 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Can't watch Shang-Chi cause the theatres are all closed in my country so I'll have to settle for spoiler review.

It's interesting that the big bad guy is a .....................

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#3982  September 06, 2021, 05:09:13 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
... what?

#3983  September 06, 2021, 05:34:09 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
What I mean is Disney/Marvel putting another superstitious evil entity as a replacement. I don't get CCP censorship. This film is blocked in China for other reasons anyway.
sailormoongalaxy said:
Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 05:43:04 am by rgveda99
#3984  September 06, 2021, 06:28:24 am
    • USA
What I mean is Disney/Marvel putting another superstitious evil entity as a replacement.
There is no sign of it at all in the movie of that happening.

This all sounds like another bizarre fan theory that's based on completely nothing but has nevertheless gained a ton of traction because everyone is obsessed with Mephisto for some reason.

#3985  September 16, 2021, 11:54:03 pm
    • Mexico
Can't believe that someone at Marvel forced us to sit through their Killmonger fanfiction with that new What If episode
#3986  September 17, 2021, 12:09:41 am
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
But... that's basically every other what if
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#3987  September 17, 2021, 12:36:14 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
That reminds me I still need to catch the Tony Stark/Kilmonger episode.  After I watch Black Panther at some point.

So far the series has been a mixed bag personally.  Liked the Doctor Strange episode and T'Challa as Starlord episode, parts of the Carter one too, but the rest have been forgettable.  Really thought the zombie episode was gonna lean more into the comic version with them retaining some semblance of self instead of just one of a million zombie flicks where the zombies are established as nothing further beyond an obstacle.  Oh well.

Oh also I went through all of WandaVision.  I see why its a bit polarizing now.  The whole real world aspect of the show is quite drab and boring and the final two/three episodes derailing the already out-there t.v. sitcom aspect to left turn into the Salam Witch Trials (Or the witches of Salam doing their own personal trial.  Yes, directors, very cute, very clever) and throw in a villain to actually fight didn't sit very well with me.  Did not care in the slightest for Agatha.  But, the aspects of delving into why Wanda isn't really that much of a hero and really quite selfish but sympathetic were interesting enough to carry the show.

Also hi White Vision.  Bye White Vision.  Literally was there for all of 5 or so minutes just to get logic bombed and piss off.  Weird they didn't give him more to do.  The Ship of Theseus parallels were neat though.
Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 12:43:46 am by Long John Killer
#3988  September 17, 2021, 01:13:48 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
White Vision exists only so Vision can have persistance in the real world and/or set up an Ultron revival.
#3989  September 17, 2021, 01:25:00 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Eh.  I get it, that's fine enough.  Still was weird in just the singular show's context.
#3990  September 17, 2021, 09:05:24 pm
    • Mexico
But... that's basically every other what if

This episode was a straight up fanfic though. Killmonger perfectly and effortlessly plays everyone, fodderizes everyone, isn't given any moral objection. If you watched this episode before watching BP you would think that Killmonger is this perfect sue villain. Somebody in the writing staff likes this dude a little too much.
#3991  September 17, 2021, 09:48:06 pm
The end result that's needed for the Multiverse Avengers / Guardians of the Multiverse is that Killmonger becomes the Black Panther. They just needed to make that happen, and his more interesting part will be with the others, like how there's going to be both a regular Dr Strange and the bad Dr Strange according to the latest trailer.
I don't really care if this episode seemed to be going too well for him. If you did see the BP movie, you know he already made a full plan that went pitch perfect with no opposition right until T'Challa came back from the dead.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#3992  September 18, 2021, 12:17:48 am
    • USA
... what exactly does Killmonger do in this episode that is so objectionable? It's nothing new; it's the exact same shit he did in the movie, he just went about it in a different way.

Oh also I went through all of WandaVision.  I see why its a bit polarizing now.
To be honest, a lot of the "it's polarizing" takes are weirdos upset that the ending didn't turn out according to their bizarre and totally unsubstantiated fan theories. It's not a perfect show by any means but I think it's by far the best single TV series the whole MCU project has turned out, it just needed another pass on the finale.
#3993  September 18, 2021, 12:25:41 am
    • Mexico
... what exactly does Killmonger do in this episode that is so objectionable? It's nothing new; it's the exact same shit he did in the movie, he just went about it in a different way.

Shit is still flawed, but the BP movie made sure of letting us all know that. Here in What If though, it's just kind of "I do this, I think I'm right. Deal with it." Anyone who hasn't seen Black Panther yet will watch this and get the wrong idea. Killmonger is a good character, but this half-assed asshole what if gave us is a considerable downgrade.
#3994  September 18, 2021, 12:58:07 am
weirdos upset that the ending didn't turn out according to their bizarre and totally unsubstantiated fan theories.
Which ones do you mean ? The Mephisto stuff is a big joke that I don't think anyone is actually upset about, and the Dr Strange cameo turned out to be a real thing that was planned but that they left off because of both actor's schedules and deciding relatively late that it would take the focus off Wanda and they didn't really want that (plus the Spider-Man trailer has since revealed that Dr Strange doesn't actually seem to give a shit about his duty these days). And the Quicksilver thing was just way obvious and they did play it up with Evan, only to fuck both the X-Men theory and the legit-Pietro theory in one shot, that was seriously uncool. But once again, there were plans to give "Ralph" a role in a final episode that got canned for time constraints. The serious theories weren't that far off.

As for the Killmonger thing, I thought the whole Patriot act thing and the army deciding to just bomb everything without knowing a single thing was way too on the nose and uncomfortable, and Tony's death was too easy. Of course he never became Iron Man there but still, Tony actually planned this ambush thing on him and it got turned around like it was nothing. He's still supposed to be smart, but no, Killmonger literally just stabbed the robot and then stabbed Tony and that was it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 01:07:31 am by Byakko
#3995  September 18, 2021, 02:13:49 am
    • USA
Shit is still flawed, but the BP movie made sure of letting us all know that. Here in What If though, it's just kind of "I do this, I think I'm right. Deal with it." Anyone who hasn't seen Black Panther yet will watch this and get the wrong idea. Killmonger is a good character, but this half-assed asshole what if gave us is a considerable downgrade.
I mean, assuming this hypothetical person exists who hasn't seen Black Panther but is watching an episode of an MCU show that's predicated on showing alternate takes on the movie in question: he's very clearly the villain in this. You just don't know his whole deal because they already explained all that in the actual movie. It'd be wasted time to go over it again.

I haven't found any of the What If episodes captial G great so far, but at the very least I can say the nice thing about all of them so far is that they're nice and short, and don't need to beat around the bush, they get straight to the point and let the audience fill in the blanks. Now if only they would start killing off Spider-Man more, which is what all true What If series love doing.

Which ones do you mean ?
I was thinking specifically the Mephisto and Magneto ones. I've seen a ton of people posting on social media about how "bullshit" it is that Marvel was obviously teasing Mephisto and then suddenly they refused to follow through specifically to spite the audience (???)

Likewise there is the same kind of sentiment with Magneto, where people were absolutely convinced that the Evan Peters Quicksilver was obviously meant to be the Fox one, and that a few out of context interview quotes from Paul Bettany was proof positive that Ian McKellan was about to show up in the last episode. They worked themselves into a froth and then felt cheated that the thing they made up wasn't in fact reality.

As for the Killmonger thing, I thought the whole Patriot act thing and the army deciding to just bomb everything without knowing a single thing was way too on the nose and uncomfortable, and Tony's death was too easy. Of course he never became Iron Man there but still, Tony actually planned this ambush thing on him and it got turned around like it was nothing. He's still supposed to be smart, but no, Killmonger literally just stabbed the robot and then stabbed Tony and that was it.
It was a little odd at how fragile those robots were, to the point where even T'Challa's mom could cut through dozens of them like nothing. Like sure, having a vibranium weapon is basically cheating, but still, those things were not even close to the Iron Man suit.

Which, I suppose, was the point: without his inciting tragedy, Tony Stark never got motivated to really stretch his brain at all, and thus the robots he helped make were pretty much cannon-fodder for the far more technologically advanced Wakandans.
#3996  October 02, 2021, 07:07:35 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
About that Venom 2 post credit scene....

sailormoongalaxy said:
#3997  October 08, 2021, 12:44:53 am
Man, Chris Hemsworth sounds like he had an absolute blast playing Party Thor. Strange Supreme and Captain Carter were great.
#3998  November 09, 2021, 10:29:06 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#3999  November 09, 2021, 12:08:34 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
#4000  November 09, 2021, 04:29:40 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
nah,tobey maquire was off camera's for a long time to properly deepfake his face to that extent in lightining of screenshot etc,it could actually be true footage.thats what was said about Andrew Garfield blue screen,vfx artists on youtube came in clutch and pointed its realness.