YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4718170 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Dead Apostle Noel Released + EXA update for 10 chars (07/17/22)
#1021  July 21, 2022, 03:55:11 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

I seem to have found a bug as some of the characters are gaining meter during their Exceed Accels as it's supposed to stay on the exact amount the moment they use it (I know they gain some when NOY is active, but it is still happening even when it's not):

General:
-It's possible that all characters can gain a small amount of meter when their Excced Accels are finished (Not sure if it is caused by the Ultra Burst itself).

Ruby:
-Rose Rush gains meter from each projectile hit.

Robo Weiss:
-Aufstieg Des Verkaufsautomaten gains meter from each projectile hit.

Adachi:
Scared? gains meter on each hit from Magatsu Izanagi.

Hyde:
-Dark Lotus Anthesis gains meter on each hit.

Thief:
-Monsoon gains meter on each projectile hit.

Merkava:
-I, Incinerate gains meter on each hit.

Piranha Plant:
-Packun! gains meter when he spits flames during NOY.

Aoko:
-Retroflow gains meter from each projectile hit.

Also, I realized all of the Dengeki Bunko characters are also supposed to have Neutral Jump Steering just like MBTL as they had that in the source game. Since you only made 3 and already updated one of them, hope you consider adding that in. Their readmes will also need to be updated to let others know about that character specific mechanic.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Dead Apostle Noel Released + EXA update for 10 chars (07/17/22)
#1022  July 21, 2022, 06:27:37 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen

All links have been added to the site.

All fixed.

1. What is one character you made that you weren't proud of in terms of coding, spriting, and mechanics?

None of them really. Though I do often wonder differently how some of the earlier characters like Yang and Ruby would have turned out had I started working on them today.

2. Who is/was the tin man in your (repeating) profile pic?

That's Bazuso, the Thirty Man Slayer. Also known as the Bear Slaughterer.

3. What other non-fighting game characters are you looking forward to make one day? (similar to your Shantae)

Hopefully, I'll be able to gain access to the models and animation files for NeiR:Automata one day, because I would very much like to make Simone into a boss character.

4. And Just for funsies, What kind of Anime/TV shows do you watch, and what are your most favorites?

Some of my favorite shows are "Curb Your Enthusiasm", "Mr. Robot", "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia", and "The Eric Andre Show". Favorite Anime is "Madoka Magica" and "Berserk" (more specifically, the one from 1997).
#1023  July 21, 2022, 06:41:52 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
One question: Now what will you do to Gay Bowser, will you do the same style with other characters that are not only from Smash bros with the same style of shaders? (Such as Kill la Kill If, GranBlue Fantasy VS or DNFDuel)
#1024  July 23, 2022, 01:50:15 am
I am always enjoyed by your characters.Thank you!
The download URL for the Japanese voice patch for Susano'o on the official website seems to be wrong.
#1025  July 23, 2022, 05:48:04 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
#1026  July 25, 2022, 01:59:35 am
Honest question: Have you considered making characters based off of Square Enix games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, or even Riesz (from Trials of Mana) based from her Million Arthur design?
#1027  July 25, 2022, 06:31:18 am
    • USA
One question: Now what will you do to Gay Bowser, will you do the same style with other characters that are not only from Smash bros with the same style of shaders? (Such as Kill la Kill If, GranBlue Fantasy VS or DNFDuel)

Possibly.

Honest question: Have you considered making characters based off of Square Enix games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, or even Riesz (from Trials of Mana) based from her Million Arthur design?

I'm not ruling any of these out. To be honest though, if Angela were the Trials of Mana guest character in MAAB instead of Riesz, I would've worked on her already.
#1028  July 25, 2022, 01:47:39 pm
  • The Blind Furry
  • I’m new to this and I’m blind
    • UK
I main Bowser in Smash and was wondering if the pink-haired alt is represented. It's the best alt in my opinion- XD
#1029  July 26, 2022, 08:53:52 am
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA

I'm not ruling any of these out. To be honest though, if Angela were the Trials of Mana guest character in MAAB instead of Riesz, I would've worked on her already.

I'd be down to play a Sephiroth or Cloud from you. If you were going to make Sephiroth anyways, I assume Winged Form would act like Yang's Semblence state then.

EDIT: Just to not Double post, Neco-Arc and Mash have been revealed for Melty Blood: Type Lumina, so I suppose that if you're interested, I want to see Neco-Arc from you. Resentone appears to have plans for Mash (fitting since you don't know anything about Fate) as well, so there's also that.
Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 04:43:38 am by TurnPile
#1030  August 02, 2022, 04:22:12 pm
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, how have you been? I've always been fascinated with your BBTAG style Samus and Kirby and I just wanted to ask what was the development process for them like? Because I'm aware that Kirby was originally made by somebody else but I think Samus was made by a unknown author before being converted into the BBTAG style? Also how did you come up with up the copy ability mechanic for Kirby, since its a pretty interesting and clever work around due to the obvious difficulty of making a custom, specialize move for every Mugen character known to man. Also I apologize if this question was already posted before since I can't remember if I already asked this question and posted it or I just thought I did but forgot to post it.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#1031  August 03, 2022, 03:28:26 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
I just got done trying your characters and they are great. The only problem I have with your characters is how brutal the A.I. is especially Adachi he doesn't even get me the chance to breathe. I just wish your characters had A.I. difficulty scaling so I could at least have a fighting chance instead of resorting to cheap tactics to take them down.
#1032  August 04, 2022, 06:05:46 am
    • USA
Resentone appears to have plans for Mash (fitting since you don't know anything about Fate) as well, so there's also that.

Don't be so quick to assume. People don't just remain unfamiliar with certain franchises forever you know.

I've always been fascinated with your BBTAG style Samus and Kirby and I just wanted to ask what was the development process for them like? Because I'm aware that Kirby was originally made by somebody else but I think Samus was made by a unknown author before being converted into the BBTAG style?

The Authorname for the original Samus character was literally listed as "unknown". Whether this was a way to remain anonymous or if this actually was the author's handle is... well, unknown.

Both Kirby and Samus were fun to work on, especially with Kirby's copy abilities. I wish I had more interesting things to say about their development process than just that, but I unfortunately don't.

Also how did you come up with up the copy ability mechanic for Kirby, since its a pretty interesting and clever work around due to the obvious difficulty of making a custom, specialize move for every Mugen character known to man.

I think the Copy Ability Mechanic was an absolute must, otherwise it wouldn't exactly be Kirby without it.

The mechanic was actually present in Seku's original version, but most people didn't seem to realize that due to it's built in hud being in Japanese. The mechanic also changed up the vast majority of the move-set for each ability, I opted to only change one button for my version to avoid having him be too match-up dependent.

I just got done trying your characters and they are great. The only problem I have with your characters is how brutal the A.I. is especially Adachi he doesn't even get me the chance to breathe. I just wish your characters had A.I. difficulty scaling so I could at least have a fighting chance instead of resorting to cheap tactics to take them down.

Go into the Character's cmd file and delete everything below the line that says ";AI" to revert them back to MUGEN's default AI.
#1033  August 04, 2022, 06:15:08 am
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Thanks for the tip I didn't know if your characters scaled to MUGEN's default AI.
#1034  August 06, 2022, 02:24:39 am
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
So I did what you said about deleting the AI in the command file but now they only block and move around never attacking even on the highest difficulty. I am probably going to revert them back to the brutal AI you have given them and have to memorize their attack pattern to defeat them. I am using Mugen 1.1b and I don't know if the characters act differently if I use Mugen 1.0 and delete the AI in the command file.
#1035  August 06, 2022, 05:03:25 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Constructive criticism:

I really like your chars, but I can't play against them because I can't adapt, the AI ​​of the characters are very appealing, isn't there a way you can make a separate AI for beginner players with this gameplay?

When I get very long combos, the urge I have is to stop playing to go take a shower, eat, sleep, and then go back to playing to see the opponent still giving me a combo, and honestly this is not stimulating.

I would really like to make a Mugen with only characters of your style, but all chars I meet in this style has these absurd AI's, so I end up giving up on the idea.

But other than that your characters are very good, I hope to continue to see your releases with more interesting characters (And I hopo you consider my request/suggestion too).
#1036  August 07, 2022, 05:27:34 am
    • USA
So I did what you said about deleting the AI in the command file but now they only block and move around never attacking even on the highest difficulty. I am probably going to revert them back to the brutal AI you have given them and have to memorize their attack pattern to defeat them. I am using Mugen 1.1b and I don't know if the characters act differently if I use Mugen 1.0 and delete the AI in the command file.

I forgot to mention that each instance of "Triggerall = !ailevel" needs to be deleted in the cmd along with everything below the "AI" line to allow the default AI to make inputs. Mugen's default AI tends to turtle a lot while Ikemen's default AI just constantly makes random inputs, which actually puts up more of a fight because of it. So if you're looking to get the most milage out of Characters that don't use custom AI, then I suggest using Ikemen.

I really like your chars, but I can't play against them because I can't adapt, the AI ​​of the characters are very appealing, isn't there a way you can make a separate AI for beginner players with this gameplay?

Read Above.
#1037  August 07, 2022, 03:52:41 pm
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, I'm reposting this comment about some 3D into pixel art development stuff I found with the links this time because I forgot to put them in originally.
  The first one is from a  thread called "Turn 3D models into pixel art" that was started by fellow MFG memebr O Ilusionista that talks about a blender that turns 3D models into pixel art
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/turn-3d-models-pixel-art-164991.0.html
  The the other two links are about the development of the game Blade Strangers and the process behind cel-shaded artstyle, the first a blog from the company Nicailis that made the game and the other a interview from the director of the game, Toshinobu Kondo and him answering several questions about the game and its development.
1) Blog about Blade Strangers
http://localhost:4000/blog/Blade-Strangers-The-Art-of-Fighting/
2) Nintendo Report interview with Toshinobu Kondo
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/interview/47068/blade-strangers-interview-with-toshinobu-kondo

And by the why nice work on King Koopa and his fearsome lizard breath and the upcoming update of the tje regular Palm-Top Tiger Taiga. Also is Taiga the next character for next month or is she a additional character with Bowers that will be released at the same time?

"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#1038  August 07, 2022, 04:24:47 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
I forgot to mention that each instance of "Triggerall = !ailevel" needs to be deleted in the cmd along with everything below the "AI" line to allow the default AI to make inputs. Mugen's default AI tends to turtle a lot while Ikemen's default AI just constantly makes random inputs, which actually puts up more of a fight because of it. So if you're looking to get the most milage out of Characters that don't use custom AI, then I suggest using Ikemen.

Alternatively, where it says
Code:
triggerall = AIlevel && numenemy
in the ;AI section in the .cmd file, insert this code --> "triggerall = random <= 30" under it.

like this
Code:
triggerall = AIlevel && numenemy
triggerall = random <= 30
input this for every move that has the ai and numenemy code and then you'll have a easier custom AI.

One minor note is that setting the random triggerall value at a bigger number means stronger AI, (EX: <= 60)
and a smaller number means weaker AI (EX: <= 15)

Hope this helps for everyone.
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#1039  August 07, 2022, 04:40:25 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Thanks Vocalnoid I will use your method.
#1040  August 08, 2022, 06:41:48 am
    • USA
The first one is from a  thread called "Turn 3D models into pixel art" that was started by fellow MFG memebr O Ilusionista that talks about a blender that turns 3D models into pixel art
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/turn-3d-models-pixel-art-164991.0.html

I actually have visited that thread back when we were still figuring out how to get started on Meta Knight. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get that shader to work.

1) Blog about Blade Strangers
http://localhost:4000/blog/Blade-Strangers-The-Art-of-Fighting/

That's a dead link.

And by the why nice work on King Koopa and his fearsome lizard breath and the upcoming update of the tje regular Palm-Top Tiger Taiga. Also is Taiga the next character for next month or is she a additional character with Bowers that will be released at the same time?

Regular Taiga will be released along side Bowser, and Maid Taiga will still be available separately as an EX variant.