YesNoOk

Obama is trying to remove fox news channel (Read 14756 times)

Started by Saohc, October 30, 2009, 10:27:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Obama is trying to remove fox news channel
#101  November 05, 2009, 01:35:36 am
Actually it's very relevant to the discussion, as it's a comparison that supports my point.
You can compare it to whatever you want, it still doesn't change anything of what we're talking about. If they're doing bad crap, then they're doing bad crap, even if someone else is also doing crap it doesn't make their crap less bad. You're just trying to throw the fault onto others so you can wave off the heat and make people look the other way. And I can't see what would make you think there are things I didn't understand too well, this is you refusing to get what I'm saying and claiming I misunderstood something. Those are different matters, period.

No, I'm pretty sure you just don't understand.

So you agree with everything King said then? Even the telephone thing?

I don't know.  Like I said, after a while I skipped around a lot, then stopped reading entirely.  I noticed the trend of only a few cogent points among a sea of nonsense, so I quickly began to lose interest.

It's whatever.  I monitor all the major media outlets all day every day (relevant to my job), so I know what I'm talking about.  No one has to agree with me or believe me.  We'll all just disagree and play Mugen, it's fine.
Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 01:39:31 am by Atomic
#102  November 05, 2009, 01:58:33 am
Don't understand what ? what you say has nothing to do with what I say. You say others like MSNBC and whatever are just as bad, I say this is completely irrelevant regarding how bad Fox is. All you say is that I don't go after the others because I just so happen to agree with them, but you have no basis for that. I don't watch those other channels, and I don't care to begin with. I simply see what Fox does, and I can tell that they're bad. I don't care if you tell me that others are just as bad and if it annoys you that I don't go after them just because I agree with them (I don't). I don't care about your comparison. This doesn't make Fox any less bad. All you're saying is completely unrelated to that, you're doing no more than deflecting the heat.

When you're told that this bad country X is doing evil nuclear tests, you don't just deflect the accusation simply by saying there's another evil country Y that does bad nuclear tests. Who gives a damn about your comparison ? It's not an excuse. The fact is, this country is doing bad things. We'll care about the other in due time.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 02:08:23 am by Byakko
#103  November 05, 2009, 02:10:00 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Byakko, they are North americans, they are used to think that their world is what revolves around others as well.  Its just normal that he wont realize that you would want a media station to be taken down not because you are a "liberal" against it, but because you can tell how bad they are all the way from the other side of the world.

We had a similar situation here, there was a channel that had a really watched journal, where the main journalist ( a huge asshole that kept badgering anyone she interviewed shoving her oppinion everywhere) kept attacking the prime minister. Suddenly the spanish company that owned the network pulled the plug on the shitty journal, and there was a lot of ruckus around it, had he gone and had her shut down for doing a really shitty press job, he would have gotten less heat than he had this way ( it was very obvious he had influences moved to have the whole journal taken off the air ) .
#104  November 05, 2009, 02:21:49 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
they are North americans, they are used to think that their world is what revolves around others as well.
Some of us don't think this way  :'(
#105  November 05, 2009, 03:20:51 am
Don't understand what ? what you say has nothing to do with what I say. You say others like MSNBC and whatever are just as bad, I say this is completely irrelevant regarding how bad Fox is. All you say is that I don't go after the others because I just so happen to agree with them, but you have no basis for that. I don't watch those other channels, and I don't care to begin with. I simply see what Fox does, and I can tell that they're bad. I don't care if you tell me that others are just as bad and if it annoys you that I don't go after them just because I agree with them (I don't). I don't care about your comparison. This doesn't make Fox any less bad. All you're saying is completely unrelated to that, you're doing no more than deflecting the heat.

When you're told that this bad country X is doing evil nuclear tests, you don't just deflect the accusation simply by saying there's another evil country Y that does bad nuclear tests. Who gives a damn about your comparison ? It's not an excuse. The fact is, this country is doing bad things. We'll care about the other in due time.

Dry your eyes.  You missed the point.

Byakko, they are North americans, they are used to think that their world is what revolves around others as well.  Its just normal that he wont realize that you would want a media station to be taken down not because you are a "liberal" against it, but because you can tell how bad they are all the way from the other side of the world.

We had a similar situation here, there was a channel that had a really watched journal, where the main journalist ( a huge asshole that kept badgering anyone she interviewed shoving her oppinion everywhere) kept attacking the prime minister. Suddenly the spanish company that owned the network pulled the plug on the shitty journal, and there was a lot of ruckus around it, had he gone and had her shut down for doing a really shitty press job, he would have gotten less heat than he had this way ( it was very obvious he had influences moved to have the whole journal taken off the air ) .

You're the one commenting on a thread about U.S. media.  Seems to me like you're trying to "shove your opinion" around where it doesn't necessarily belong.

Also, don't generalize an entire country "on the other side of the world".  It makes you sound like a fool, no one else. 

they are North americans, they are used to think that their world is what revolves around others as well.

It's just ignorant hyperbole, JNP.  Don't even take that statement seriously.
#106  November 05, 2009, 03:27:19 am
It'd be hard not to, considering you're not making any. If this is not it, then whatever point you really are making that I am missing is completely unrelated to what I'm saying. No matter what point you're making that I'm missing, it can't change what I'm saying.
KoM said okay they're biased, I said they're a bunch more than just biased, you asked me if I watched this and that other news channel and you somehow implied I leave them alone just because I agree with them (I don't even know what you got that from considering that no, I don't watch them, how come you say I agree with them AND ask me if I even watch them ? How does that even work ?), I asked what the fuck does that have to do with what I said, you haven't replied. I missed the point ? Why, you were making a point ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 03:36:41 am by Byakko
#107  November 05, 2009, 06:18:33 am
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
I told ya, haven't met a single conservative here who isn't a George W clone. Oh, but I guess they're brilliant becauz they has degreeeeesssssssus!!!1 (not that we know in what subjects, or from what colleges, or which books they read... but how does that matter?).

Unfortunately, those of you who don't think that way tend to be a lot less vocal than those who do. Like your previous president. :-\

In America, if there's a number after the decimal, there is no need for zeros after that number.

And as far as I'm concerned, if it ain't being done like it's done in America....then it shouldn't be done at all.

I don't try to understand American measurements, I just enforce them.

I still say you should rename your country to USAA: United States of Anglo America.
Gimme my continent's name back!

*goes wildly offtopic and starts babbling about conspiracy theories and the faek moonlanding*
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#108  November 05, 2009, 06:50:42 am
It'd be hard not to, considering you're not making any. If this is not it, then whatever point you really are making that I am missing is completely unrelated to what I'm saying. No matter what point you're making that I'm missing, it can't change what I'm saying.
KoM said okay they're biased, I said they're a bunch more than just biased, you asked me if I watched this and that other news channel and you somehow implied I leave them alone just because I agree with them (I don't even know what you got that from considering that no, I don't watch them, how come you say I agree with them AND ask me if I even watch them ? How does that even work ?), I asked what the fuck does that have to do with what I said, you haven't replied. I missed the point ? Why, you were making a point ?

Well, if you think Fox is biased and the others aren't (assuming you've watched the other outlets, which if you haven't then you won't be able to make the comparison in the first place as you wouldn't have a balanced, educated opinion on U.S. media), then your judgment is in question, which means your opinion on Fox News would be invalid.  Since we're going half-speed now, you should understand how this is applicable to the thread.  Excellent, we're making progress.

I told ya, haven't met a single conservative here who isn't a George W clone. Oh, but I guess they're brilliant becauz they has degreeeeesssssssus!!!1 (not that we know in what subjects, or from what colleges, or which books they read... but how does that matter?).

Yes, I have degrees.

BS International Security- University of Oklahoma
BA International and Area Studies- University of Oklahoma
BA Mandarin Chinese- Yunnan Normal University, Kunming, China
AAS Intelligence Operations- Cochise College, AZ
More to come...

The University of Oklahoma, while not an Ivy League school, is a Tier 1 university (top 25% in the nation), so you can be reasonably sure my educational opportunities were up to par.

Books I've read?  More than I'm able to list.  Odds are if it's part of a generally recognized academic program then I've probably read it, or I at least have a passing familiarity with it.  Feel better?

I'm not trying to hold my education over your head, but you're the one who implied that I'm uneducated because I'm a conservative.  But enough about me.  Now it's your turn.  What's your pedigree, professor?

I still say you should rename your country to USAA: United States of Anglo America.
Gimme my continent's name back!

Soooo, what, you hate white people?
Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 07:18:35 am by Atomic
#109  November 05, 2009, 07:16:55 am
If you think I hate white people, I think you'ld need to study something along the lines of my degree, which would (roughly comparing the degrees of two very different education systems) include sociology, anthropology and mainly psychology. Had you read a bit more, you'ld know that not all people in Latin America aren't white. Actually, the population of my country (as does the population of most South American countries) has a higher white-to-AfroAmerican rate than that of the USAA. :P

I also studied english for a whole lot of years (you could say I have a minor in that... I guess) and taught it to 12 year olds @ a local school for a while.

I won't deny that the level of my college (top college in my country) probably is worse than that of a first-world top college.

My title is not that of a bachelor, though, but a master's degree (take into account that degrees here are 5-7 years long masters), and I'm on my way to start my PsyD next year (hopefully, I'll get a job @ the main scientific research institution of my country).
I actually had a shot at a NY scholarship after being the first undergraduate student ever winning an American Psychological Association student award (given only to grad students, first time anyone in my country earns such an award), but:
a) I wasn't sure about how much $$$ they would've given me, and I'm not willing to sell my family's house to pay grad school. :P
b) I didn't want to leave my family, friends and long-term girlfriend.
c) I was scared. :(

Books I've read? In spanish or english? I'll do like you and say 'more than I can account for', since it's so comfy. :)

Meh, measuring penises like this always ends up being boring. You end up coming with excuses to discard what I write, I do the same, blah blah blah, we end up being negative about each and not developing any kind of positive feedback nor respect.

Let's give it a twist.

I'm gonna be blunt and say that I actually think you are quite smart in some of your comments, but that I kinda resent your tone and that you sometimes sound a bit arrogant, specially since you are good but not *that* brilliant (nor am I, of course, for that matter). I also think you could read more on philosophy and sociology and back up your claims a bit more, defining your positions on authors and whole schools of thought and not just tossed ideas. I think, too, that if you did that AND took some extra care to NOT be offensive, you could be a nice guy to listen to and learn from. I don't mind questioning my own ideas, I've sometimes found myself agreeing with stuff I thought I never would after listening to the proper arguments, properly presented.
Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 07:20:58 am by Lasombra Demon

OZ

#110  November 05, 2009, 07:19:01 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
Let's not turn this into a cock fight.  :P
ಠ_ಠ
#111  November 05, 2009, 07:26:23 am
  • Has a backlog of games to 100%
    • USA
More than likely lets not let this turn into a flame war.
#112  November 05, 2009, 07:27:06 am
  • I got a PM.
LOL, Hey Atomic, I know exactly where you were stationed by just reading the timeline of degrees to locations, plus knowing the first major listed.

I even know which strip clubs you hung out in LOL.

Oh and just so I'm kinda on topic, fuck the Chinese language and fuck fox news.
#113  November 05, 2009, 07:44:56 am
fuck the Chinese language
Hey, c'mon, it was one of things of his résumé I liked the most. Being able to read the classics of the 'Greeks of Asia' in their original language must rock!

I agree on the Fox part, though. :ninja:

Let's not turn this into a cock fight.  :P

TOO L8! I also won a city chess tournament when I was 12 and got a first place in my state's 'programming olympics' when I was 17, and play the guitar and do aikido and teach statistics @ my college and publish papers and stuffs. So I winz! :sugoi:

Meh, measuring penises like this always ends up being boring. You end up coming with excuses to discard what I write, I do the same, blah blah blah, we end up being negative about each and not developing any kind of positive feedback nor respect.

Let's give it a twist.
Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 07:48:52 am by Lasombra Demon
#114  November 05, 2009, 07:53:04 am

Lasombra, you're the one who was lamenting the United States of Anglo America.  Just saying.  We can talk educational disciplines and their merits tomorrow, I'm going to bed soon.

LOL, Hey Atomic, I know exactly where you were stationed by just reading the timeline of degrees to locations, plus knowing the first major listed.

I even know which strip clubs you hung out in LOL.

Oh and just so I'm kinda on topic, fuck the Chinese language and fuck fox news.

Ah, but you'd be incorrect. ;D  I've been going to college on and off since '99, and those degrees aren't in chronological order.  Also, all of them were obtained while I was a civilian.  Besides, there are no U.S. military installations in China.  And OU is in a straight up legit civilian college town, no bases.  But I see what you were thinking.

Just for clarification, my duty station for my entire military career was Ft. Bragg, NC (not counting deployments, of course).  What was yours?  I forgot. --;  You were active, right?

On topic: Fox > CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC 8)
Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 08:08:08 am by Atomic
#115  November 05, 2009, 08:08:36 am
We can talk educational disciplines and their merits tomorrow, I'm going to bed soon.
But that's not what I wanted t... never mind. :-\

*goes sit in the corner with a dull stare and shuts up for the rest of the topic after having been uselessly sincere*
#116  November 05, 2009, 08:21:08 am
  • I got a PM.
FT. Lewis. Good Times. I still haven't recovered from the hangover. Also not counting deployments.

On the topic;

I was watching MSNBC earlier today. They are turning into fox. They got this new fag, Ed something. Fucking horrible, I mean he isn't making shit up like fox, but he isn't let people rebuttal his opinions and he shuts the opposition down.

I think that because fox gets better ratings they are trying to become more like them. This would be a mistake because a liberal will just change the station.

Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 08:54:22 am by Shamrock, the Hard Mod
#117  November 05, 2009, 08:37:19 am
Epic flamewarriors fighting for justice, be aware that an intense flamewar can burn a thread to the ground.

And let's all remember: Fox News has no redeeming qualities except that they sometimes report on news. We can ignore this though, because so do many other places.
#118  November 05, 2009, 08:43:20 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Isn't fox the only right leaning news show? Like, properly right leaning. Not centre right or anything like that. So you have a country of XX million people (i'm making up numbers) and it's split relatively 50/50 for people on the right or left. you've got 50% watching fox, cos it suits their views. Then you have 50% split over 4-5 other channels because those one's suit their views. Course fox will have the highest ratings. Don't emulate it to achieve them.

You might manage to LOWER their ratings, but i doubt you'd really improve your own because you'd lose people from the left who DID watch you.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#119  November 05, 2009, 09:11:49 am
  • I got a PM.
When I said like them, I didn't mean with a right lean. I mean a far left lean which is just as equally crazy. This is a new trend I've seen with MSNBC and this ed guy is the one.

As soon as the host starts talking about what "we" (as in him and I guess followers) are going to do to such-and-such to whats-his-face, "unless", whats-his-face does such-and-such, then we have entered the land of batshit crazy narcissism. So far it is only one or two guys on MSNBC, but that is two hours of batshit crazy and that is two hours two many of batshit crazy.

News men are not supposed to be leaders of political movements. Now I see this mostly with fox and proven with the organizing of the tea baggers, but I'm noticing that the other news stations are saying, hey, if they can organize a political group, so can we. Fox is the lowest common denominator achieved by the geniuses of their marketing department, and their success will cause emulation.

Now just for the fun of sounding like the hosts on fox;

Then when the other stations emulate them, we will have escalation, one side will get crazier than the other side, soon these stations will form armies and they will battle each other on the white house lawn, then Dick Cheney will not torture Al Gore enough/in time to know the location of that she devil bitch Hillary who will launch a nuke at the white house and at these two armies, killing everyone, including the that Communist/Socialist/Fascist/Muslim/Black Christian church attendending/foreign born/illegitimate son of John F Kennedy/Chicago mod boss/Antichrist/black president of hers. Then Hillary will take over and she will give birth to Obama's son and he really will be the Antichrist and the world will end. 

But we are fair and balanced.
#120  November 05, 2009, 11:27:03 am
Isn't fox the only right leaning news show? Like, properly right leaning. Not centre right or anything like that. So you have a country of XX million people (i'm making up numbers) and it's split relatively 50/50 for people on the right or left. you've got 50% watching fox, cos it suits their views. Then you have 50% split over 4-5 other channels because those one's suit their views. Course fox will have the highest ratings. Don't emulate it to achieve them.

You might manage to LOWER their ratings, but i doubt you'd really improve your own because you'd lose people from the left who DID watch you.

Yeah, pretty much. Also, don't forget about the internet. People get there news from there, like Iced.