YesNoOk

OBSCURE FIGHTIN´GAME chars you´d want to see in Mugen and you have one as a WIP? (Read 75251 times)

Started by Blue Monkey, March 01, 2012, 01:13:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: OBSCURE FIGHTIN´GAME chars you´d want to see in Mugen and you have one as a WIP?
#181  July 31, 2012, 01:43:31 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
And did you know that they were originally planning on making a sequel to Bloodstorm? Here's what I found in Wikipedia;

At the time of its release, the game had made a few small hints that there might have been a sequel to BloodStorm planned for the future. One such hint is if the player managed to defeat all of Nekron’s agents before fighting Nekron himself, beat the game, and let the credits finish rolling, it will give the player a secret code with a message saying if he/she were to call one of the producers of the game and tell them this code, the player "may appear in BloodStorm II". However, these plans were most likely scrapped once Strata were forced to close down.
Re: OBSCURE FIGHTIN´GAME chars you´d want to see in Mugen and you have one as a WIP?
#182  July 31, 2012, 02:32:27 pm
    • Poland
    • boggytheworm@gmail.com
And did you know that they were originally planning on making a sequel to Bloodstorm? Here's what I found in Wikipedia;

At the time of its release, the game had made a few small hints that there might have been a sequel to BloodStorm planned for the future. One such hint is if the player managed to defeat all of Nekron’s agents before fighting Nekron himself, beat the game, and let the credits finish rolling, it will give the player a secret code with a message saying if he/she were to call one of the producers of the game and tell them this code, the player "may appear in BloodStorm II". However, these plans were most likely scrapped once Strata were forced to close down.
I guess, shit happened...or I'm wrong.

That's right. I am StavrosSkunk. I forgot the password to my old channel, since I didn't remember the e-mail I used to use, while I was using my old account.
#183  July 31, 2012, 04:18:55 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico

Sounds like they were a bit too ambitious.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#184  July 31, 2012, 04:39:47 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
interestingly apparently survival arts was going to be ported to the genesis too but that was quietly cancelled

dunno if they actually have a prototype of it floating around at all or not...
#185  September 25, 2020, 07:17:07 pm
    • USA
Manx from Shadow Fighter deserves better (I don’t count Joey Faust’s “version” of her or anyone else he’s “made” for his “fullgame”), as does Shelia from Fightin’ Spirit, Pamerla from Mutant DNA, Kai-Ti from Body Blows Galactic... The thing about obscure conversions is that... well... there’s tons of them nowadays, but there’s a huge quality gulf between the days of NGI and what we get now. Some of them are passable, others... are worse than the originals. If you’re not going to try and upgrade the characters and their gameplay, at least try to preserve the original as much as possible, instead of using mishmashed generic effects and relying on your screen pack. With the advent of CVS-style conversions of older games, I want to see some Eternal Champions and WeaponLord stuff in that style (Maybe also games like Power Moves, Brutal, Battle Tycoon, and BloodStorm). Especially Riptide. I also noticed a lot of newer minor and/or 2.5D games, like Battle High 2, Verdict Guilty, Axel City, Chaos Code, etc, haven't gotten much of any attention. Even if Jurane has a decent version by Mass, a six-button version of her would be pretty neat. Even Guiranos, the protagonist of both Blandia and Gladiator, only has Joey Faust’s “version” done.

As so far as 3D games, there’s not even much Toshiniden, Bloody Roar, or Rumble Roses content, most of the War Gods stuff is mediocre at best, and games like Mace just have the Joey Faust treatment. Even SNK’s 3D games only have a few things other than what’s officially been done by SNK themselves in their 2D games. Tsugumi Sendoh would be pretty cool to see.
Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 08:05:02 pm by Miru962
#186  September 25, 2020, 07:37:45 pm
  • The Forsaken Warrior
  • Let us grieve existence, together.
    • Mexico
All the characters from Chaos Code, I know cthylla is the only one that exist in the engine but it would be nice to see the other guys like Cerberus, Vein, Rui, Bravo and Lupinos.
#187  September 28, 2020, 11:33:10 pm
  • What is life without tacos?
    • USA
    • catanesetyler@gmail.com
I would love to see more characters from Pray For Death. So far we only have Death by The Magic Toaster, but I would love to see some more characters from that game.