YesNoOk

(TIMES SQUARE W.I.P.) HEROES GENESIS - Save the cheerleader... (Read 218083 times)

Started by Fob1aZ, July 15, 2014, 12:36:56 pm
Share this topic:
Re: HEROES MUGEN PROJECT
#21  December 10, 2015, 12:45:52 am
  • "Some People Are Born To Be Extraordinary"
    • Italy
    • fab.marchetti86@gmail.com
for something like this i think you should get the boring stuff out of the way first the the get hit required sprites.

You're right, usually i start to draw / restyle gethit sprites after basical movements (walk, jump) 'cause they're similar each other.
Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 09:29:29 pm by F0b1aZ
#22  December 10, 2015, 02:44:00 am
  • Young Coder
    • USA
mugen or nothin

HEROES MUGEN PROJECT
#23  January 31, 2016, 09:09:22 pm
    • Italy
Hi all! I'm sorry for my long missing from the site, I'm actually really busy with MugenPixart Team's Saint Seiya Legend Mugen Project and a new, real-life job! ^^

By the way, I'm still on Peter's basical movements, the only thing I have to do is the walking backwards animation and a pair of frames for the intros (I've drawn 3 intros, 3 winposes and the time over lose), once I'll finish these ones I'll start coding the character.

Another thing: during Xmas Holidays I've drawn and coded the screenpack. :) It's for Mugen 1.1 and includes scores and fonts from original TV series. Some pics:

I hope to code soon Peter to make a good video of my WIP! :)

Have faith, I'm still alive! ;)
Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 10:23:10 pm by F0b1aZ
#24  February 01, 2016, 10:51:41 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
Hi Sir! I am so amazed to see your work on Heroes project and I really love it! I always imagined a few Heroes characters in KOF style after a few months I learned about Mugen, but that was 8 years ago. Great to see you work on the project! ;D I'm sure I will keep on eye on this project much.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
Re: HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (NBC Tv Series)
#25  February 18, 2016, 02:45:48 pm
    • Italy
Hi Sir! I am so amazed to see your work on Heroes project and I really love it! I always imagined a few Heroes characters in KOF style after a few months I learned about Mugen, but that was 8 years ago. Great to see you work on the project! ;D I'm sure I will keep on eye on this project much.

Thanks Enso! ^^
Re: (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT
#26  March 13, 2016, 05:38:20 pm
    • Italy
Project updates:

I've drawn and coded all basic movements for Peter, plus the guard (in the future I'll assign a button to do it), intro poses, victory poses (one of them triggers with perfect win) and time over lose (where he's near to explode). I've also included in-game messages in MvsC style (I'm not really sure to put all of them, I think I'll left just the "first hit" and "danger" ones). Hope to post a video soon.
Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 09:28:54 pm by F0b1aZ
Re: (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (-> PETER 1ST VIDEO!)
#27  March 14, 2016, 07:33:20 am
I love how you got started with adding some animations for Peter and completed the screen pack. Hope to see more.
Titiln said:

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
Re: (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (-> PETER 1ST VIDEO!)
#28  March 21, 2016, 06:53:49 pm
    • Italy
I love how you got started with adding some animations for Peter and completed the screen pack. Hope to see more.

Thanks Enso! ^^ I hope to show you more in the next days, if job allows me to do it! :)
Re: (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT [-> PETER 1ST VIDEO!]
#29  June 30, 2016, 12:10:00 pm
    • Italy
Hi all guys! :D

I'm back to report you I've finished to draw and code Peter's frames when hitted (the 5XXX group, for experts). Probably I'll add some new frames in the future for custom states like strangled (by telekinesis or super-strenghten hand), frozen or burned, however by now I'll proceed with punches and kicks.

I've also started to draw some frames for Claude Rains, the invisible man, who'll be the trainer in the game (I'm curious to find out how to code it) as long as his stage, the Deveaux Rooftop (I've used frames from various SNK stages and previous works of mine, the only thing I have to do is re-draw the statue and add some staffs and pigeons on the wall).

To celebrate the update, here below you can see a comic-like screenshot of the game, with balloons and quotes from the show! :)

TRIVIA: Can you remember the name of the episode? :D
Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 01:00:00 am by F0b1aZ
Re: (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT [-> PETER 1ST VIDEO!]
#30  June 30, 2016, 12:16:17 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
I really hope the sprites are unfinished, because there is much pillow shading going on here...
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#31  July 01, 2016, 01:56:11 am
    • Italy
I really hope the sprites are unfinished, because there is much pillow shading going on here...

They're finished imho, as I said I'm not an expert drawer. If someday someone would like to improve them he'll be welcome.
Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 08:21:54 am by FobiaZz
#32  July 05, 2016, 08:25:40 am
Claude's pants looks pillow-shaded. The lighting for KOF has to hit light from diagonally above if you want to make a KOF sprite style. Even his shoulders and arms on his coat. Use character references such as Iori, Mr. Big, Robert, whoever for the clothing reference to shade. I'm not an expert on KOF style though but I understand the way KOF sprite style works. You just gotta imitate the shading of clothes, skin, and even proportions of chars. Good luck.

Godsend?
Titiln said:

#33  July 05, 2016, 03:25:33 pm
    • Italy
Claude's pants looks pillow-shaded. The lighting for KOF has to hit light from diagonally above if you want to make a KOF sprite style. Even his shoulders and arms on his coat. Use character references such as Iori, Mr. Big, Robert, whoever for the clothing reference to shade. I'm not an expert on KOF style though but I understand the way KOF sprite style works. You just gotta imitate the shading of clothes, skin, and even proportions of chars. Good luck.

Godsend?

Ok I'll check for the lights. No, it was not Godsend! :P
#34  July 06, 2016, 01:25:42 pm
    • Italy
Probably I could do it better, but I'm not an expert drawer, so I'm not good at emulate other styles.
Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 01:28:36 am by F0b1aZ
#35  July 09, 2016, 12:19:05 pm
OK. I didn't know you can't emulate that style, but I'm rooting for you on this project. Keep up the good work, man. I think if you can't emulate, you can frankensprite.

http://irwt.iammanyninjas.com/sprite-kof.html

Trying my best to help you on it.
Titiln said:

#36  July 09, 2016, 05:50:26 pm
Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 05:54:12 pm by Sin-
#37  July 11, 2016, 12:12:38 pm
    • Italy
Thank you guys! I'll fix these things for both characters!
#38  November 02, 2016, 03:29:26 pm
    • Italy
Hi guys! I recently found the time to reprise the project, and I finally fixed the pillow shading on Peter's coat (thanks againt to Enso and AlexSin for notice).
Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 01:00:59 am by F0b1aZ
#39  November 02, 2016, 09:32:28 pm
Now there's another thing that doesn't look good in the new sprites (in the coat) and it's called staircase banding. In the link I gave you above search for that term (or for "fat pixels"), it should show you a picture.
The problem with the sprites is that you're trying to make the outlines too evident, but you're doing the wrong way, so try to break the lines a bit.
@MotorRoach: (sorry for notifying you) had an image showing how to do that.
#40  November 02, 2016, 09:45:23 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Or Google search it and get these two images as results:

This is a generic forum signature.