YesNoOk

K' (King of Fighters '99, CvTW Version) (UPDATED 8/5/14) (Read 91510 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 27, 2012, 06:45:25 am
Share this topic:
Re: K' (King of Fighters '99, CvTW Version) (UPDATED 8/5/14)
#41  August 05, 2014, 05:41:40 pm
Glad to see K' in CvTW again. Back in progress or still hiatus?
#42  August 05, 2014, 10:38:37 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Hell yeah,  will this be a separate download or are you updateing the
Full game?
Glad to see K' in CvTW again. Back in progress or still hiatus?

I think I may just release this updated version of K' in the Edits & Addons section since he won't be a full release. Like, it will be a patch that just replaces the old K'. I don't plan on going back to CvTW full time for quite a while, I just had a random itch to work on K' for some reason.

Awesome!! Thank you for this update.
About the Neo Max, how about downgrading Chain Drive to lvl 1, and using the Hyper Chain Drive as lvl 3?

I thought about that since that's how his supers are set up in KoFXIII, with Heaven Drive being the EX version of Crow's Bite, but I'm not sure. I like Heaven Drive's utility in this game and it would need nerfed to be an EX move.

Very nice update. The new sprites mesh a lot better with the overall theme of the game/look.

Yeah I think so too, I think that's why I wanted to update him so badly. I had planned on eventually editing Dampir's old sprites to mesh better, but then he released these and it was a lot easier to change them out, although like I said, he is missing a crucial (IMO) command normal, which I'll have to sprite myself.

Download Last Bout now!
#43  August 05, 2014, 10:49:34 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
I like Heaven Drive's utility in this game and it would need nerfed to be an EX move.
It'd probably just need to be nerfed in the damage department, which isn't really that big a deal considering its bigger use (at least judging from what I'm seeing here) is in its ability to blow through attacks.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#44  August 06, 2014, 02:18:52 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Isn't Heat Drive the one that's designed to blow through attacks? Or is that a main utility of Heaven Drive as well?

Download Last Bout now!
#45  August 06, 2014, 02:21:46 am
  • tired
No, Heat Drive's almost entirely a combo tool (because of its bad invuln). Heaven Drive iirc is more for blowing through attacks.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#46  August 06, 2014, 09:59:09 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I guess I'm just confused, when I think of something that blows through attacks, I think of Heat Drive because it moves so quickly across the screen with one big hit, and when I think of combos, I think of Heaven Drive because it's a Shoryu Reppa-type move with more hits.

Download Last Bout now!
#47  August 06, 2014, 10:03:55 pm
If a full screen attack like Heat Drive could blow through attack (i.e. have good invulnerability) it would kind of be super OP, though. Think Dictator's Final Psycho Crusher / Psycho Break Smasher, that's something that blows through anything, and it's legendary among OP supers. I don't remember much of K' in KoF, but I reckon you can easily trade hits with him against that move, no ?
On the other hand, Heat Drive being practically full screen and very fast and with a large hitbox (AND delayable to time your juggle properly), means it can juggle after nearly anything. It doesn't make the hitcount jump up, but it can chain after anything, it's a sure hit after almost anything, so that's a free super, that's why it's a combo tool.

Meanwhile, a Shouryuu Reppa-type attack will only combo if you're close, it might miss half of its hitcount if the target is too high when you activate it, and as a Shouryuuken-like uppercut, it has the trademark invulnerability that allows it to beat anything (on startup).

last edit = spacing for readability
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:13:02 pm by DKDC
#48  August 06, 2014, 10:09:26 pm
  • tired
^ Yeah, pretty much what he said.
#49  August 07, 2014, 04:04:12 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
He also lost Sniper Side and his Rising Knee (he doesn't have these in KoFXIII), and his throw was changed to Spot Pile. Sniper Side was replaced by a command normal with pretty much the same function using his Blowback sprites. If I have time in the future, I may sprite the Rising Knee in this style because I feel like he really needs it.
You should talk to Chazzanova, his K' has those sprites edited to go well with the resized XIII sprites; I dunno if they were included with dampir's set.
#50  August 07, 2014, 05:22:57 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Just sent him a PM. I hope he lets me use them. I had started spriting the Knee Assault already but it would really help me out.

Download Last Bout now!
#51  January 20, 2015, 07:16:22 am
    • USA
    • maisonetmatthew@gmail.com
Where's The Download?, Chi.
#52  January 20, 2015, 08:39:21 am
  • There is a demente in everyone!
    • www.dementi.it
you have to go on first page and find the hidden dowload link, then send a request in the request tread for the password, then you can download the char.

But then you need the decripter and only the Black Dragon team has it.