YesNoOk

Genjuro Help (Read 1083 times)

Started by Nate, January 09, 2020, 01:50:55 am
Share this topic:
Genjuro Help
#1  January 09, 2020, 01:50:55 am
    • USA
I'm not sure if this is the right category for this kind of stuff, and if its not, i'm sorry.
Right now, im helping with a project started by 2Dee4ever called SxC. I decided to help him and work on Genjuro Kibigami from Samurai Shodown. I am using Karma Charmeleon's P.O.T.S (dont you fucking dare start a discussion about how it shouldnt be called pots styled this is not the thing i want) Genjuro as a base. I was wondering if anyone would like to help code in some moves (mainly supers) for him, since 1, I don't know how to code myself, and 2, Karma's is really lacking in terms of moves. I already have the sprites and anims done mostly, as like I said, its mainly coding the moves I need help with.

These are the moves i'd like coded in. 1st video shows 2 moves. 1st move is Gashin Totsu. 2nd move is Gokou Zan. https://streamable.com/0j37y
2nd move is Zan Miyokuha Kimen Wari https://streamable.com/eogv0

If anyone can help me, I will upload the genjuro for you. Thank you for reading
Re: Genjuro Help
#2  January 09, 2020, 11:45:34 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Lemme get this straight, you agreed to help him code a genjuro without knowing how to code?
#3  January 09, 2020, 01:41:06 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Well, yeah, he just did that.

So, you can grab a different genjyuro (from ActJapan for example) and see how the moves were coded, that way you'll be able to know where to start, you'll help him and you'l learn in the process, that's how most of us learned to do a thing or two around here.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#4  January 09, 2020, 11:19:57 pm
    • USA
Lemme get this straight, you agreed to help him code a genjuro without knowing how to code?

I said I would help him WITH Genjuro, not help code him. I told him I could do the sprites and anims for genjuro. Sorry if it sounded like that to you.
#5  January 09, 2020, 11:22:06 pm
    • USA
Well, yeah, he just did that.

So, you can grab a different genjyuro (from ActJapan for example) and see how the moves were coded, that way you'll be able to know where to start, you'll help him and you'l learn in the process, that's how most of us learned to do a thing or two around here.

it might be a bit hard because Karma's uses the explod buffering system, and actjapans doesnt
#6  January 10, 2020, 02:05:27 am
  • Niigasan
I would just use a different genjuro then, there is one he edited in pots style halfway you should ask him to dig it up
#7  January 10, 2020, 05:42:15 am
    • USA
I would just use a different genjuro then, there is one he edited in pots style halfway you should ask him to dig it up

he did go through a hard drive crash that made him lose most of his stuff, so that is probably not gonna happen (talking about 2Dee right?)