YesNoOk

LINK - THE ULTIMATE HERO OF TIME! V.4 (Read 49626 times)

Started by Generalsteps, July 16, 2021, 02:55:03 pm
Share this topic:
LINK - THE ULTIMATE HERO OF TIME! V.4
#1  July 16, 2021, 02:55:03 pm
    • USA
The long awaited version 4 of Link - The Ultimate Hero of Time is now here. Back in action and ready to throw down, This is the most ambitious project I've ever worked on. New Moves and abilities, New Hypers, New Normals, Better AI, Better Combos, more Special FX, more Sound effects, I left almost no stone left unturned. I pushed this character all the way to the 128 command limit, to the point where he is quite literally unable to learn new techniques, without having to lose some. That said, I have some plans for a Version 5, and some neat ideas that don't necessarily include new commands. But for now, consider this the complete and finalized Link - The Ultimate Hero of Time!

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/file/y115n3mh7a45fe5/Link_HeroOfTime4.rar/file

I OWE MANY SPECIAL THANKS TO A SELECT NUMBER OF PEOPLE, CREDIT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE HELPED ME TO CREATE MANY OF THE ATTACKS, ABILITIES, AND TO THOSE CREATORS OF SOME OF THE WONDERFUL ART I USED IN CREATING SOME HYPER BG'S. I will round up this list of people, and place it here below soon:
CREDITS:

YOUTUBE VIDEO TO SEE DEMONSTRATION:

THIS CHARACTER FEATURES:
- NEW ARMOR EQUIPMENT: ROCS CAPE!
DOUBLE JUMP IS NOW AVAILABLE, AND YOU CAN GLIDE AND HOVER WITH THE ROCS CAPE + ROCS FEATHERS, ALSO FEATURING 2 NEW SPECIAL MOVES

- 15 DIFFERENT HYPER COMBOS!
NEW HYPER COMBOS INCLUDE:

1: SPIRITUAL STONE OF THE FOREST: KOKIRI'S EMERALD - GREAT DEKU TREE - SPIRIT SUMMON
2: SPIRITUAL STONE OF FIRE: GORON'S RUBY - GORON PATRIARCH DARUNIA - SPIRIT SUMMON
3: SPIRITUAL STONE OF WATER: ZORA'S SAPPHIRE - ZORA GUARDIAN LORD JABU JABU - SPIRIT SUMMON
4: QUAKE MEDALLION - EARTHQUAKE STOMP
5: GOLDEN GAUNTLETS - GOLDEN SLUGS
6: IRON PEGASUS BOOTS - SILVER BULLETS

-OVER 30+ DIFFERENT SPECIAL MOVES!
NEW SPECIAL MOVES INCLUDE!:
1: WIND WAKERS GRAPPLING HOOK - GRAPPLE SWING
2: GILDED SWORD + MAGNET GLOVE - GILDED SWORD THROW
3: BOMBCHU DROP
4: FIRE ROD
5: GREAT FAIRY SWORD - RAPID STABS REGENERATION
6: BIGGORON'S SWORD - BIGGORON'S LIFT
7: ROCS CAPE + SILVER GAUNTLETS - SILVERROC'S SHOCK
8: (ROC'S CAPE) MINISH CAP - EZLO PECKS
9: SPIN ATTACK SPECIAL (NON HYPER VERSION OF THE SPIN ATTACK)

-4 DIFFERENT UNIQUE WEAPONS FOR NORMALS
1: MASTER SWORD
2: DEKU STICK - FEATURES LIGHT - MEDIUM - HEAVY
3: CANE OF BYRNA - FEATURES LIGHT - MEDIUM - HEAVY
4: MEGATON HAMMER - FEATURES LIGHT - MEDIUM - HEAVY - HEAVY 2 - HEAVY 3

-ACCESS TO THE LARGEST COLLECTION OF ICONIC AND LEGENDARY ITEMS AND WEAPONS OF THE LEGEND OF ZELDA FRANCHISE ON ANY L.O.Z MUGEN CHARACTER

-INCREDIBLE AI

-MULTIPLE PLAY STYLES
PLAY AGGRESSIVE, PLAY FAST, PLAY SMART, PLAY SLOW, PLAY RANGED, OR PLAY UPCLOSE AND IN THEIR FACE.

-MULTIPLE FIGHTING STYLES
MAGIC, SWORDPLAY, HAND TO HAND, PICK YOUR FAVORITES!

SEE IT ALL FOR YOURSELF BY DOWNLOADING IT HERE!
Thank you to everyone for sticking with me through this project, and all the supportive comments, feedback, and criticisms. Much love and support to the Mugen Fighters Guild, and all of us here who call it home!
Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 03:44:22 pm by Generalsteps
Re: LINK - THE ULTIMATE HERO OF TIME! V.4The long awaited version 4 of Link - The Ul
#2  July 16, 2021, 02:56:04 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
All of that text and not a single screen shot or embedded video?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
Re: LINK - THE ULTIMATE HERO OF TIME! V.4
#3  July 16, 2021, 03:42:47 pm
    • USA
sorry. trying to figure out how to embed the video. give me a minute. Edit: Okay I figured it out thanks.
#4  July 16, 2021, 04:04:58 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Oh, interesting.

But why 95% of your text is in CAPS ?
It gives the feeling you really need to scream.
#5  July 16, 2021, 05:29:44 pm
    • USA
because this is the fourth version and for now finished of a long worked on project that i poured blood sweat and tears into, and i am ECSTATIC to announce its release. Dont mind my excitement. I set out to create a Link for Mugen that rivaled Dante of Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 in terms of sheer move amount/attempted to recreate that smokin sick stylish gameplay both Dante and his brother are known for. As a huge fan of both franchises, a lover of fighting games (especially UMVC3) I believe I accomplished that.

Using the greatest Link ever as a base, The Hero of Time, & a lot of insipiration from His appearance in Soul Calibur 2 I was able to make this dream a reality. I hope everyone can see what i was going for, and appreciate what I have come up with.

This Link has travelled through time using his ocarina to obtain the many weapons and items of past present and future links, as well as some new powers and abilities, and is ready to defend his world in Mugen Combat.
#6  July 17, 2021, 04:32:42 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
#7  July 17, 2021, 08:48:34 pm
    • USA
Thank you please do and let me know your criticisms/comments I appreciate it all and it helps motivate me to continue doing stuff in Mugen.
#8  July 18, 2021, 12:53:05 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Thank you please do and let me know your criticisms/comments I appreciate it all and it helps motivate me to continue doing stuff in Mugen.

One problem i noticed is that his palettes are stuck on the default, even when selecting an alternate.
at least for the blue & purple one, it only barely shows the blue & purple one when cycling through his idle stance.
#9  July 18, 2021, 01:22:49 am
    • USA
Yeah I probably should have mentioned it here. This is a one palette character. Only the default Kokiri Tunic works on this character. I have not yet fixed his alternate palettes, as they came originally from LinkNJ, and were not properly colored to begin with. For every move I made they only work with Sprite Palette (which is the default green). I plan to fix and add these palettes in future Version.
#10  August 02, 2021, 07:55:42 pm
    • USA
GUYS PLEASE IT HAS COME TO MY ATENTION THAT SOME OF THE CHARACTERS SPRITES DO NOT APPEAR PROPERLY FOR SOME PEOPLE IN GAME AFTER DOWNLOADING. THIS MAY NOT HAPPEN TO EVERYONE BUT TO WHOEVER IT DOES HAPPEN TO, NOTE THAT IT IS THE RESULT OF STRANGE FIGHTER FACTORY BUGS/GLITCHES. IT IS IMPERATIVE TO WATCH THE ABOVE VIDEO TO SEE THE PROPER DEMONSTRAION OF THE CHARACTER AND TO SEE HOW ALL OF THE SPRITES AND ANIMATIONS ARE SCALED AND ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOK. I FEAR THAT FOR ANYONE WHO MAY HAVE SEEN THESE ISSUES MAY HAVE TAINTED THEIR VIEW OF MY LINK CHARACTER, AND I AM OF COURSE DISSAPOINTED TO HAVE FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS, WHEN THE CHARACTER APPEARS PROPER ON MY END, I HATE FOR USERS TO NOT HAVE THE SAME EXPERIENCE. SO PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SEE THE VIDEO DEMONSTRATION, AND YOU CAN SCALE THE SPRITES ACCORDINGLY IN FF TO MATCH THEIR PROPER APPEARANCE, SAVE THE CHARACTER, AND YOU WILL ONLY HAVE TO DO THIS ONE TIME, DONT PLAY IF HE LOOKS BAD, QUICKLY FIX IT, MAKE HIM LOOK BADASS INSTEAD, AND GO HAVE MORE FUN. THANKS FOR LISTENING.
#11  August 02, 2021, 08:00:45 pm
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org
GUYS PLEASE IT HAS COME TO MY ATENTION THAT SOME OF THE CHARACTERS SPRITES DO NOT APPEAR PROPERLY FOR SOME PEOPLE IN GAME AFTER DOWNLOADING. THIS MAY NOT HAPPEN TO EVERYONE BUT TO WHOEVER IT DOES HAPPEN TO, NOTE THAT IT IS THE RESULT OF STRANGE FIGHTER FACTORY BUGS/GLITCHES. IT IS IMPERATIVE TO WATCH THE ABOVE VIDEO TO SEE THE PROPER DEMONSTRAION OF THE CHARACTER AND TO SEE HOW ALL OF THE SPRITES AND ANIMATIONS ARE SCALED AND ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOK. I FEAR THAT FOR ANYONE WHO MAY HAVE SEEN THESE ISSUES MAY HAVE TAINTED THEIR VIEW OF MY LINK CHARACTER, AND I AM OF COURSE DISSAPOINTED TO HAVE FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS, WHEN THE CHARACTER APPEARS PROPER ON MY END, I HATE FOR USERS TO NOT HAVE THE SAME EXPERIENCE. SO PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SEE THE VIDEO DEMONSTRATION, AND YOU CAN SCALE THE SPRITES ACCORDINGLY IN FF TO MATCH THEIR PROPER APPEARANCE, SAVE THE CHARACTER, AND YOU WILL ONLY HAVE TO DO THIS ONE TIME, DONT PLAY IF HE LOOKS BAD, QUICKLY FIX IT, MAKE HIM LOOK BADASS INSTEAD, AND GO HAVE MORE FUN. THANKS FOR LISTENING.

...if you know this is a problem, then why not release a fix for it yourself? I don't think it's a good look to say "fix it yourself" upon finding an issue.
#12  August 03, 2021, 12:54:11 am
    • USA
I would but like I said it is a Fighter Factory issue that can't be rectified on my end. As I've uploaded the character perfectly. The problem occurs when another player uses my character on their Mugen, those sprites do not scale accordingly. This is a strange and unknown Bug with fighter factory. As I've constructes the character, all of his sprites and animations are scaled correctly in his file, and in my Fighter Factory studio. It doesn't matter how many times I save the character, pack up his file, and hand it off to someone else. For some unknown reason, specific sprites scaled settings from My fighter Factory do not carry over.

One known unscaled sprite I have seen is Nayrus Love Crystal, which was originally taken from a much smaller character, (Zelda by Mythos) and used in my Links Nayrus Love. I scaled up the Crystal and saved it as such, but for unknown reasons, this hasn't transferred for some users, and I have seen Links Nayrus Love Crystal be very small, just like it was on Zelda Mythos character. This of course should not be happening, but there's no clear reason other than strange FF bugs.

So like I've said, I did not design and release the character with incorrectly scaled sprites and animations, the result of it is something entirely different which I can not understand. You can clearly see the characters sprites and all of his animations appearing properly in the above YouTube video. That is the very same Link I released, it's the link people are supposed to get when downloading it.