YesNoOk

Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.3 (UPDATED June, 16) (Read 938413 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, April 04, 2018, 02:43:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory Studio + BIG FIX 2
#61  April 06, 2018, 04:25:44 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Sound navigation seems even slower, as you have to wait for the waveform to load before the correct sound plays, which can take a second or two. Playing a sound before the waveform has loaded plays the previously loaded sound before getting cut off by the currently loaded sound.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#62  April 06, 2018, 04:32:22 pm
Thank you, great release!!
#63  April 06, 2018, 11:11:42 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Wow, the new tools and improvements look really awesome.

But I got a serious problem while testing a project of mine: sometimes when opening a stage, I eventually closed FFS and opened it up again, and then noticed my original stage files were deleted. For sure this happened a couple of times, as I had been recovering the stage using a backup folder. Not sure if the crashes regarding the sprite editor are also related to that;
Edit: maybe it's related to a engine directory bug? I just noticed there are new copies of the stage .sff file in the folders listed for the "Run the project in engine..." function. Still, the original files were completely gone;

Nonetheless, thank you guys for the updates. This looks promising! :2thumbsup:
Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 12:16:57 am by NDSilva
#64  April 07, 2018, 05:20:52 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Just tested the new fixes. I think the crashing is delayed, but I still occasionally get them from time to time. Now it crashes when closing 4 character tabs while in sprites, states, command, or sound and then trying to view the animations of the 5th character. If it doesn't that time, then onwards. I should also mention if you are already on animations instead when closing character tabs and then switch to states, the program will crash that way too. I have so many crash logs on my computer and I don't understand why the program keeps doing this. Right now in my opinion, the program is great for testing finished characters but not so much for making/editing them in it.
Fixed all possible cases that can lead to all crashes you're having after closing tabs and switching to another editor. Thanks!
EDIT: I successfully reproduced everything you said, and fixed all issues.

thanks for the new release!!

i've a question. if i add/modify a sprite and then save SFF, it says it find 50 errors and i've to fix them before save.

in the old FF3 this message's never appeared (in fact i'm still using ff3 right now).

since i have more than 2700 sprites to check, is there a way to know at least which sprites has "errors", so i can try to fix them?

thanks in advance. ;) ;)

This was made to avoid user mistakes, as two sprites with same group/index are useless as they can't be referenced, and corrupted ones can crash Mugen. To see the error click at the red icon on status bar. In the window that opens, double click the error/warning, FF will go to the affected sprite and you can fix the problem.

Sound navigation seems even slower, as you have to wait for the waveform to load before the correct sound plays, which can take a second or two. Playing a sound before the waveform has loaded plays the previously loaded sound before getting cut off by the currently loaded sound.
Hell yeah. I optimized the wave code, so it will be a lot faster in the next version.

Wow, the new tools and improvements look really awesome.

But I got a serious problem while testing a project of mine: sometimes when opening a stage, I eventually closed FFS and opened it up again, and then noticed my original stage files were deleted. For sure this happened a couple of times, as I had been recovering the stage using a backup folder. Not sure if the crashes regarding the sprite editor are also related to that;
Edit: maybe it's related to a engine directory bug? I just noticed there are new copies of the stage .sff file in the folders listed for the "Run the project in engine..." function. Still, the original files were completely gone;

Nonetheless, thank you guys for the updates. This looks promising! :2thumbsup:
I'm checking this right now.
EDIT: You're opening the stage from the Mugen's stage folder, right? Fixed this case.

Thanks!
Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 05:38:41 am by VirtuallTek
#65  April 07, 2018, 05:49:40 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
I am so thankful for this... but i cannot recommend not even for just one second to use sendspace.
#66  April 07, 2018, 04:05:33 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Im sorry but Im not very happy with this new change.... specially for Creator that make mugen stages and screen packs
I mean why did you guys removed the Position Guide Arrow ?
Im talking about this here
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#67  April 07, 2018, 04:36:49 pm
    • Brazil
    • iaramongtg@gmail.com
    • www.facebook.com/groups/MugenDownloadLinksAndShareRamonGarcia
Hi VirtuallTek congratulations for the new program, i'm doing tests to convert chars to HI-RES and i see that is missing some important things to convert chars to HI-RES if you add this in the Fighter Factory Studio will let the entire process much more fast see:

1-The option of change the Canvas size of many groups of sprites at the same time ( like you do with the command 'Resize' ) and the option of choose only the groups of sprites that i want change the ''Canvas'' and in the command ''Resize'' too.

2-When possible please add the filter 'XBR 4x' and 'XBRz 4x' in command ''Resize'', this 2 filters is free and is the best that i found until now in the program called 'ImageResizer-r133.exe' for mugen chars.
link of program 'ImageResizer-r133.exe' to you use this two filters in Fighter Factory Studio: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m9ve32gxxsx27rs/

3-And in the 'Image editor' is missing the options of:
'File/open from/Current group'
NEED TO ADD THIS OPTION WILL BE VERY USEFUL 'File/open from/All groups'
NEED TO ADD THIS OPTION WILL BE VERY USEFUL ''File/open from/Select groups'
'File/Save'
'File/Save as/Layers as sprites'
'File/Image/Properties'
NEED TO ADD THIS OPTION WILL BE VERY USEFUL 'File/Image/Properties/All groups'
NEED TO ADD THIS OPTION WILL BE VERY USEFUL 'File/Image/Properties/Select groups'
And when possible leave the other options of the 'Image editor' just as before in Fighter factory 3.

4-And this is not really necessary but if was easy and possible add the command of program 'Doubls_Clsn_Size' link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qkjbt5ndg1f62bx/
Because when we convert char to HI-RES we need convert the file '.air' of char 2x times in this program, and if this option be avaible in the program will be cool, but do this only if was easy because this part is not really necessary and is easy to do, if this option was not in the fighter factory studio ok.

And offcurse who could support / encourage he in: https://www.patreon.com/virtualltek because he deserve the best for bring and share to us this amazing engine.

AND VirtuallTek IF YOU MAKE THIS GENTILE FOR ME AND THE FANS OF MUGEN, AND THE COMMANDS AND OPTIONS WORK, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE WITH YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER OF BRAZIL TO I DEPOSIT / TRANSFER A VALUE AND GIVE YOU SUPPORT / ENCOURAGE FOR YOUR GENTILE.
:bison: IF YOU WANT SOME SPECIFIC CHAR IN HI-RES=FILTERED SPRITES SEND ME A MESSAGE IN MY E-MAIL WITH THE LINK OF CHAR THAT I CONVERT TO HI-RES (Observation is a very cheap price :yes: and the result is very good]. Here is my e-mail: iaramongtg@gmail.com :bison:

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ramongtg
And If you want Suport me / Encourage me, donate here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=89HXL726XVEFG&source=url :bison:
Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 09:08:25 pm by Ramon Garcia
#68  April 07, 2018, 05:08:47 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
    • marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com
Im sorry but Im not very happy with this new change.... specially for Creator that make mugen stages and screen packs

You can see that if you put the Classic interface... but in this new interface it´s true.. it´s hide somewhere
Marvel vs Capcom Extreme (find the MvC2 characters project right here too!):
marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com

Follow the project on:
www.instagram.com/marvelvscapcomextreme/
www.youtube.com/c/MarvelvsCapcomExtreme
www.player.me/marvelvscapcomextreme/

I recieved messages of users that want to donate from paypal or patreon, if you consider that this is a nice and very dedicated project, you can donate any amount that you want right here:
www.paypal.me/marianoemeschini
#69  April 07, 2018, 05:40:10 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/

You can see that if you put the Classic interface... but in this new interface it´s true.. it´s hide somewhere
I just rather stick with Fighter Factory 3.0.1 and the FF classic. also took me very very very long time to find it but I found it

also the program keep crashing when you try to mess with the menus and also this happen when you close the program. its keep crashing...
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 06:09:21 pm by OldGamer
#70  April 07, 2018, 07:55:01 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
DPI scaling on Linux seems to have no effect. I tried 0.5 all the way up to 10 and I saw no differences.

Sound preview cuts off for some sounds in Linux (sound 2,1 in cvsfelicia I sent you is a good example) and it's slower than last time. If you need me to record a video, let me know.
Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 08:11:27 pm by Jesuszilla
#71  April 07, 2018, 08:43:32 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
also the program keep crashing when you try to mess with the menus and also this happen when you close the program. its keep crashing...

I need to know exactly what you do in the "menus" to make it crash.

DPI scaling on Linux seems to have no effect. I tried 0.5 all the way up to 10 and I saw no differences.

Sound preview cuts off for some sounds in Linux (sound 2,1 in cvsfelicia I sent you is a good example) and it's slower than last time. If you need me to record a video, let me know.
Do you restarted FF after changing DPI scaling? It only takes effect on fresh launch.  It changes the environment variable we talked in private just like export does, so should work. For me it works, but I will double check this.

I optimized the wave viewer (in future versions will be an editor), it's a lot faster on 3.5.1. About sound cut, I will check. It cuts off in all sounds on macOS, for sure is a Qt bug, so likely I will need to replace Qt sound output by some other one that works.

Thanks!
#72  April 07, 2018, 08:58:08 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Yes, I restarted after each time I changed the DPI scale.
#73  April 07, 2018, 09:06:53 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
#74  April 07, 2018, 09:41:10 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Yep.
#75  April 07, 2018, 11:08:20 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
@OldGamer:
Options -> Interface -> Preset: Classic

Fighter Factory 3 uses the Classic interface by default, Studio does not. All you have to do is change it.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#76  April 07, 2018, 11:31:07 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
If you want a mixture of interfaces, you can modify the .lua files in the presets folder, I think. Take a look at them to figure out which buttons need to be added (until the documentation updates to include that information).
Re: Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.1 (UPDATED April, 07)
#77  April 07, 2018, 11:51:48 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Version 3.5.1 is online. I will continue releasing patches if necessary until the next major or minor build.

Thank you very much!
#78  April 08, 2018, 12:13:03 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Can confirm the sound player is better at least on Linux! There's still the odd DPI issue, though. Syntax highlighter no longer picks up "Heavy" as an issue for AnimType, however it still shows in the error list.

BindToTarget says it expects 3 parameters, but got 2; however it does have a default for the 3rd parameter which is Foot IIRC.

For SuperPause, it says it expects 2 parameters for sound, however this is completely valid:
Code:
sound = -1

For a StateDef, it says this is invalid:
Code:
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; DEAD SAND
[Statedef 1106]
type = ScreenBound
movetype = AssertSpecial
physics = Null
ctrl = 0
anim = 1

[State 1106, DestroySelf]
type = DestroySelf
trigger1 = !Time

Yet once again, thanks to MUGEN's busted parser, it is valid (I do this just to mess with people lol).

It also says "Unknown parameter potarget" when I do this:
Code:
[State 147, BindToTarget]
type = BindToTarget
triggerall = NumTarget
triggerall = Time <= 1
trigger1 = Target, StateNo = 148
pos = 0,(target, Const(Size.head.pos.y)-7)
Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 12:20:34 am by Jesuszilla
#79  April 08, 2018, 12:24:34 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.

When attempting to run FF, I get this Windows message, which I am able to dismiss and that lets FF open. However it then crashes when the file browser appears after selecting "Open."
#80  April 08, 2018, 12:29:28 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
I might know what that is, and it's not a pretty solution for VirtuallTek: you need to sign your code.

I say it's not pretty because the only way to do that is to buy what's called a code-signing certificate. The cheapest I know of is from DigiCert. The reason I know this is because we had to get around that Smartscreen crap for Windows 8 at work and that was how we managed to solve that for our customer, because Smartscreen and Norton go apeshit if your code isn't signed.

If you want, I can donate the cost to you because it's important to have as a Windows dev these days. Yes, it's total bullshit, I agree, but... we have to do it.

EDIT: Could try this, too https://www.globalsign.com/en/code-signing-certificate/code-signing-tool/
Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 12:33:18 am by Jesuszilla