YesNoOk

ArtMoney is obsolete. CheatEngine is the future. (now with MvC2, CvS2 hitboxes!) (Read 878582 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, July 31, 2015, 10:43:01 pm
Share this topic:
Re: ArtMoney is obsolete. CheatEngine is the future.
#21  August 09, 2015, 03:35:59 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Okay what the heck am I doing wrong?

I'm no wiz at this stuff by a long shot, but I followed your directions here: (after selecting winkawaks as the process)

Select "yes" when it asks to run the Lua script and click "Start Diagnostics" to begin reading data. There is no need to synchronize the table.

And this is what I get:

What do I do? I'm certain it's a simple thing, since I am a moron.
#22  August 09, 2015, 03:44:12 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
maybe you're using a different version of kawaks? or the rom is different or something
#23  August 09, 2015, 03:47:24 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
See I told you I'm a moron.

I had kawaks ver. 1.61

Downloaded 1.62 and now it works.
#24  August 09, 2015, 06:22:16 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Yeah I probably should've mentioned I was using 1.62. I assumed it would work on all versions of Kawaks but I guess I was wrong. :(
#25  August 10, 2015, 12:11:47 am
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/
I like the memory function and the search fields are more comprehensive than artmoney's (though a fucked searches filled my SSD with 10 gigs of temp files). Resyncing the data is actually a lot quicker than in artmoney too.

I'm still getting nothing in terms of finding position and velocity data in Hyper NeoGeo 64 games, so it hasn't one-upped artmoney yet. I might be able to access it through memory now though.

Also, since you've ran some scripts to automate data collection, how much lua do I need to know to write them? I can see this coming in handy for delving into SS64.
#26  August 10, 2015, 12:40:39 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
I knew very little Lua when I started writing this script. The most Lua I knew came from making FF scripts and my knowledge of Python (the two languages are quite similar).

Also script was updated again. It now works on SFA3. It should automatically detect which game is loaded, so no need to re-run the script in between loading VSav and SFA3.

I've also begun making it as generic as possible so that plugging in other games for future scripts will be easier.
Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:44:50 am by Jesuszilla
#27  August 10, 2015, 04:35:42 pm
  • Born From the 93's
    • Puerto Rico
    • http://mrpr1993.deviantart.com/
Sniff... beautiful...
CURRENT PROJECTS:
-Characters: Vera Trappz (OC)
-Stages: Springfield Town Square (Update)

IDEAS I HAVE:
-Characters: Mona-Lisa (OC), Danny Phantom, Betty Boop, Kim Possible, Aladdin, Oggy, NEW! Cartoon Guy
-Stages: Toon World (Cartoon Guy), End Of The World
#28  August 10, 2015, 07:33:19 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Next I will add a calculator for total distance so that it's easier to cross-check results. I'll also add a ΔX Pos and ΔY Pos for checking results because you shouldn't totally rely on the velocity values it gives you. The perfect example of this is Felicia's Rolling Buckler. At the end of the light version, it will say her Vel X is 9 when in actuality, it's 8.

I'll try adding another window for getting projectile data, but that might be a little more difficult since there can be more than one on-screen at once.

After that, I'll move onto MvC2 due to popular demand. I think I recall Jedpossum getting hitboxes from that and showing them at SRK a while back so stay tuned on whether or not that's possible (follow me on Twitter @Jesuszilla_TM for more progress updates as I usually post new developments there). Velocities should be doable but I recall having some trouble with those when using ArtMoney.
#29  August 10, 2015, 07:45:19 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
yeah if I recall he even ported sentinel's hitboxes onto sentinel from Children of the atom.
#30  August 10, 2015, 09:57:59 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
So I've been talking with Jedpossum and he used CheatEngine too when he was searching for the hitboxes for MvC2 and CvS2.

Get ready for Marvel!
#31  August 11, 2015, 01:44:54 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Y'all don't even know, but I have big plans for Marvel once JZ's done. This whole data thing is a giant oyster....

This should def help increase the already increasing community standards, this is very exciting!

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#32  August 11, 2015, 03:56:23 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Marvel may take a while. I can't even find Vel X and Vel Y.
#33  August 11, 2015, 04:22:36 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I think I remember Cyanide saying that there's something weird with how Marvel calculates vels. Like how every tick changes or something.

@Cyanide: COME FORTH AND HELP
#34  August 11, 2015, 04:27:03 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
I found them! Unlike other Capcom games, which store a separate part for the int part and a 2-byte integer for the float part, MvC2.... uses actual floats!

They're scaled to 480p, though. So they're scaled by 2, then scaled by the CPS2 scale of 5/6 (or .833333...). So Jin's forward velocity in MvC2 is shown as 4.166666... His velocity in MvC1 is 2.5. So his velocity in MvC2 is 2.5*2.0*(5/6) = 4.166666...

I will try to account for this in the tool as best as I can (floats are by no means precise). I'll see if I can find some values before applying the CPS2 scale. If not, it'll basically be an approximation that should get correct results most of the time. Bloody scaling!
Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:31:59 am by Jesuszilla
#35  August 11, 2015, 04:38:58 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
BAD-FUCKING-ASS.

Now I can make the characters 100% accurate. (as their vels were mostly guesses).
#36  August 11, 2015, 10:51:37 pm
Just here to give some thumbs ups :)
Re: ArtEngine is obsolete. CheatMoney is the future.
#37  August 12, 2015, 12:04:16 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Now I can make the characters 100% accurate. (as their vels were mostly guesses).

lol, no.

Now you finaly will eb able to gather accurate data, just to find out that mugen starts doing stupid shit with it, it's been like that for years with kof.
#38  August 12, 2015, 12:31:45 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#39  August 12, 2015, 12:43:01 am
100% accuracy in mugen. It's nice to dream.

Can't wait to start fiddling with this. If only I had time to actually try it out.
#40  August 12, 2015, 01:03:19 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1