SPVTW was definitely good, and hearing you and UF putting this in IMEMEN GO with a fighting twist was a MUST check out for me.
As far as the first beta goes, I immediately got a good amount of of feedback (and a couple nitpicks :V) after playing at least an hour. I probably must have missed something during testing, but here's what I have so far on my first playthrough.
- Most (if not all) music tracks don't have looping
- Victory screen doesn't have music
- Some voice clips for characters have mixed volumes either being too quiet or too loud (Wallace being the quietest and Todd being the loudest, his supers especially lvl 3 are good examples.)
- Credits screen after arcade mode scrolls way too fast to read (also uses the same song as the title screen, unless there weren't any alternatives u could find.)
- Most character moves are using the common.snd (As a bonus nitpick, its better to implement hitsounds to the common.snd file rather than inserting them into characters, I know other full games tend to use this trick for consistent sfx matching and filesize decreasing, Nijikaku is a good example considering it also uses common.snd for swing/swoosh sounds as well.)
- the super finish BG shows up when performing a special/super attack in training mode once the opponents life is down and once the first opponent is defeated in dramatic/simul and tag mode and doesn't disappear afterwords
Nitpick - I wish some/more characters (and maybe stages, yes its possible with stages too ) were unlockables. It would spruce up the fun a bit more
- his nega pallete (and maybe others?) Is showing a bit of orange in his hair when certain moves are performed.
- there are some instances were if the opponent is too high when performing his lvl 2 super, only the 1st hit connects, but during the 2nd the opponent can either escape with a guard, or another attack if fast enough (this happened on my first arcade playthrough while fighting against negative Scott.)
- The normal and Fire shields look a bit weird despite being scaled to her height and width
- even when in lvl 3 super scene, the pig bank shows up during the attack
That's all the feedback I got for now. Despite all the bugs it has so far, I still love it!
I also liked the fadein and fadeout star animations, I don't really see a lot of other full games using something like this instead of regular fadeins and fadeouts and it makes me wonder why it was never used. I'll be back with more feedback after some more testing.
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca