YesNoOk

[Vinnie Thread]: Minazuki Sho and Shadow Yosuke Released (04/13/2024) (Read 1472116 times)

Started by Vinnie, February 02, 2022, 02:43:36 am
Share this topic:
Re: [Ichida Thread]: Naoto Shirogane Released + 6 Characters EXA Update (08/04/2022)
#141  August 25, 2022, 04:29:49 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Yo Ichida I wanted to know if were open for suggestions. If so
Yo OHMSBY I don't know if you are open for suggestions about characters from series you are not familiar with/never heard of the games they are from since its niche but might I offer Ougon Musou Kyoku CROSS/golden fantasia characters a try? Its basically a Cross tag fighting for PC and I think the characters could fit your blazblue Cross tag gamplay and the character sprites are pretty much hi-res/HD. Here is the source game link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/550340/Umineko_Golden_Fantasia or you could check out the gamplay on YouTube. Here is the link for the characters on Mugen: https://mugenfreeforall.com/topic/10725-ougon-musou-kyoku-ougon-musou-kyoku-cross/
I quoted the same question to OHMSBY but the response was:

Yo OHMSBY I don't know if you are open for suggestions about characters from series you are not familiar with/never heard of the games they are from since its niche but might I offer Ougon Musou Kyoku CROSS/golden fantasia characters a try?

I generally make it a rule to only work on characters from games and/or franchises that I'm actually familiar with.

I've actually tried to play Ougon Musou Kyoku one time, but I couldn't get it to run properly on my PC. Attempting to do so makes the game's frame rate run like 5 times the speed that it's supposed to run.
[/quote]

So I figured if I could try asking you if were interested.
Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 04:35:04 pm by Shadic12
Re: [Ichida Thread]: Naoto Shirogane Released + 6 Characters EXA Update (08/04/2022)
#142  August 29, 2022, 02:50:55 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
that's happen on Ikemen
#143  August 29, 2022, 04:09:33 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA

#144  August 29, 2022, 04:33:44 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 04:53:15 am by Kamui_De_Los_Vientos
#145  August 29, 2022, 05:10:52 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
If your going to update Hakumen again, there's an error where the Astral Heat conditions compare the Opponent's current health to the Player's Max Health rather than the Opponent's Max Health. This was addressed by PotS on OHMSBY's topic, so you might want to do the same to everyone else as well.

Also despite not having aura that OHMSBY uses for Astral Heat indication, your timing may be off and may need to be adjusted too. Not sure what would happen if Astral Heat is available and you're in the middle of 2 opponents in Simul mode as the style is not meant to be play with that in mind. If there is no issue, feel free to ignore that.

context? (again)
Would you mind looking at the replies first than bloat Ichida's thread with a question that's already been answered?

The opponent's palfx is not black on Akumetsu during the last hit. It's supposed to be a silhouette.
That's correct. But unlike Distant Frontier where's it's only supposed to be just the last hit, it's the whole entire Astral Heat instead. Since it only affects IKEMEN, I would have not known as I mostly play them on 1.0.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Re: [Ichida Thread]: Hakumen Quick Update (08/29/2022)
#146  August 29, 2022, 06:20:27 am
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home
Hakumen has received new updates:
-Fixed an error where the opponent didn't display as a silhouette during his Astral Heat.
-Fixed an error where Hakumen couldn't use custom palettes for IKEMEN.
-Fixed an error where Hakumen's Astral Heat condition was based on his max health, rather than the opponent's max health.

If your going to update Hakumen again, there's an error where the Astral Heat conditions compare the Opponent's current health to the Player's Max Health rather than the Opponent's Max Health. This was addressed by PotS on OHMSBY's topic, so you might want to do the same to everyone else as well.

Also despite not having aura that OHMSBY uses for Astral Heat indication, your timing may be off and may need to be adjusted too. Not sure what would happen if Astral Heat is available and you're in the middle of 2 opponents in Simul mode as the style is not meant to be play with that in mind. If there is no issue, feel free to ignore that.
I already aware of this and it has been fixed for Hakumen now. Everybody else will be updated later.

Due to some IRL stuff came to me lately, please allow me to not answer questions that involve requests or recommendations at this point.
Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 06:26:44 am by Ichida
#147  August 29, 2022, 06:30:24 am
    • USA
Completely understandable dude and I apologize for any inconvenience with the recommendation. I'll be praying that whatever is happening in your IRL gets better.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#148  August 29, 2022, 02:23:27 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
I understand I will not bring it up any further also hope you are doing well in IRL.
Re: [Ichida Thread]: Everybody Quick Update (08/30/2022)
#149  August 30, 2022, 05:08:09 am
    • Vietnam
Everybody has been received quick update:
-Fixed an error where Astral Heat condition was based on enemy's max health, rather than character's max health.
Re: [Ichida Thread]: Everybody Quick Update (08/30/2022)
#150  September 16, 2022, 05:31:04 pm
  • The Blind Furry
  • I’m new to this and I’m blind
    • UK
Hey Ichida, just wanted to say that I hope you’re doing alright as you said that some stuff has happened for you IRL.
Re: [Ichida Thread]: Kanji Released + 15 Characters Update (05/10/2022)
#151  October 05, 2022, 04:40:57 am
    • Vietnam

Kanji Tatsumi has been released.

More Screenshots
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Video Showcase

Get him here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KPbi1ycy18Kwrv02QotxYhqQwipYiQf8/view?usp=sharing

All of my characters can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oX_Cm8ARtGi3LkNs0fGF_QkIGtXb1p4j

Here's the link to my Google site where I usually update news and add-ons:
https://sites.google.com/view/ichida-mugen-projects

Also, fixed an error where the Super Spark was layered in front of the Astral Heat cut-in for the following characters:
-Hakumen
-Hazama
-Seth
-Orie
-Chie
-Miyuki
-Linne
-Selvaria
-Tatsuya
-Blissful Adachi
-Naoto Kurogane
-Akira
-Kimono Asuna
-Iai Arthur
-Naoto Shirogane
Redownload/update them on my Google Site.

Spoiler: Coming soon. (click to see content)

Re: [Ichida Thread]: Kanji Released + 14 Characters Update (10/05/2022)
#152  October 07, 2022, 06:33:21 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Been testing the char for a bit. I never played the Persona fighting games but I liked Persona 4 quite a bit. Here's some feedback:

- His large portrait is a bit too blurry
- Not sure if accurate, but his standing hurtbox makes him very susceptible to crossups. Even KFM can easily do it with either jumping kick
- His taunt could use a knuckle cracking sound
- Air dash could use the instant air dash input (UF, UF essentially)
- I think states 40, 52 and 106 could have velset = 0, 0
- Cruel Attack (all versions) should be set to statetype = A as soon as he leaves the ground
- State 3001 has the same problem (even if normally it won't matter)
- 5C could have the velset when he starts lowering his head instead of at the start
- Weird that the second part of Cruel Attack can hit behind him
- Bet Ya Can't Take This! probably shouldn't hit behind him either
- This'll Hurt! has gigantic range. I think you should check p2bodydist for throws
- Hurtbox moves around a lot in states 10 and 12
- Burn To A Crisp! animation feels like it could be faster in some parts. Takes too long to complete
- Ass Whoopin', Tatsumi-Style is still invulnerable during recovery frames
- Burn To A Crisp! invulnerability ends before the active frames
- I know you guys hate Simul, but you shouldn't have Clsn2 on the opponent while he's being thrown or the other players can interrupt the throws and possibly break something
- The way Hitdefs are coded makes them go through ReversalDef (parries, autoguard, etc). You should check for movereversed in addition of movecontact
- Distortion Drive - Bonus Strike could have visual some indication of what bonus you got
- What a Pain hitbox seems oversized for how many active frames it has. It's like having Raging Storm on tap
- Are back dashes really supposed to have full invincibility for the entire animation?
- If you do air C close enough to the ground nothing happens. Not sure if intentional
- If you charge air C and release it at just the right time, his persona will attack under the ground level
- If he's hit out of air C he can't do it again until he calls his persona for something else
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#153  October 08, 2022, 02:57:41 am
    • Vietnam
All fixed.

- Burn To A Crisp! animation feels like it could be faster in some parts. Takes too long to complete
The animation was made intentionally. Making changes to it may cause the distortion drive to work incorrectly so I think I'll keep it that way for him.

- Distortion Drive - Bonus Strike could have visual some indication of what bonus you got
When you receive a Bonus Strike, there's a message pops up to show what bonus you get already.

- Are back dashes really supposed to have full invincibility for the entire animation?
Yes. Technically back dash and back dodge are the same thing.

- If you do air C close enough to the ground nothing happens. Not sure if intentional
This is intentional because Take-Mikazuchi during jC will disappear as soon as Kanji hits the ground.
#154  October 08, 2022, 10:23:11 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
When you receive a Bonus Strike, there's a message pops up to show what bonus you get already.
Oops. You're right, sorry. Could last just a little longer like the other popups though, as it's easy to miss unless you're already expecting it.

This is intentional because Take-Mikazuchi during jC will disappear as soon as Kanji hits the ground.
I noticed it's because he only hops back when you release C, and if you do it very low to the ground you're technically still holding down C so he doesn't hop and lands immediately. Makes sense.

Another thing is Take-Mikazuchi can be grabbed by counter throws like Geese's, turning him into a Kanji clone. You should extend the hitoverrides to throws as well.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#155  October 08, 2022, 12:11:18 pm
    • Vietnam
I got it fixed.
#156  October 09, 2022, 12:55:12 pm
    • USA
Got some feedback on the Persona characters. Just mostly additional details I found in the source game:

Chie:
-The blue flames in 5AAAA are layered in front of Tomoe.
-Sound (1000,0) is actually used for her 5AAAA.
-The break effect on 5B is layered behind her.
-jB and jC is missing a break effect when summoning Tomoe.
-Tomoe jC goes in a downward forward angle.
-The swish effects on Skull Cracker still plays after rapid canceling.

Blissful Adachi:
-The aqua flames on his forward/backwards throws gets layered in front of Blissful Izanagi when they hit the opponent.
-The 5B swish should be layered behind Blissful Izanagi as it was with OHMSBY's Adachi.

I think he also has some break effects during his attacks with Blissful Izanagi. But I don't have the 2.0 expansion to check which animations does. Since I can't see for OHMSBY's Adachi, I'll have to skip him for now.

Naoto Shirogane:
-The large sliding dust on her running throw is layered behind her when she successfully catches the opponent.
-Snipe Aim doesn't keep track of shots already fired when following up.

There's no limit of how many times you can follow up in source, but you can shoot 4 or less, then follow up again. Rinse and repeat. In BBTAG, this is not possible as she would fire all 5 shots. But the ability to shoot less is nice as it allows you in fire shots in different angles. Just wondering if it's possible to adjust the balance of the move so it can't be spammed with infinite shots.

Kanji:
-The word bubble on 5A is layered behind Take-Mikazuchi (Noticeable if you use 5B, then 5A right after).
-Gotcha! is missing a tarot card and break effect above his front hand.

Edit: I just remembered some small errors regarding Tatsuya:
-The strong ground shockwave on 5BB is layered behind him when it successfully connects (Didn't realize this when he was reappearing on the opponent).
-For some reason, 2C is blockable in the air.
Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 01:13:49 pm by ZolidSone
#157  October 10, 2022, 06:16:55 pm
    • Vietnam
All fixed.

There's no limit of how many times you can follow up in source, but you can shoot 4 or less, then follow up again. Rinse and repeat. In BBTAG, this is not possible as she would fire all 5 shots. But the ability to shoot less is nice as it allows you in fire shots in different angles. Just wondering if it's possible to adjust the balance of the move so it can't be spammed with infinite shots.

If Naoto wants to "reset" the amount of bullet shot, she has to perform the roll first. Since her bullet's ground.hittime is reduced, she wouldn't be able to perform infinites with them. I did find a solution for this in the first place by limiting the attempt to roll forward to one each use but seems like it's not something belongs to BBTAG so I make it infinite.
#158  October 11, 2022, 05:57:38 am
    • USA
Got some more feedback after as I noticed an error with the layering when using Ultra Burst and more (This was fixed with Naoto and onwards, but not the earlier ones before her):

Chie:
-The 6004 effect on all versions of Herculean Strike will continue playing and follow her after rapid canceling.
-The 6802 effects are layered behind the Awakening Cut In portrait when Tomoe disappears after she activates Ultra Burst.

Blissful Adachi:
-Now that I seen how OHMSBY updated Adachi to add the break effects, I got an idea which moves have them:
5B, 5BBB & jB (5BB doesn't have one when he twirls his gun and the rest of the moves not mentioned have them already).
-The Particle effects are much lower when he does a forward air dash.
-The tarot card effect on ground Adios! has shadows and reflections on stages with reflected floors.
-The break effect on 5C should be where the hand of the 9th frame is.
-Blissful Izanagi and the 7100 effects are layered behind the Awakening Cut In portrait when he disappears after he activates Ultra Burst (The aqua summon flame effects are also layered in front of him as well).

Naoto:
-The blue flame summon effects are layered in front of Sukuna-Hikona when she activates Ultra Burst.

Kanji:
-The word bubble is now layered in front of the opponent (It was just his Persona that's supposed to behind it, not them as well).
-The blue flame summon effects are layered in front of Take-Mikazuchi when she activates Ultra Burst.

If Naoto wants to "reset" the amount of bullet shot, she has to perform the roll first. Since her bullet's ground.hittime is reduced, she wouldn't be able to perform infinites with them. I did find a solution for this in the first place by limiting the attempt to roll forward to one each use but seems like it's not something belongs to BBTAG so I make it infinite.
I see. It's not an infinite or anything where the opponent can't block and constantly hit the opponent with the shots in the same combo, I was just wondering if it sounds unbalanced as she could move around quickly and fire again without reloading.
#159  October 11, 2022, 06:28:29 pm
    • Vietnam
I got all of them fixed.

I see. It's not an infinite or anything where the opponent can't block and constantly hit the opponent with the shots in the same combo, I was just wondering if it sounds unbalanced as she could move around quickly and fire again without reloading.
So after taking a look at this again, I decide to make a change to it: Naoto can still perform infinite rolls, but not after she fires a shot. Once she shoots a bullet, she won't be able to perform rolls unless she finishes 5 shots or return back to idle animation.
#160  October 12, 2022, 01:49:28 am
    • USA
Just checked out the fixes. I see you also changed the sound effect that OHMSBY used for them. However, he still kept (2002,2) sound for those when crushing the tarot card hard or shooting it with a gun. The reason is that the volume is too low and hard to hear when using a Force Break or Distortion Drive because the sound for the sparks overpowers it. For the command normals, they only used them for certain attacks and I think it's too much of a hassle to remove the animations with the tarot card to keep just the break effect for yours that have them already. So I'll just mention those that need to revert back with the old sound instead (Plus any other unrelated feedback if any and I seem to found a bug on Kanji):

Chie:
-God's Hand, Agneyastra A/B & Galactic Punt
-The tarot card on Galactic Punt disappears 2 ticks before the break effect.

Blissful Adachi:
-5C, jC, At the Ready, Adios!, Deus Ex Machina, Ground Zero
-The break effect on Ground Zero is not the same position as 5C.

Naoto:
-5BBB, jC, Hamaon, Mudoon
-The forward/backwards throw has just the break effect where her hand is on the 4th frame (I made an error and originally thought it applied to the others with a similar animations as well, but that's not the case as she was holding the opponent with that arm during the throw).

I also noticed during gameplay videos that Anti-S SP Pistol Alpha I can follow up with Anti-S SP Pistol Beta I. Could be possible if you hold C in the middle of Anti-S SP Pistol Alpha I.

Kanji:
-Gotcha! & Burn To A Crisp!
-5AAAA and jC also has a break effect as well.
-The summon effect is now layered in front of Take-Mikazuchi in 5B.
-Non-NOY Here's a little treat! could use the break effect similar to Gotcha! as well.
-For some reason, NOY Here's a little treat! only deals a single hit and no longer KOs the opponent.

For Burn To A Crisp!, I also noticed there's no tarot card appearing when they throw the opponent in the air when it successfully connects.

So after taking a look at this again, I decide to make a change to it: Naoto can still perform infinite rolls, but not after she fires a shot. Once she shoots a bullet, she won't be able to perform rolls unless she finishes 5 shots or return back to idle animation.
That's a good change. This keeps it accurate to BBTAG while still having the option to fire less if choose to.

Also, I want to ask you about the layering of the summon effect. What do you think looks better? My personal opinion is behind because it looks nicer coming from their backs and wouldn't conflict with swishes if the Personas has any. I also believe that's how it worked in source. Even if it was in front, it would have looked right on Naoto when using her 5B as Sukuna-Hikona's swish is so big.
Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 10:56:19 am by ZolidSone