YesNoOk

Possible Strikers System (Read 140389 times)

Started by Sean Altly, August 31, 2011, 08:49:08 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Possible Strikers System
#41  September 03, 2011, 07:42:59 am
Again I have no problems with it being Demitri, since he's my favorite character of the DS cast, but I just figured it would make more sense to be Lilith.
#42  September 03, 2011, 10:56:09 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
As for Strider, just use one of his cyber animals.

You could even use Ginzu the Ninja from Captain Commando, and maybe just reuse some animations from MVC-3, or Geki from Street Fighter 1, or Ibuki. Though Cyber Animals/Hien would make more sense I guess, I just like the idea of Capcom's character pairing up with mixed universes, since like I said, it broadens your options.
#43  September 04, 2011, 12:01:00 am
You could even use Ginzu the Ninja from Captain Commando

I think the same !!

Ninja with ninja coul be fun and they both are from Capcom.
I just wanna Help :)

if i can.
#44  September 04, 2011, 12:44:44 am
  • Mas y Mas Wips XD
    • alan-san.deviantart.com/
What about Colt Cabana as a striker for CM Punk.   :sugoi:
#45  September 04, 2011, 12:50:30 am
I also just noticed Sentinel coming in for Dr. Doom. I think you should make Dr. Doom's striker a Doombot, it's easy and seemingly lazy but people who read comics will get the reference and enjoy it.
#46  September 04, 2011, 05:38:06 pm
I also just noticed Sentinel coming in for Dr. Doom. I think you should make Dr. Doom's striker a Doombot, it's easy and seemingly lazy but people who read comics will get the reference and enjoy it.

He just said the characters dont have a time or partners dont need to be relationated's

but what makes sense could be fun too

if i can.
#47  September 04, 2011, 05:42:42 pm
  • Great, can't even get my avatar working...
 It warmed my heart to see King mentioned in this topic :) . He is my favorite video game character. I do understand the hardness and "unreleated-nes" though.

This project sound really nice, pretty much one of the dream games i wanted to do (but i hardly made any decent sprite animation and none of my computer nerd-ish friends could figure out how to use fighterfactory).

I do hope that there will be more to it than a decent variety of characters. I'd be very happy to see game play innovations but since i don't really know much about creating anything for Mugen i can't really suggest anything either.

Keep up the good work! (Sorry if my grammar isn't correct, im Turk)

Keep up the good work!
#48  September 04, 2011, 05:43:33 pm
I understand that it doesn't need to, but I would like if the partners has some history or relation between them, which is true for most of the strikers, like Mega Man & Proto Man, or Ken & Sean
#49  September 04, 2011, 05:54:47 pm
I understand that it doesn't need to, but I would like if the partners has some history or relation between them, which is true for most of the strikers, like Mega Man & Proto Man, or Ken & Sean

yeah i know what you think, i think the same, but this project is really good cause the creator is a fan.

I think Fan Games is better than those from computer or those from video games.But the new generation is coming and the old games are returning all the games could be Much more fun just watch the resident evil movie and then play the game you will see no reason for that fuckin movie =/

if i can.
#50  September 04, 2011, 06:17:46 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
Sub-Zero has Kenshi(he and Kenshi are allies)

Scorpion has no real allies but Quan Chi sounds good

Mr.X could have either zombies or an Umbrella soldier come out(you could edit the genome soldiers you made for Snake)

Wesker can have a licker or soldiers

Squall may have a monster or one of his buddies

Snake can have either Grey Fox or Raiden(he can throw Raiden like in his intro after he tries to out gun Snake)

#51  September 05, 2011, 08:54:48 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Lemme just ask what kind of striker options you want to have; 1 attack, or 2 different attacks per striker? (like a far away projectile attack and the other a close range launcher attack). I guess you could have this work with forward+(whatever the Striker command is)  and backward+(whatever the Striker command is).
#52  September 05, 2011, 09:16:30 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Adding a bit to what Balthazar said, what about a standard striker, and a striker-super?
#53  September 05, 2011, 09:29:40 pm
Oh snap son CvtW just got crazy. I can agree with 2 striker specials that have a different purpose, but it doesn't neccessarily have to be a long range or close range. Hopefully the strikers all have some sort of chemistry with the fighter, instead of just coming in to do some sort of standalone attack that doesn't compliment the game of the striker at all. Like if it's a close range fighter, why not have the striker help him do some high-low mixups, or push the opponent closer to him, something like MvC2's Strider x Doom bromance. As far as Striker Supers go, I can see how it can happen, you burn meter to have your striker do a super, and during this super you can move however you like to move, and attack at the same time while the opponent is being hit by the super. Can give the game some depth.
#54  September 05, 2011, 10:14:28 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
-IF- striker-supers are used, you could also have some characters who also have a charge...so it allows you to have a short time to initialize a setup, and also leave a lot more options for the player in the process. Cazaki's idea of also having the strikers do something more than just a single attack (like a hadouken or whatever) also seems interesting, kinda almost like the Tekken Tag 2 tag combos or Street Fighter X Tekken, but probably a fair bit more simplified.
#55  September 05, 2011, 10:32:00 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I was just going to make them do one attack, and yes, I was going to make sure it complimented the character's gameplay. I would consider two attacks, but maybe you have to choose at the beginning of the round, like in the VS games (where they have multiple assists, but you have to choose one). I don't want to do Supers though, although I can tell you now that Jill will have a Barry Burton super.

Download Last Bout now!
#56  September 05, 2011, 10:47:05 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
That I can understand, something like Captain Commando's Captain Storm, where partner characters are also part of his moveset also. I just mean it would allow you to do certain things with their striker that might seem interesting later on, like if Ken calls in Ryu for a super (like in NxC) and does a double shoryuken as shown here -> ::VIDEO::
#57  September 06, 2011, 12:25:31 am
just to ask, but you will make a Tag System for 2 vs 2?
cause if you do its could be one attack kill with the combos all they will have.
what you think about do a assist thats not attack the opponent but heal the player?(well just for who have items to heal in theyr game, Like Barry Healing Jill with Herbs or Spray)

if i can.
#58  September 16, 2011, 07:21:43 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Garret Laurel's striker should be Dick Gumshoe.

Pleeeeeaaaaase?  ;P
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#59  September 16, 2011, 03:58:02 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
hmmm any possible chance your striker system could be like in SBX (sengoku basara X) striker system?

#60  September 20, 2011, 11:09:14 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Never played it, so I don't know what it's like. If I go through with it, it will be simple. You'll start each match with a limited number of times you can use the striker. When you use them, they show up and do an assist attack or whatever like in the VS games, and then jump out. They will be able to be hit, and when they are hit, they'll just be knocked off screen. I'm pretty sure this is similar to how it worked in MVC1. I'm not trying to over complicate it, or replicate any specific system. I just thought it would be fun for cameos and to add another layer of depth to the fights.

Download Last Bout now!