Started by Sean Altly, December 07, 2021, 04:56:24 PM
Share this topic:
Damage Dampener Help
#1  December 07, 2021, 04:56:24 PM
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
So I'm trying to change up the damage dampener I use for Last Bout. I've been using the same basic code that comes from POTS' "Greatest Hits of Feedback" thread with a bit of simplification.

[State -2, Damage Dampener]; Scaling in action
type= attackmulset
trigger1= numenemy
value= ifelse(enemynear, gethitvar(hitcount) = 0, 1, ifelse(enemynear, gethitvar(hitcount) = 1, 0.95, 0.9**enemynear, gethitvar(hitcount)))
ignorehitpause= 1

[State -2, Damage Dampener]; Full damage
type= attackmulset
trigger1= numenemy
trigger1= enemynear,movetype!=H || (enemynear,stateno=[120,155])
value= 1.0
ignorehitpause= 1

What I want to do is reset the damage dampener when they use a super move. All of the characters' super moves are 2000 states (2000,2100, etc.) so I changed the second part to this:

[State -2, Damage Dampener]; Full damage
type= attackmulset
trigger1= numenemy
trigger1= enemynear,movetype!=H || (enemynear,stateno=[120,155])
trigger2 = stateno = [2000,2999]
value= 1.0
ignorehitpause= 1

But for some reason this isn't working. If the super has multiple hits, it does prevent the damage from going down from hit to hit, but if I combo into the super, it still reduces the overall damage. For example, Vidael has a super that is one big hit for 400 damage. Her Standing HP does 70. Even with this code applied, Doing HP > Super only does 338 damage. It's driving me nuts and it's probably really simple or stupid.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. I was ignoring the p2defmul in the super pause. Figured I'd just solve rather than delete.

All my stuff is open source, you never need permission to use anything I make. Just have fun!
Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 05:10:08 PM by Sean Altly