YesNoOk

Help with Remappal (Read 2219 times)

Started by Slayer., March 24, 2023, 06:23:06 pm
Share this topic:
Help with Remappal
#1  March 24, 2023, 06:23:06 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Well, I've had this idea for a while... which is to do a "3D" Sagat, something more like Gill from SF3. Basically, the goal would be through color separation to make Sagat's sprites asymmetrical when changing sides. Like this:

Source pals being:

and dest ones:

Since I have zero knowledge of chars code, would this be solved with simple code? Or is it something advanced? It's DivineWolf's Sagat, btw.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Re: Help with Remappal
#2  March 24, 2023, 11:26:36 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
That could be achieved by placing the remappal in the -2 states, with something like this:

Code:
[State -2, RemapPal]
type = RemapPal
trigger1 = facing = -1
source = 1,1
dest = 2, PalNo

[State -2, RemapPal]
type = RemapPal
trigger1 = facing = 1
source = 1,1
dest = 1, PalNo
#3  March 25, 2023, 12:50:01 am
  • Rurouni Fan
DS, you beautiful soul!  :D
It worked. It's really cool and makes me want to waste time using it with characters with simpler asymmetrical designs like Rugal or Heidern.
Anyway, thank you very much.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#4  April 24, 2023, 06:30:17 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
New #5  May 08, 2023, 08:47:33 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
Oh! I didn't see your reply before. Although I think I saw that post at some point, I'm lazy. :tough:
The problem with the code you provided occurs when there are custom states - them throws "Ù,u.

I tested it with Zico first, because with Sagat it involves a lot of spriting work.
But I'll try that later and post the result. Thank you for your consideration.

Edit: I tried. In the first frame when grabbed, the character changes palette and there are inconsistencies during the animation. So while there is a way to get this to work properly, it turns out it's not that simple. Probably adding some more code, but I'm not capable to comment.

Did you play the new
Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 10:08:53 pm by Slayer.