YesNoOk

Mortimer Freeze(Cuphead) Updated(2022.12.10) (Read 17271 times)

Started by Dark Ruler, November 13, 2022, 08:51:49 am
Share this topic:
Mortimer Freeze(Cuphead) Updated(2022.12.10)
#1  November 13, 2022, 08:51:49 am
    • darkruler1997.wixsite.com/darkrulermugensite
I'm back in Mugen again! This will truly be my last comeback, and the reason I got rid of my old site was because of some malicious user attacks. We plan to rebuild the site again soon, and we will update some Cuphead characters. First of all, I will post only the mediafire link.
This character was created with utmost care for perfection. This character is for Mugen 1.1 only.

Unimplemented and differences from the original:
Attack in the reverse direction: I didn't add this one due to the difficulty and complexity of its implementation.
5 moving platforms: Lots of bugs, so it's immobile in the Mugen version.
Reverse Knockout Motion: Excluded because the reverse direction is not implemented.
In phase 3, if you get close, your opponent will take damage (to avoid taking damage and attacking from very close range).

Youtube Preview

More Screenshots
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/bumnpehtf801dmk/Mortimer+Freeze.zip/file
My MediaFire: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/204f4abzq298s/MUGEN_Creation

My New Site: https://darkruler1997.wixsite.com/darkrulermugensite
Cuphead Section: https://darkruler1997.wixsite.com/darkrulermugensite/cuphead
Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 03:01:55 am by Dark Ruler
Re: Mortimer Freeze(Cuphead)
#2  November 17, 2022, 01:38:18 am
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Oh wow! This looks marvelous.
Re: Mortimer Freeze(Cuphead)
#3  November 30, 2022, 11:06:59 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I was about to give up after it failed to load in 1.1 even with your patched exe, but then I tried Ikemen and it worked, so...

Amazing work here. I love seeing characters like this once in a while to remind me innnovation ain't dead.

I haven't played Cuphead and it looks like you already spent a lot of time studying it, so my feedback won't be about accuracy but about translating it to a fighting game I guess. Some of it may only apply to Ikemen for the reason above.

All:
- Putting him on P1's side breaks the stage composition
- I think the 3 phases could be more evenly distributed according to his life. You're probably being accurate here but still
- Attacks that knock down but allow recovery could just not knock down. I find myself pressing recovery a lot
- The little ice dudes that walk on the floor being player type (I suppose) and making the player turn towards them disrupts the fight quite a bit. Their attacks should also have lower priority as the player's attacks always get stuffed when trying to hit them
- Not a real issue, but if you make his life go back and forth with debug you can break the stage

Phase 1:
- Whale attack is unblockable so it should disable proximity blocking. Harder to dodge it if it doesn't. Its hitbox is also too big and active
- The tarot card hitboxes are huge

Phase 2:
- When transforming into phase 2 there's a part where his hurtbox flashes on and off
- One time I died against phase 2 and it still started going into phase 3
- The passive attacks that prevent players from getting behind him should have lower priority. Same as the ice dudes. Or maybe they act as high priority because there's no Clsn2?
- They also should always push the player away. They often bring him closer
- A player that gets behind him could be sent flying to the other end of the screen instead of being repeatedly hit
- If you jump on top of the Clsn1 he has behind him, you will get juggled back and forth between both hitboxes
- The sword (Lei-Lei's) attack could go full screen
- The ice cubes and bats have misaligned hitsparks
- Large icecubes could be hittable by fireballs (and still split in two)

Phase 3:
- Hiding the lifebars makes it a bit confusing. Can't be helped I guess
- Eyeball lightning Clsn1 is also too big
- The floor could also have a hitbox to prevent the player from getting there
- Triggers proximity blocking even if it's doing nothing
- Cloud platforms could grab only jumping chars. Would prevent some of the funny stuff. This way you could also make the hitbox come back fast enough so that you can jump and land on the same platform
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Re: Mortimer Freeze(Cuphead) Updated(2022.12.10)
#4  December 11, 2022, 03:01:41 am
    • darkruler1997.wixsite.com/darkrulermugensite
He has Updated.

- So that it can be used in Ikemen GO Add ikemen-specific def file and air,cns file
- Fixed explosion and parry effects in high definition.
- The winter whale attack's judgment has been reduced and it has been changed to be able to block.
- Icicle minions' damage rolls have been slowed down, but their damage has been slightly increased.
- The tarot card's attack roll and hit roll have been reduced.
- The damage duration of the anti-jumping helper has been increased, but the damage has been increased, and it now bounces opponents away.
- Phase 2 Snow Monster's spike attack now knocks opponents away.
- Platform helpers now ignore guards and relocate.
- Reduced the size of the hitbox of Snowflake's Eyeball Electric.
- Increased triggering of bucket attacks.

Note: In the Ikemen GO compatible version, the candle in the back does not come out due to a problem with the background sprite.