YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U (Read 2279362 times)

Started by Titiln, November 19, 2004, 06:28:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros [3DS][Wii U]
#981  July 25, 2013, 01:10:23 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
For Kid Icarus I believe Hades should take the roster
Pit will be the only one from Kid Icarus for the same reason that Olimar will be the only one from Pikmin.  There's exactly one character in the franchise that anyone other than the most die-hard fans know and/or care about.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for an influx of new playable villains, if I were you.  Pretty much all of Nintendo's iconic baddies (plus a handful of their second-stringers) were already in Brawl.  Ridley and maybe K. Rool might have a shot, but beyond that most of Nintendo's big names aren't really known for the enemy characters.
#982  July 25, 2013, 01:26:55 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
There is someone I would like to see, in villain terms, but he wont be in, I will still say it anyway.

Robotnick. The one with the egg ship from the genesis games, attacking with the pendulum and setting down traps for the opponents with spikes and crap.

His final smash would call out a bunch of robot minions.
#983  July 25, 2013, 01:55:03 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
For Kid Icarus I believe Hades should take the roster
Pit will be the only one from Kid Icarus for the same reason that Olimar will be the only one from Pikmin.  There's exactly one character in the franchise that anyone other than the most die-hard fans know and/or care about.

You say that now, but remember that Kid Icarus is currently in Sakurai's hands.  You will get the entire supporting cast of Uprising, they will be as BS as Meta Knight and DDD were in Brawl, and you will like it.
#984  July 25, 2013, 01:58:42 am
palutena in smash? my boner is ready
#985  July 25, 2013, 01:58:44 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#986  July 25, 2013, 02:20:57 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Chain grabs
#987  July 25, 2013, 03:05:52 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Person Man said:
maybeK. Rool might have a shot
I could be wrong, but doesn't Rare own the Kremlings? I mean, I assumed that's why Donkey Kong Country Returns had those mask dudes as enemies.
#988  July 25, 2013, 03:16:37 am
    • USA
The Kremlings were in Mario Sports games, so no.
#989  July 25, 2013, 03:27:28 am
also k rool has been a trophy before
#990  July 25, 2013, 04:35:34 am
  • Fuck You.
<- should be in smash

at least as a fucking trophy or something that steals the smash ball from the carrier or some shit like a blue turtle shell type gimmick
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#991  July 25, 2013, 05:09:26 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
There is someone I would like to see, in villain terms, but he wont be in, I will still say it anyway.

Robotnick. The one with the egg ship from the genesis games, attacking with the pendulum and setting down traps for the opponents with spikes and crap.

But, uh, he floats. Like, he can't even walk around or crawl or drive or whatever, the bottom is spherical. Compare it to, I dunno, Ridley, who flies around 99% of the time. But he has feet and walks around in Prime 1/3, and it's not inconceivable for him to be grounded and not be able to fly indefinitely, ala Charizard or Meta Knight or any of the other fliers. But Robotnik's Eggmobile just doesn't seem suitable for Smash's gameplay. Probably could do something with the drill tank from Sonic 2, but the best bet would probably be the Egg Walker from Sonic Adventure 2, I guess.
#992  July 25, 2013, 05:19:35 am
    • USA
    • BagelBagelOhBagel@gmail.com
A character this game needs is the mach rider.

Think about it: Pit, Ice climbers, Ness, Lucas and ROB all come from a single game. And they all look stupid.

Mach rider looks cool - He gotta a motorcycle helmet, armor, spike pads, and a GUN!!

Hey you, you notice how everybody else's signature makes little sense?
Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 07:28:23 pm by J-Grug
#993  July 25, 2013, 05:22:05 am
    • USA
:I
#994  July 25, 2013, 05:24:05 am
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
Your slapping avatar is fitting, Jmorphman.
#995  July 25, 2013, 05:39:02 am
    • USA

Think for a sec: Pit, Ice climber, Ness, Lucas and ROB only had one game. And they all look stupid.

Mach rider looks cool - He gotta a motorcycle helmet, armor, spike pads, and a GUN.

#996  July 25, 2013, 05:43:15 am
    • USA
The Ice Climbers would have another game if they just carried an AK-47. :(
#997  July 25, 2013, 07:41:47 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz

OR KNUCKLES.  FUCK ANYBODY ELSE
#998  July 25, 2013, 02:30:02 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

But, uh, he floats. Like, he can't even walk around or crawl or drive or whatever, the bottom is spherical. Compare it to, I dunno, Ridley, who flies around 99% of the time. But he has feet and walks around in Prime 1/3, and it's not inconceivable for him to be grounded and not be able to fly indefinitely, ala Charizard or Meta Knight or any of the other fliers. But Robotnik's Eggmobile just doesn't seem suitable for Smash's gameplay. Probably could do something with the drill tank from Sonic 2, but the best bet would probably be the Egg Walker from Sonic Adventure 2, I guess.
The same is true for modok an dhe worked out fine D: have him grow catterpilars when he crouches, his jump be hella floaty and most of his attacks exploe aerial properties and presto.  you could pretty much make each of his boss forms be attacks.
#999  July 25, 2013, 02:33:33 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland

Think for a sec: Pit, Ice climber, Ness, Lucas and ROB only had one game. But they all look stupid.

Mach rider looks cool - He gotta a motorcycle helmet, armor, spike pads, and a GUN.
Are you serious?
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#1000  July 25, 2013, 06:14:55 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
http://kotaku.com/the-next-super-smash-bros-wont-have-a-story-mode-or-c-906856304

So you don't have to click a Kotaku link said:
Hey, remember Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Remember the Subspace Emissary adventure mode? Did you see the CG cutscenes? Well, thanks to spoilers, you won't have any of those in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U and 3DS.

In his bi-weekly column in Weekly Famitsu, Super Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai revealed some new details about the upcoming game. One major detail he covered was the exclusion of a story mode and CG cutscenes and his reasons behind it.

In the previous game, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the development team took advantage of the rare occasion of having multiple different series' characters all appear in the same game, so they painstakingly created a special story called the Subspace Emissary, complete with cutscenes for players to enjoy. It was a project that obviously took a lot of thought, time, and energy. And then, the obvious happened...

"Unfortunately, the movie scenes we worked hard to create were uploaded onto the internet." Sakurai lamented. "You can only truly wow a player the first time he sees [a cutscene]. I felt if players saw the cutscenes outside of the game, they would no longer serve as rewards for playing the game, so I've decided against having them."

Rather than letting a setback ruin things completely, Sakurai has focused on having video sequences that would instead potentially benefit by being spread around. This has led to the new character intro video sequences for the Villager, Mega Man, and the Wii Fit Trainer. Sakurai expressed a desire to make similar videos for all subsequent new characters.

While there will be no story mode, Sakurai assured that the 3DS version would include a feature that would "act as a separate mode from the standard versus play."

In terms of features that will be added instead of taken away, Sakurai revealed that the 3DS and Wii U versions would have different stages. The 3DS version will have more portable game-themed stages while the Wii U version will have more home console game-themed stages. Sakurai did not specify whether all the stages would be different.

Finally, Sakurai noted that there will be some form of character customizability in the game. This customization will alter character performance, though in what way is still unclear. Sakurai is also considering a way to allow players to use customizations from their 3DS versions in their Wii U versions of the game.

Sadly, there was not enough space in Sakurai's column to allow him to talk about online play. Another topic for another time, I guess.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox