YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 745369 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#2481  June 15, 2021, 06:55:43 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
This came out of nowhere.. literally.

It looks like the temple from Tekken 7 (or maybe it's Hon-Maru from Tekken 4) is going to be his stage and there was a remix of his Tekken 2 theme.

The 28th can't come quick enough.
#2482  June 15, 2021, 07:01:58 pm
    • Mexico
This may not be really important, but can we appreciate for a moment the fact that we can now have a four player match with nothing but fighting game characters? It's just so satisfying.
#2483  June 15, 2021, 07:07:58 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.

Tekken series has a plethora of tracks, I'll be surprised it doesn't exceed SNK's 50.

Tho, they will probably squeeze in Soul Calibur music.
#2484  June 15, 2021, 07:10:14 pm
YESH!!! My own inspiration of a fighter... Good call!  :muttrox:
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#2485  June 15, 2021, 07:19:34 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
This may not be really important, but can we appreciate for a moment the fact that we can now have a four player match with nothing but fighting game characters? It's just so satisfying.

so much better than I was expecting
#2486  June 15, 2021, 07:44:27 pm
    • Mexico
Terry is still the daddy though
#2487  June 15, 2021, 07:45:14 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
my tekken 7 main is in it!
#2488  June 15, 2021, 08:49:43 pm
    • Brazil

lui

#2489  June 15, 2021, 08:53:58 pm
    • USA
Smash Fans are shaking at the amount of Tekken inputs shown.
#2490  June 15, 2021, 09:16:17 pm

Can't wait to see Knee take a Smash tourney with his EWGF magic.

If this doesn't accelerate Netmarble to finally add the mythical Street Fighter collab to KOF All Stars, I dunno what will.
#2491  June 15, 2021, 09:27:36 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA

Can't say I'm mad about this one, holy shit. This whole direct was excellent but what a great pick for the roster. Here's hoping the final character doesn't suck!
#2492  June 15, 2021, 09:30:15 pm

Never thought I'd see this, but Vergeben is sorta back, and with some Smash tease.
Spoiler: spoiler for folks who don't wanna click (click to see content)
Now, I'm not sure what to think about it. Vergeben hasn't posted leaks in over a solid year, so nobody knows if he stayed in contact with whatever source that told him all the Smash info. On the other hand, his last leak before was rather accurate, as he pretty much leaked the mii costumes from Byleth's presentation mid-Direct. It'd be a pretty ballsy thing for him to do that again. Still, I'm putting this as small food for thought before the direct comes.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ske7ch/status/1404831410041409538?s=19

The developer is intrigued by that idea tho it isn't happening.
#2493  June 15, 2021, 10:23:03 pm
    • Mexico
#2494  June 15, 2021, 10:59:45 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
Wow. Letdown doesn't even begin to describe how lame that reveal was. Oh, well, I still got patch notes to look forward to.
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#2495  June 15, 2021, 11:21:02 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I can’t believe that Smash Ultimate is now not just the closest we’re ever going to get to Capcom vs SNK 3, but also the closest we’re ever going to get to Tekken x Street Fighter.  Sakurai is truly too good to us.
#2496  June 15, 2021, 11:55:31 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Never thought I'd see this, but Vergeben is sorta back, and with some Smash tease.
Spoiler: spoiler for folks who don't wanna click (click to see content)
Now, I'm not sure what to think about it. Vergeben hasn't posted leaks in over a solid year, so nobody knows if he stayed in contact with whatever source that told him all the Smash info. On the other hand, his last leak before was rather accurate, as he pretty much leaked the mii costumes from Byleth's presentation mid-Direct. It'd be a pretty ballsy thing for him to do that again. Still, I'm putting this as small food for thought before the direct comes.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ske7ch/status/1404831410041409538?s=19

The developer is intrigued by that idea tho it isn't happening.

The "smash leaks" have been getting way out of hand. Every single one I've seen has been dead wrong that it's obvious that these "leakers" are just throwing out guesses to hopefully get their five minutes of internet fame.
#2497  June 16, 2021, 12:01:33 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
It's cool to see Sakurai is willing to compromise with the Dragon Ball fanbase that will die on the hill of Goku getting in, and he gave us Vegeta instead.  Because if Toriyama won't give him his moment to shine with the rug always pulled out from under him, I guess Sakurai has to step up to it.

Ok, joking aside, fine enough choice, doesn't do much for me.  I've played Tekken but never much.....cared for it?  Which is a little unfair because I love Soul Calibur for similar reasons  that I don't really get into Tekken, but it just never clicked beyond Tekken 2 ages ago.  So yeah, Kazuya is cool, recognizable, has history.  Just rather meh to me.  On the other hand, this one I could probably actually play and don't dislike Kazuya the character himself per say, so hey.  Better than Byleth or Pyra/Mythra.

I'm assuming he will be ground Bayonetta with air game similar to Little Mac but better because wings.  Because Tekken is not typically known for the juggler to actually be airborne for much of their combos so much as the target is, the guys are still very much Earth bound.  I'm not counting little bunny hops as equal to your jumping forward + heavy kick stuff of SF.
#2498  June 16, 2021, 12:21:57 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Celebratory art from Tekken Project.

I love how everyone's all shocked at how much of a bastard Kazuya is, and Bowser's in the back just looking genuinely impressed.
#2499  June 16, 2021, 12:40:01 am
bowser in that art is like "do it....DO IT!"
#2500  June 16, 2021, 12:48:01 am

Pikachu looks so tramatized for life.

Because Tekken is not typically known for the juggler to actually be airborne for much of their combos so much as the target is, the guys are still very much Earth bound.
It's basically PSASBR Heihachi but with actual effort put into it and not manifesting bowling pins to make up for his poor keepaway tools.