#1661  July 30, 2020, 08:51:27 pm
    • USA
Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 02:50:00 am by airforce111
Re: Ikemen GO
#1662  July 30, 2020, 11:37:53 pm
    • USA

GLSL 1.50 is not supported. Supported versions are: 1.10, 1.20, 1.30

What the...
How you can have GLSL 1.5 and not have 1.1?
That should not happen.

Do the same happens with already compiled binaries?
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Windblade-GR01/ikemen-go/build/artifacts

Yes it does. That's exactly where I am getting it from. I can't compile from source so I have to download the per-compiled binaries. (Me not being able to compile from source is a topic for a whole other day. I think the GO Version of my system is just far too outdated. Something about not being able to handle 'mods' or something. I'm not adding mods; so, who knows.)

I download "bin\release\Ikemen_GO_Linux.zip." I perform "extract here." I run the binary file. Engine crashes. Part of the error message shows up in a pop up window and when I hit "ok" it crashes. The rest of the error message I retrieved from the Ikemen Log.

I think X3nostar is correct; because this did not happen back in May before the Pause Menu was added. The version of Ikemen Go I archived on DVD back from May opens and runs perfectly. I was really looking forward to the Pause Menu and asking for it because I use a Fight Stick and the encoder registers with the Computer as a "Game Pad" and I had to keep using the keyboard's escape key to go back in the menus and it was a massive pain.

But, ever sense the Pause Menu update was made the entire engine crashes on my computer.

I don't know how to fix this. What other information can I provide to help solve this problem?
#1663  July 31, 2020, 12:32:56 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Found the problem. I'm gonna fix it soon.
Thanks for reporting it.

Go-lang logs look bloated, but man they are helpfull.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#1664  July 31, 2020, 12:48:12 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Also for Arcade Mode, I know I suggested this back then in some way, but we should be able to put chars into teams akin to KOF so members of a team will be present in the same match.
Like for example:
Kyo, team=Japan
Benimaru, team=Japan
Daimon, team=Japan
Terry, team=FatalFury
Andy, team=FatalFury
Joe, team=FatalFury
This should mean Kyo, Beni and Daimon will be on the same team when one of them is chosen for a match in a Team mode. Same for the other 3.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1665  July 31, 2020, 02:47:56 am
    • USA
If anyone is interested, refering to my question above I figured it out. For if you still want to force a character single mode in versus mode when selecting in teams. This is just for my own thing really, since I want players to be able to select boss characters, but hte boss characters would be too cheap in team modes, so itll force single mode on anyone with single flag in select.def. Trying to mess with "unlocking characters" at the moment but I know k4thos is creating something so my efforts may just be wasted lol, anyway:

In start.lua, ctrl+f  "SIMPLE LOOP (VS MODE, TEAM VERSUS, TRAINING, WATCH, BONUS GAMES, TIME CHALLENGE, SCORE CHALLENGE)" and then look for "--fight initialization" and paste this below it

Code:
if p1NumChars > 1 then
for i = 1, #start.t_p1Selected do
local single = false
if start.f_rivalsMatch('char_ref') and start.f_rivalsMatch('single', 1) then --team conversion assigned as rivals param
enemy_ref = main.t_selChars[start.t_p2Selected[1].ref + 1].rivals[matchNo].char_ref
single = true
elseif main.t_selChars[start.t_p1Selected[i].ref + 1].single == 1 then --team conversion assigned as character param
enemy_ref = start.t_p1Selected[i].ref
single = true
end
if single then
teamMode = start.p1TeamMode
numChars = p1NumChars
start.p1TeamMode = 0
p1NumChars = 1
setTeamMode(1, start.p1TeamMode, p1NumChars)
start.t_p1Selected = {}
start.t_p1Selected[1] = {ref = enemy_ref, pal = start.f_selectPal(enemy_ref)}
restoreTeam = true
break
end
end
end
if p2NumChars > 1 then
for i = 1, #start.t_p2Selected do
local single = false
if start.f_rivalsMatch('char_ref') and start.f_rivalsMatch('single', 1) then --team conversion assigned as rivals param
enemy_ref = main.t_selChars[start.t_p1Selected[1].ref + 1].rivals[matchNo].char_ref
single = true
elseif main.t_selChars[start.t_p2Selected[i].ref + 1].single == 1 then --team conversion assigned as character param
enemy_ref = start.t_p2Selected[i].ref
single = true
end
if single then
teamMode = start.p2TeamMode
numChars = p2NumChars
start.p2TeamMode = 0
p2NumChars = 1
setTeamMode(2, start.p2TeamMode, p2NumChars)
start.t_p2Selected = {}
start.t_p2Selected[1] = {ref = enemy_ref, pal = start.f_selectPal(enemy_ref)}
restoreTeam = true
break
end
end
end

one more step, in main.lua ctrl + f "--VS MODE / TEAM VERSUS", then paste this below "main.victoryScreen"

Code:
main.t_charparam.single = true
Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 03:07:26 am by airforce111
#1666  July 31, 2020, 08:40:12 am
    • USA
Found the problem. I'm gonna fix it soon.
Thanks for reporting it.

Go-lang logs look bloated, but man they are helpfull.

Thank you for responding so quickly. You're welcome. I love to test new features and am happy to help report issues when they arise.

I will be on the look out for the fix. I will close my bug report if all turns out well.
#1667  July 31, 2020, 12:12:32 pm
Been working on a local 4 player mode in Ikemen go. So far everything has been working out OK except for the 4 player comp stomp (4player coop mode). (Screenpack is a basic one I edited to work with this feature)

Main menu

Sub menu (Ikemen feature)

2v2 versus (Player 1 & 3 are team 1 and Player 2 & 4 are team 2)
Needed to add cursors for player 3 and 4 since most screenpacks only supply for 1 and 2

Ofcourse seeing that this is mainly focussed on local, the options screen also needed modification so player 3 and 4 can edit their buttons.
So the options screen is modified to accomodate that:

Input Options screen

Player 3 & 4 settings:

At first this feature was made with the comment K4thos made earlier to not modify the base lua files. so I tried extending the lua files (to keep the base lua files in tact) and overriding functions needed to get player 3 and 4 and also assigning them to the right teams. But coming from a Java background myself felt that the lua files needed some tune up themselves, making it more object orientated and having less global variables (to get a clearer view on where variables are being modified from). So if interested the extending version is available that keeps the base lua files in tact (a small modification is needed in main.lua to require an extend.lua file)

Workaround for online play:
So far this feature doesn't work with Ikemen's online functionality. But a workaround would be to use parsec (not sure if I am breaking TOS) your basicly streaming your PC to your friends and they can all play on Ikemen with their controller and such. Only problemen is finding which player is who :D.
Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 12:18:11 pm by X3nostar
#1668  July 31, 2020, 08:46:41 pm
  • The need situation makes the man
    • Mexico
    • www.facebook.com/mike.funkyman
ESPAÑOL

Quiero plantearles lo siguiente, por lo visto para mi ha sido dificil manipular los codigos en C+ de las librerias de sonido MIDI y adaptarlos a Golang, hablando de la parte sonora, por consiguiente ni he podido instalar FluidSynth, ni el Ym2151 ni libOPNmidi, lo que me lleva al siguiente planteamiento, la idea en su principio constaba de añadirle fluidsynth a IKEMEN GO PLUS, dicho de otro modo, las capacidades SOUNDFONT a IKEMEN, pero.... ultimamente experimentando con VSTs he notado una mejoria en el performance en mi Workflow en tiempo real, por lo tanto he notado que incluir soporte VST a Ikemen Go Plus seria un punch absoluto, y por lo que estoy analizando es diez veces mas factible añadir este soporte a Ikemen Go Plus, que añadir directamente los codigos de las librerias ya mencionadas

English

I want to tell you something, on the way to me was a very hard task to handle the C code of the MIDI Sound Headers   and adapt it to the Golang Protocol, Making on the way a total mess with FluidSynth, Ym2151 mame code and LibOPNmidi, so this makes me to another quest that is easier to develop, the first Idea was to add Midi capabilities with Fluidsynth support to add Soundfont playing on game engine, but, I at least have one hope, On these days I was experimenting with VST steinberg technologu, and I already notice a better performance on audio on real time, so that is the reason that I preffer to add VST MIDI playing support, that could be brutal helpful for Ikemen Go plus, and is ten more time more easier add this support to ikemen that add the other synth codes

Entonces, para ser mas especifico, mi idea es añadirle un VST host nativo al propio Ikemen Plus, aviso, este video fue un experimento hecho con winmugen para dar una ejemplificacion del pragmatismo de mi busqueda

So, to be more specifical, My idea is convert totally the MIDI native playing ikemen to a native VST host midi music player, so I warn you, the next video was an experiment already maded with winmugen just to show the idea on mind
Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 08:54:16 pm by Mike77154
#1669  August 01, 2020, 06:01:10 am
    • USA
Been working on a local 4 player mode in Ikemen go. So far everything has been working out OK except for the 4 player comp stomp (4player coop mode). (Screenpack is a basic one I edited to work with this feature)

Main menu

Sub menu (Ikemen feature)

2v2 versus (Player 1 & 3 are team 1 and Player 2 & 4 are team 2)
Needed to add cursors for player 3 and 4 since most screenpacks only supply for 1 and 2

Ofcourse seeing that this is mainly focussed on local, the options screen also needed modification so player 3 and 4 can edit their buttons.
So the options screen is modified to accomodate that:

Input Options screen

Player 3 & 4 settings:

At first this feature was made with the comment K4thos made earlier to not modify the base lua files. so I tried extending the lua files (to keep the base lua files in tact) and overriding functions needed to get player 3 and 4 and also assigning them to the right teams. But coming from a Java background myself felt that the lua files needed some tune up themselves, making it more object orientated and having less global variables (to get a clearer view on where variables are being modified from). So if interested the extending version is available that keeps the base lua files in tact (a small modification is needed in main.lua to require an extend.lua file)

Workaround for online play:
So far this feature doesn't work with Ikemen's online functionality. But a workaround would be to use parsec (not sure if I am breaking TOS) your basicly streaming your PC to your friends and they can all play on Ikemen with their controller and such. Only problemen is finding which player is who :D.

Local 4 Player is a great idea. I was hoping someone would make that happen. Is this something that will be integrated into Ikemen Go in the Future, or a personal project? I would like to see Local 4 Player added to the main repo when you get everything working.
#1670  August 01, 2020, 07:11:22 am
Local 4 Player is a great idea. I was hoping someone would make that happen. Is this something that will be integrated into Ikemen Go in the Future, or a personal project? I would like to see Local 4 Player added to the main repo when you get everything working.

Hi EVILED,

It is just a personal project of mine and when thinking about it would be hard to get it implemented as default, as IKEMEN go is made with proper backward compatibility and most screenpacks would not have the additions required to make this work (example: cursor animations or portrait coordinations for player 3 and 4)
#1671  August 07, 2020, 06:46:30 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
edit:
fixed my previous issues after some tampering
Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 05:59:07 am by XANDERAC
#1672  August 13, 2020, 05:08:35 am
    • USA
Created an incredibly simple unlock system modifying luas that reads how many arcade clears you've made from stats.config. 2 versions, random select placeholder and empty boxes. Characters who arent unlocked yet will not appear in random select pool (main lua). Just added "hidden" flags based on hierarchy, nothing special (hidden = 4->14). I'm sure there will be a more complex system coming. I don't think main luas are supposed to be edited lol, but maybe that's what the mods folder is for.

no unlocks, random pool are just the characters that are available

3 clears of arcade mode with some unlocks, new unlocks added to random pool

2nd version with blanks as locked characters
#1673  August 15, 2020, 03:57:19 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Hey there I was reading through the wiki about the included tag mode, but I can't find if there's a way to add assists, I wasn't sure if this was part of the tag system or if it's still best to just stick to Add004 for the time being, any help would be greatly appreciated!

That unlock system looks pretty interesting, I might see if I can implement something similar into my personal build at some point
#1674  August 17, 2020, 09:44:27 pm
  • MUGEN Enthusiast
    • USA
    • lordryu@jabber.org
Guys I need help getting IKEMEN GO to work.

For some reason when I open it, the window pops up but it's just a black screen for like 15 seconds and then it closes by itself.

I tried whitelisting the folder in Avast Antivirus (since there was a pop-up from it when I first opened IKEMEN) but it did nothing.

HELP.
#1675  August 17, 2020, 09:50:25 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Does anything pop-up in Ikemen.txt?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1676  August 17, 2020, 09:59:01 pm
  • MUGEN Enthusiast
    • USA
    • lordryu@jabber.org
Does anything pop-up in Ikemen.txt?

Some of the errors regard "GL2" which implies something to do with OpenGL.

My computer is a bit old, so I don't think OpenGL stuff works all that well on it. Is there a way to turn off those capabilities on this version of IKEMEN like there was in other versions? (Because I dunno if there's a "config.ssz" file in this version)

UPDATE: These are the starting lines of my Ikemen.log:

failed to compile #version 150 core

//vertex position
in vec2 vert;

//pass through to fragTexCoord
in vec2 vertTexCoord;

//window res
uniform vec2 resolution;

//pass to frag
out vec2 fragTexCoord;

void main() {
   // convert the rectangle from pixels to 0.0 to 1.0
   vec2 zeroToOne = vert / resolution;

// convert from 0->1 to 0->2
   vec2 zeroToTwo = zeroToOne * 2.0;

// convert from 0->2 to -1->+1 (clipspace)
   vec2 clipSpace = zeroToTwo - 1.0;

fragTexCoord = vertTexCoord;

gl_Position = vec4(clipSpace * vec2(1, -1), 0, 1);
} : Vertex shader failed to compile with the following errors:
ERROR: 0:1: '' :  Version number not supported by GL2
ERROR: 0:1: '' : syntax error #version
ERROR:  compilation errors.  No code generated.

The PC I have is a hand-me-down I got from my dad a few years ago, and it's for the most part based in Vista. Am I f**ked if I want the most updated version of IKEMEN GO?
Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 12:51:46 am by LordryuTJ
#1677  August 18, 2020, 05:09:19 pm
  • Joy-Con Men
  • Tommy Ber#5446
    • Argentina
Got a question to the devs, 1.0 will be a milestone or it will be a normal update?

I mean 1.0.0 is like "the" update when most games are out of beta and start being distributed. And now that we are at 0.95.9, I dont know if a possible renaissance is coming worthy of shouting out of the window "1.0 is here!" or if those gamechanging features are still in development.

Another question, how do the version numbers work? There is a rule for certain versions like 0.XX is an important update while 0.XX.Y its a minor one? Anyways the development looks firm and steady, so nice work everyone!
#1678  August 18, 2020, 05:53:36 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
It will be a milestone.
We will reach it when there  is no more MUGEN related compatibility problems.
Specially screenpacks we lack a lot there.

In the 0.XX.Y, 0.XX is an important update while 0.XX.Y its a minor one that usually 1 or 2 bugfixes.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 01:53:59 am by Gacel
#1679  August 18, 2020, 06:35:22 pm
And now that we are at 0.95.9, I dont know if a possible renaissance is coming worthy of shouting out of the window "1.0 is here!"
keep in mind that once version v0.99 is available it doesn't mean the next one will be v1.0. It doesn't work like that.

We're currently following convention similar to Semantic Versioning: https://semver.org/ (with leading 0 meaning that the engine does not have 100% mugen 1.1 compatibility yet)

Current versioning convention wasn't always the case considering most of these 95 appveyor builds, until recently, were prepared automatically any time new github commit was made.
Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 06:43:42 pm by K4thos
#1680  August 18, 2020, 07:18:54 pm
Created an incredibly simple unlock system modifying luas that reads how many arcade clears you've made from stats.config.
next version will support characters, stages and modes unlocking without need to edit scripts. Consider joining discord if you want to be up to date with engine developments.

airforce111 said:
I don't think main luas are supposed to be edited lol, but maybe that's what the mods folder is for.
External modules loading is also planned for next major release. As for editing lua files directly - the only reason why it's not worth it now, is due to amount of changes to lua scripts made on each release. For example in order to support more than 2 players locally, without workarounds, I had to axe and refactor large portion of start.lua code. Porting changes made for earlier iteration of scripts would be a lot of work, so it's recommended only for fullgame makers that don't mind extra work (or don't care about future compatibility with new releases). Of course once the engine stabilize feature wise local changes will be more manageable (especially if implemented via external modules, so that they don't become overwritten just by downloading the new version)

Been working on a local 4 player mode in Ikemen go.
This feature will be available in the next major release (your post inspired me to work on it actually)

Also for Arcade Mode, I know I suggested this back then in some way, but we should be able to put chars into teams akin to KOF so members of a team will be present in the same match.
this is way to specific to be something available by default with the engine via select.def parameters, imo. But the upcoming story mode/arcade paths feature will make it (and similar ideas) possible without much effort (you will have to write code for it yourself though) https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO/wiki/wip
Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 07:31:49 pm by K4thos