YesNoOk

Grandmaster Subzero MVC2  (Read 65667 times)

Started by JJkoolaid, March 06, 2021, 10:10:09 am
Share this topic:
Grandmaster Subzero MVC2
#1  March 06, 2021, 10:10:09 am
  • Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
    • USA
This project took me almost two years in the making. Editing sprites and color separation. This is a revamp for Sub-zero. If you want the previous one, I kept it available to download seperately called MVC2 Sub-zero Classic. Many moves and hypers have been deleted. I wanted to only keep the moves now that offer the most utility. I was heavily inspired by the animated MK movies that were released to make this Sub-zero. Sub-zero has his ice clones to bait and trap. Sub-zero also gains a bit of zoning moves from his grounded and aerial icicle attacks.Many new hypers have been added to this character. Some coming from the MK movies. Sub-zero most powerful move is Cryostorm. Sub-zero freezes everything the ripples touches as a hail of icicles comes raining down landing on the opponent.

Download Link that also includes other JJkoolaid characters with updated versions
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsZOw0hipnFTakZiYXCaE1COkdM?e=EdPMCM

This is my all characters previously released thread if you like characters like this:
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/jjkoolaid-collection-188730.0.html

New Version

New Version Gameplay

Classic Version

Lin Keui Temple Stage with Super Jump Edit

Download Subzero and Scorpion Super Jump  Edited Stages Here.
https://mega.nz/file/RX5T0CbS#8EdhKZZN25lVeIE-GCfFPQipIsydUWPCOZY1pC3g-JM

Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 02:44:41 pm by JJkoolaid
Re: Grandmaster Subzero MVC2
#2  March 07, 2021, 12:20:46 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
Outstanding job with him man, he's fricken awesome! He plays extremely good, and I love everything that you've done with him. He needs a little more to him to be on par with your Scorpion, but so far he is really fun and coming along really good. If I wrote all the positives, everything below would be 2-4 times bigger in size. But as for feedback/suggestions, reference spoiler.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#3  March 07, 2021, 03:31:01 am
Man that Sub Zero looks cold no pun intended and thanks for the accompanying stages
#4  March 07, 2021, 03:55:05 am
    • USA
Outstanding job with him man, he's fricken awesome! He plays extremely good, and I love everything that you've done with him. He needs a little more to him to be on par with your Scorpion, but so far he is really fun and coming along really good. If I wrote all the positives, everything below would be 2-4 times bigger in size. But as for feedback/suggestions, reference spoiler.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Thank you for your feedback!  I do intend to add more to Subzero but I wanted to release Version 1.0 to the public. As far as the walking animations I can check to see if animation is smoother but I am not a spriter. I do like them as they are. I will  take a look the other things mention to see what can be improved and polished in the next update.
#5  March 07, 2021, 03:56:49 am
    • USA
@dakidbanks Thanks! Glad you like! I like the stages too.
#6  March 08, 2021, 05:08:50 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Awesome JJ! Glad to see your still pushing things out!

1 thing I noticed was that his stance is misaligned but I think I have the fix for you. On Group 2 Index 0 Try X axis : 45 & Y axis : 107 and see how you like it. Seemed to fix the issue for me
#7  March 08, 2021, 07:19:19 am
    • USA
Awesome JJ! Glad to see your still pushing things out!

1 thing I noticed was that his stance is misaligned but I think I have the fix for you. On Group 2 Index 0 Try X axis : 45 & Y axis : 107 and see how you like it. Seemed to fix the issue for me

Thanks R@CE! Yeah I did the misaligned fix and looks better! Thank you for letting me know.
#8  March 08, 2021, 02:46:34 pm
#9  March 08, 2021, 11:48:08 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Great version of the Lin Kuei warrior bro!

I saw that Ice Blast sometimes doesn't do a follow-up. Is it intentional?
#10  March 09, 2021, 01:45:59 am
    • USA

Great version of the Lin Kuei warrior bro!

I saw that Ice Blast sometimes doesn't do a follow-up. Is it intentional?
Thanks gui0007! Ice blast is meant to be used once in combo chain. It travels faster when opponent is in get hit state. There may be triggers that keep it from working but will look into it . I plan on updating Subzero in the near future and maybe adding a new hyper and probably more fatalities.
Re: Grandmaster Subzero MVC2 Ver. 1.1
#11  May 17, 2021, 02:25:01 am
  • In-training Artist
    • Colombia
i'm liking your scorpion and subzero! i tested it and while walking, forward-low kick doesnt work
#12  May 17, 2021, 04:14:44 am
    • USA
i'm liking your scorpion and subzero! i tested it and while walking, forward-low kick doesnt work

Thank you! I am glad you like them. You asked for Subzero or Scorpion? Hold Forward low kick is only for Scorpion.
#13  May 23, 2021, 07:09:03 am
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
so will subzero be getting a some of his older supers from your cryomancer subzero, like his x ray super just like how scorpion has it
Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 07:19:38 am by EveryonesKouhai
#14  May 24, 2021, 12:13:47 am
    • USA
so will subzero be getting a some of his older supers from your cryomancer subzero, like his x ray super just like how scorpion has it

I don't plan putting the older hypers or x-ray. My plan is to add Injustice 2 Wrath Hyper into Subzero with a combination of X-ray scenes if I have time.
#15  March 18, 2023, 01:42:56 pm
    • USA
Subzero version 2.0 is now released!
#16  March 19, 2023, 01:00:01 am
I need to redownload Sub, Scorp and Spawn right?
#17  March 19, 2023, 02:34:34 am
    • USA
Yes, sir