YesNoOk

Font is looking pretty messed up (Read 13721 times)

Started by Macaulyn97, December 26, 2022, 07:24:38 pm
Share this topic:
Font is looking pretty messed up
#1  December 26, 2022, 07:24:38 pm
    • Brazil

Those are MK3 fonts in the lifebars, they're supposed to look white, but they're totally messed up. What could be causing this?
Re: Font is looking pretty messed up
#2  February 15, 2023, 09:38:40 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Normal fnt file? Either its been set up with offset colours and you're pointing at one of those. Iirc thats when its something like

Font = 2,0,8
Which is font 2 and offset the palette by 8 colours. Or the pallete for the fnt file is buggered. If its the first just swap it to 2,0,0 for example for the main colour style.

At least i think thats how that worked. One of the numbers is offset. The other is alignment. The 1st is definitely font number.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#3  February 27, 2023, 09:05:20 pm
    • Brazil
I'll give that a try later today, thanks!
Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 09:09:09 pm by Macaulyn97
#4  February 28, 2023, 03:42:13 am
    • Brazil
Okay, so I gave it a try. The p1 name thing had it 2,0,1 and the p2 name had 2,0,-1. I imagined that the third number wasn't the problem, since the font showed up the same for both players, but I changed the third number first to be sure, and as I suspected, it didn't change the colors, it moved their position. So I changed the first number instead, which didn't fix the problem but probably revealed the cause: when I set it to 0, the font was nowhere to be seen, but when I set it to 1, the font was larger, but with the correct white color, which makes me thing the font bugs out when its size goes down... I don't know where do go from there, does that mean the problem is the font and thus, I can't fix it?
#5  February 28, 2023, 03:58:47 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

You didn't change only the size, you changed to a completely different font. The way these numbers work are like this:
The first number is which font to use, the second number is the color, and the third is the alignment (left, right or center).
As Cyanide said, it's either with the palette messed up or with the wrong colors, if changing the SECOND number doesn't fix it, then it's just messed up palette. It would be better if you find the exact font file and open it with either Font Factory or Fighter Factory (depending on the file type) and show a screenshot.
#6  February 28, 2023, 06:07:32 pm
    • Brazil

Here it is. It looks fine in Font Factory.
#7  March 01, 2023, 11:30:00 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

Hmmm, I can't remember exactly but I think it has something to do with the "Color Depth" over there. Try messing with this, use a higher number. Also if it doesn't work, try to change the second number as I said before, something like 2,1,1 or 2,2,1, or even both.
#8  March 02, 2023, 03:06:56 am
    • Brazil
No change, I mean, Color Depth would make the font straight up disappear unless it was set to 1 or -1. The changing the second number seems to have no effect, I tried changing the numbers to high ones, but it really looks like nothing changes. I wondered if its a problem in the MUGEN configurations, but I never had problems with any other fonts, including the other fonts in this lifebar.
#9  March 02, 2023, 03:46:23 am
    • Brazil
So, I found a workaround that was actually better than expected. There is a set of bad non-custom MK3 lifebars whose... everything is so small they end up in the corner of the screen in game (they're made to be smaller than 640x480, even though the creator claims they're for this resolution). However, despite their size, their colors look perfectly fine, and their smaller size (with the height adjusted to stay in the middle of the lifebar) actually works perfectly for me because I like using character surnames in lifebars, and big fonts force me to only use their first name. There is the problem of the replacement fonts not having numbers, but since most MUGEN char names don't have those, I think I'll be fine for now. Regardless, thanks for the help, I wouldn't have been able to adjust the position of the "new" font if you didn't suggest the use of Font Factory to me. Here is what it looks like now:

#10  March 02, 2023, 01:39:30 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

Well... glad I could help. :P
I was going to ask if you could send me the font so I can take a look when I get home, if you still want it.
#11  March 02, 2023, 05:02:47 pm
    • Brazil