YesNoOk

New Samurai Spirits announced (Read 209367 times)

Started by Roman55, September 10, 2018, 12:58:40 pm
Share this topic:

TiE

Re: New Samurai Spirits announced
#101  February 28, 2019, 08:38:44 am
  • used the search button
    • Germany
IIRC, the rage-enhancement was there since samsho3.
I recall Kibagami to have a devastating uppercut move. Including a second swirl & a bat down with the girl's face in the fx for it.

Also I'm pretty sure the "no contest" finisher was even shown on screen & was the same for all chars in samsho4.

IMHO samsho4 was the first to break with the basic charm of the series.
Having the "no contest" move & a combo-launcher. But it allowed for extremely long ones, when additionally enraged.
Though the damage dampening on them still had the normal heavy slash being favourable on damage output against a careless opponent.

Most underrated move was the half-circle forward for parry throughout. Hope that one is still in this upcoming installment.
Using that even boosted the counter percentage..

Never got into 5 myself, so I can't tell for that one.

I also guess, the cast should have the stickies. So I hope they count in Hanzo & Galford as well & my favorite of samsho3 (felt kinda nerfed in 4) Tachibana Ukyo.

Always loved Basara myself, but always hated the move separation. Usually I played the bust setup, but loved the vanishing move & the special on normal way more. The former being rather pointless used against the CPU...
If they would bring TamTam back, that would be awesome as well.
[BGdef]
 ;Filename of sprite data
spr = stages/ ***.sff
#102  February 28, 2019, 09:08:56 am
  • For honor!
Samurai Shodown 3 didn't have rage enhanced specials. The enhanced Genjuro DP was in 4.

Also Deflects are back, as Haohmaru pulls one off on Galford in that trailer.
Iroha stripped for me
#103  February 28, 2019, 10:00:47 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
mina was a cool character in tenka. now i wanna play tenka again, i had it on the wii. wonder if theres a netplay community

TiE

#104  February 28, 2019, 10:29:53 am
  • used the search button
    • Germany
@Alpaca-San
Okay. Wouldn't have layed my hand into the fire for that, anyway.
 :yuno:
[BGdef]
 ;Filename of sprite data
spr = stages/ ***.sff
#105  February 28, 2019, 01:04:57 pm
    • Germany
I'm curious if Rera will be playnable at some point or if they just go for the "Purple Nakoruru" in that game.
#106  February 28, 2019, 03:10:43 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Honestly, it would be pretty bullshit if they didn't include the whole original cast sans Amakusa maybe, this game being set right before the first game and all.
#107  February 28, 2019, 03:30:17 pm
all this talk about samsho makes me miss the old arcade joint i used to hangout. they got a pretty decent collection too.

hope they keep some engrish dialogues for the characters , haohmaru's let's blade boogie and galford's saying hey poppy and WRECK!!!!! everytime he does his fatality..
Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 03:34:06 pm by 地獄の花
#108  February 28, 2019, 03:32:39 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
galford can be heard speaking some (i think, it sounds approximate)
#109  February 28, 2019, 03:43:24 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Now I'm curious if this game will be jump in combo friendly playing more like a CPS2 Capcom game. I remember doing  a lot of jump in combo with Haohmaru in the SNES version.

all this talk about samsho makes me miss the old arcade joint i used to hangout. they got a pretty decent collection too.

I missed the old days of 2D but SNK China has to make more money. At least they've learned their lesson not to make another inaccessible game like NBGC or SVC targeted solely to the SNK/KOF purist market.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#110  February 28, 2019, 04:10:55 pm
didn't like ngbc , but they have cool looking protags too bad their movesets are lazy and awful looking.

hope they add at least one last blade character even if it's a dlc. i'll gladly pay for it. or suzu from samsho sen.

#111  February 28, 2019, 04:13:36 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I had the same problem wiht nbc that i had with svc; it feels liek crippled kof. AOF, samsho, fatalfury , they all feel like their own games, nbc and svc feel like kof with less mobility.

Honestly, it would be pretty bullshit if they didn't include the whole original cast sans Amakusa maybe, this game being set right before the first game and all.

First time I hear that, good to know, tho I wish it was set far back enough so that they can add some characters from the prequels.
Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 04:16:46 pm by Bastard Mami
#112  February 28, 2019, 06:37:39 pm
  • For honor!
Now I'm curious if this game will be jump in combo friendly playing more like a CPS2 Capcom game. I remember doing  a lot of jump in combo with Haohmaru in the SNES version.
Jump-Ins are a fighting game thing in general, not just a capcom thing. SNK definately loves its jump-ins with KOF. Samurai Shodown is actually not an exception. Charlotte is known for doing some nasty jump-ins do to her cross-up friendly air heavy and her hefty yaccel. My Basara tactics often utilize the soul sphere and a wall jump cross-up jump heavy. Ideally, the jump heavy connects, then the Soul Sphere, and then I do another heavy which won't actually make the opponent fall because it doesn't count as doing 2 heavies in a row: meaning I have mix-ups. It's just you can't air block so you can't just attempt jump-ins whenever you want.
Iroha stripped for me
Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 06:41:46 pm by Alpaca-San
#113  February 28, 2019, 06:52:25 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
First time I hear that, good to know, tho I wish it was set far back enough so that they can add some characters from the prequels.

V was the only prequel and was set two years before the first game. This one is set between the two.
#114  February 28, 2019, 07:07:02 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
iirc, were not ukyo and nako supossed to have died in 2 and so 3 also comes before 2?
#115  February 28, 2019, 07:17:13 pm
  • For honor!
Ukyo keeps thinking he's going to die from his illness but he ends up not dying.

Nakoruru doesn't actually die so much as transcends humanity and becomes one with nature to heal it from the damage caused by Mizuki's attempt to merge earth with the demon realm. Basically, she becomes an avatar at the end of 2. She can regain her physical form during times of need such as the events of Samurai Shodown 64 and 64-2.

The timeline order goes
This upcoming one
64-2
Some terrible nightmare of a game that never actually happened.
Warriors Rage

5 Special and 6 are dream match games and not really part of the time line.
Iroha stripped for me
#116  February 28, 2019, 09:58:09 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Thanks for the timeline.

Now I want iroha to be there, if just because snk needs to sell extra merchandise.
#117  March 01, 2019, 02:01:15 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#118  March 01, 2019, 06:02:14 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
#119  March 08, 2019, 12:36:39 pm
I'm often busy with other things, so I rarely post.
New av = When SNK dropped Playmore...
#120  March 08, 2019, 09:14:27 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Looks like SNK's owners are doing this one on their own and not lending outside to publish.