YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2927610 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#341  December 07, 2014, 09:39:04 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
ALso nobody said you weren't allowed to like Carnage, but calling him a fan favorite in the same breath that you say nobody likes Modok is not just incorrect, it's laughable.
#342  December 07, 2014, 10:09:34 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
i haven't played MVC 3, but yeah he was angry about not including fan requested characters like gambit and carnage and replacing them with less known characters.
whats wrong with that?
The thing wrong with that is that if anyoen took them seriously it would stunt the growth of those games.  Modok is so famous amidst marvel fans that Toyfare had a long running comic with him. Having him fleshed out was pretty cool. One of the highlights of the game.

The fans of comics requested characters they cared about, what he wanted were characters he specifically grew up with, like cyclops, venom and lol sentinel.
Comic fans wanted Iron fist, Ghost rider, she hulk, Modok. characters they actually know. Capcom got a lot of the fan popular characters while allowing marvel to actually direct what focus should be had ( like removing the FF for "Reasons" )

You know who was completely missing and left fans puzzled? Silver Surfer. 
Both carnage and venom hadnt been in the comics for over ten years at that point.

While I'm not going to argue against She-Hulk, Iron Fist, Ghost Rider (all Characters I like AS A COMIC BOOK FAN) I'm only confused by all these fan requesting MODOK over Cable, Gambit, Cyclops, Thanos and Venom. (mind you, Cable was a main character in second coming which was going on at the time) Gambit, and Cyclops (which, I admittedly didn't read X-men at the Time) I think Cyclops was evil even back then and I Don't know what Gambit was Doing. Thanos was a main Character in the Thanos Imperative that was going on in the time. Let's not forget characters like Black Panther and Blade, who were requested by Marvel but Capcom said they would be "too similar to Taskmaster and Deadpool"

Where was MODOK during this time (2011) the MODOK in MVC3 was dead. His clone is around, but his clone doesn't look like the MODOK in MVC3, he's bald and has Spider-Legs.

ALso nobody said you weren't allowed to like Carnage, but calling him a fan favorite in the same breath that you say nobody likes Modok is not just incorrect, it's laughable.
Not sure if this comment was directed to me, But I never said that I wanted Carnage (I didn't and I didn't say that Carnage was a popular request or that he was a fan favorite) I just said he was more requested then MODOK, as I Just don't believe anyone was around requesting MODOK for MVC3 prior to his announcement.
Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 10:27:09 pm by -Whiplash-
#343  December 07, 2014, 10:36:20 pm
i didn't say that nobody likes MODOK, i don't even who he is.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#344  December 07, 2014, 10:40:07 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
I'd Also Like to say liking a character=/= wanting that character to be playable.

For Example; I like Kate Bishop Hawkeye but I wouldn't want her playable in a fighting game with limited roster space.

Not saying MODOK is QUITE that minor of a marvel character, but while I like him, I didn't want him playable.
#345  December 07, 2014, 10:44:37 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Not sure if this comment was directed to me, But I never said that I wanted Carnage (I didn't and I didn't say that Carnage was a popular request or that he was a fan favorite) I just said he was more requested then MODOK, as I Just don't believe anyone was around requesting MODOK for MVC3 prior to his announcement.

Those would think the same thing if Modok suddenly appeared, or even songbird.

Heck, if Wasp was in, it would be a shitfest as the character is about fifty years old but most wouldnt know who she is.

I also wanted Songbird and Wasp. Modok was having his own comics for a while and presenting the marvel youtube channel by then. Carnage had been dead since Sentry had ripped him in half and Venom had passed on for a long while and his symbiote was now Scorpion's . Cyclops had kinda took a backseat to wolverine so selecting wolverine, jean and Storm from the x-men made more sense than him or Cable or anyone else.
Marvel had just come out of Civil War and Annihilation and was pushing forward both the fan favorites and the characters related to those universes.

Im sure Capcom knows what it will be doing character select wise. If anything its their practices with dlc that I think might shoot them in the foot.
#346  December 07, 2014, 10:50:10 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
While I'm fine with all your points, as far as I know Jean has been dead since Grant Morrison's Run of X-men so She's definitely less relevant then Cable was, (or is).

Maybe I'm a little salty Since Cable didn't get in and I really like the character though.
#347  December 07, 2014, 10:57:50 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Jean being dead is pretty irrelevant to her importance. (especially since Marvel keeps teasing her return every year) She's still vastly more important and iconic than Cable.
#348  December 07, 2014, 10:58:50 pm
Cyclops was the LEADER of the X-Men around the time of MvC3's release, he was more than qualified to be in the game. Cable is just an awful character who shouldn't even exist.
#349  December 07, 2014, 11:00:38 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
Knowing how Morrigan ended up in UMvC3, I'd absolutely hate to see Cable in that game.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#350  December 07, 2014, 11:11:24 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Cyclops was the LEADER of the X-Men around the time of MvC3's release, he was more than qualified to be in the game. Cable is just an awful character who shouldn't even exist.

While I don't agree with your stance on Cable I was also confused as to why Cyclops was not in game at the time, I chalk it up to the fact that Cyclops has a LOT of hate on him for a long while now, whether it's because he's "lame" or "evil" or whatever, I can see why he wasn't included.

Knowing how Morrigan ended up in UMvC3, I'd absolutely hate to see Cable in that game.
Oh dear god.  I forgot about all his Lasers.

Jean being dead is pretty irrelevant to her importance. (especially since Marvel keeps teasing her return every year) She's still vastly more important and iconic than Cable.

My point actually wasn't about whether or not she was important or Iconic, it was more so about how you'd figure they'd choose characters that were actually, you know, IN the Comics at the time.
#351  December 07, 2014, 11:18:09 pm
    • USA
Whether they were appearing in a comic at the time wasn't especially relevant; indeed, many of the characters that got in weren't wearing the costumes they were currently sporting, instead reverting to an older, more iconic look (Iron Man, Iron Fist, other non Iron-based characters, like Hulk). Jean Grey is one of the most important X-Men related characters, and whose most current death was a big deal, and integral to many of the plots going on in the X-books; Carnage, by contrast, was killed off without a second thought to provide the Sentry a cheap bad-ass moment, and was essentially forgotten for 6 years. They're really not comparable.
#352  December 07, 2014, 11:22:25 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
... I was talking about Cyclops and Cable?
#353  December 07, 2014, 11:23:17 pm
    • USA
Then just ignore the last sentence! :P
#354  December 07, 2014, 11:23:51 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I would've liked War Machine, with some changes from Iron Man this time around...
#355  December 07, 2014, 11:25:22 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
I feel this topic needs a split at this point, we've gone like 2-3 pages on MVC3.
#356  December 07, 2014, 11:37:08 pm
and it's all my fault!!!
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#357  December 08, 2014, 12:04:06 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Yeah.lets talk about SFV again:

http://gematsu.com/2014/12/yoshinori-ono-discusses-street-fighter-v-leak-reaction-cross-play-concept#47hhISsBdSzUvjOF.99

"Leak

“When the leak got out, we held an emergency meeting with Sony about what to do,” Ono said with a laugh. “Today we showed off that footage of Ryu and Chun Li, right? We actually weren’t intending to show anything of the sort off today… We had planned to show it off next week in San Francisco at the Capcom Cup. But things change and it wasn’t like at this point we couldn’t show anything off at all. So we made a last minute decision to change our program and threw it on.

But that doesn’t mean next week will be all repeat.

“We still have more to show off next week, though,” Ono assured. “We’ve got more secret material lined up yet.”

Reaction

“It’s been great!” Ono said. “It’s interesting how different it can be even at similar, but different venues. Like at Comic Con, the response to specific character reveals tends to be big, but here today when it was just a general game playing audience gathered, they were wowed even just by how we’re doing cross-play between the PlayStation 4 and PC versions.

“It’s really great to be able to get something in front of people and get an immediate reaction like that. I wouldn’t mind if Sony just made this event a yearly thing moving forward. I feel it’s important that the players have events like this where they can actually participate in stuff like this. It’d be great even in Japan! (Laughs.)”

Concept

“Well, we said that we’ll have a playable demo at the Capcom Cup next week, yes?” Ono said. “I think people who haven’t played a recent Street Fighter game, but used to play the old ones, will be able to look at that and start feeling the urge to pick it up again. That’s my opinion, at least.

“And that can include people who have played II, III, even older flavors of IV. If you’re someone who used to be way into Street Fighter and was addicted to it back in the day, I’d suggest keeping an eye out for what we have to show today. I think we’re going to be able to reignate that fervor again with this game. Make people want to go out and do these things that we’ll be showing.”

PlayStation 4 and PC Cross-Play

“It is hard,” Ono said. “Up until now, we’ve just had it so each SKU’s multiplayer functionality was contained to its platform. Now we’ve got a lot of problems to tackle on our plate, especially with respect to how to prevent cheating. Of course, we don’t want to prevent players from only playing with other people on their own platform and we want to give them their own dedicated lobbies as well. We’re just trying to help bridge the community together through these efforts.”

#358  December 08, 2014, 12:05:12 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
he may have not explained his point in a better way, but i agree with him on the exclusivity thing. for such a big franchise as SF to turn exclusive is kinda weird and unusual, why would they want to cut their xbox sales? just because the xbox isn't doing well in japan? and why would sony help fund it if it's predecessor sold very well?

while I personlly do find some of Angry Joe videos funny, its a still a no, he doesn't make any real point when it comes to SF being Exclusive to PS4, Exclusive games after all gives a reason for people to buy game consoles , I wanted an Xbox one just for killer Instinct , but if the game came to the PS then is there a reason to buy an Xbox 1 ? so games can't be in every console since it well give you even less of a reason to buy them , Joe saddly fail to see it , also does it matter how big the franchise is ? in the long run it does , but would you rather have a small frenchise that no one would care about being exclusivity  for your console if you were in sony place ?
#359  December 08, 2014, 12:56:51 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Anyone wanna know why this isn't multiplat for consoles? This feels like a weird move for Capcom as it's beginning to act more like Arc-Sys in the "Screw Microsoft" type of thing.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#360  December 08, 2014, 01:07:45 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
'Cause Sony paid for it, I'd imagine.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
No one's getting out of here alive