YesNoOk

KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Akira (Read 617353 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, April 21, 2019, 02:40:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Rose
#121  July 15, 2020, 06:08:03 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Four more palettes for Rose, I keep having idea after idea lol

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#122  July 15, 2020, 09:53:27 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
All of you guys make impressive work !
#123  July 15, 2020, 05:51:18 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Guys! Thank you so much for all the palettes you're making! It makes me really happy to see my work being supported this much :) before I had to convert previously made palettes, now have way too many beautiful palettes to choose from :]

Rose update is ready, it's gonna be uploaded later today with Terry.
#124  July 16, 2020, 07:36:27 am
    • lioipaz2010@hotmail.com
MI Fio Germi

MVC2 Jill

Default Alt
Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 08:58:21 am by Rhythmness
#125  July 16, 2020, 07:52:08 pm
    • Germany
Loved that Jill palette :]
Re: KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Yun
#126  August 18, 2020, 08:37:00 pm
    • Germany
Hey guys, what's up. If you are in the MFG discord server you might know it already. For those who are not there I would like to announce that my current W.I.P. is Yun from the Street Fighter series.

Unlike my previous creations, this character will not be inspired on his CvS incarnation. He will be heavily based off SF3:3S, one of the games where he's infamously strong. He's about 50% done, with only one missing special and no super coded.

Now I would like to ask you guys for help with two palette-related things:

1) Here's a palette template for anyone that wants to contribute with colors for Yun.

2) Froz's color separated sprites were based off Buckus .sff, which didn't have all of Yun's sprites. The missing animations are very minor. On top of them, there are 8 poorly adapted SF3 that would make for a very fluid and nice intro agaisnt Yang. If any of you color separators would like to lend me a hand, would you guys be up to color separate these into the color scheme of the template? This separation is a little bit difficult for me to do it properly, as the shoes and the yellow armor on the arm/hand share colors with pants and skin respectively.

(the first two frames are almost all separated by me, only the shoes are not)

You can watch the lastest moves coded in the following videos too:
https://streamable.com/4kgs4d
https://streamable.com/60ftge

Allright, that's it. Karma out.
#127  August 18, 2020, 09:35:43 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Glad to see you giving the SF3 crew chance, and I hope the chance grows after this boy. Might try the CS thing, I'll show it if I do.

Is Wild Wolf/Garou Terry coming along OK too.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#128  August 18, 2020, 11:07:53 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Exciting I'll try and make some new palettes for him, I'm sure Yun will turn out awesome!
#129  August 19, 2020, 02:48:19 pm
    • Germany
Is Wild Wolf/Garou Terry coming along OK too.

Sadly he isn't. He's not entirely off the table but it's certainly not high priority right now, the reason being the lack of system animations. Some of them I can kinda work around, like the dodge animation being recycled from Buster Wolf:

Others are a stretch, like using the first frames of Burn Knuckle as the Power Charge, or the capcom classic of recycling light/medium normals for medium/heavy attacks.

And some are just impossible to recreate without entirely compromising the quality of the final product, such as s.MP/HP or a good Dizzy animation.

All of this being said, I have thought of a workaround to experiment with characters that have missing animations, just for functionality.

Exciting I'll try and make some new palettes for him, I'm sure Yun will turn out awesome!

#130  August 19, 2020, 05:14:40 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Is Wild Wolf/Garou Terry coming along OK too?

Sadly he isn't. He's not entirely off the table but it's certainly not high priority right now, the reason being the lack of system animations. Some of them I can kinda work around, like the dodge animation being recycled from Buster Wolf.

Others are a stretch, like using the first frames of Burn Knuckle as the Power Charge, or the capcom classic of recycling light/medium normals for medium/heavy attacks.

And some are just impossible to recreate without entirely compromising the quality of the final product, such as s.MP/HP or a good Dizzy animation.

All of this being said, I have thought of a workaround to experiment with characters that have missing animations, just for functionality.

Hm... I know you said you thought of a workaround for the lack of medium normals & stuff, but if that doesn’t work out, i was thinking: what about maybe trying to have Garou Terry using less attack buttons, like 3 or 4, instead of 6?

I know a couple authors who have tried that in some of their “POTS/CVS Style” characters. MC2’s Kula has 4 attack buttons, for one (that character does change up alot of stuff compared to most “POTS/CVS Style” characters, but the general idea is still the same, from what i can tell).

Sennou Room started some of his characters in a 3 button style, such as... I think it was Konata & Eri from Vanguard Princess? I don’t really remember all that well which ones use that style.

Then Cruz adopted that 3 button style for his Arcana Heart characters (Heart & Saki).

I know it would kind of make Wild Wolf stick out more in comparison to your characters, but he wasn’t really designed with 6 attack buttons & certain mechanics/animations in mind in the source games, unlike Rose, the CVS characters, & i think Genjuro? (I remember hearing Samurai Shodown used a pseudo 6 button style where the HP & HK attacks were done by pressing A+C or B+D, but i’m not entirely sure).

So i think it’s kind of difficult to really get around that, outside of maybe making new sprites for medium attacks & other missing animations.

(Dampir made a CVS style sprite patch for Vans’ KOF 2003/XI Wild Wolf/Garou Terry, & i believe that does have a dizzy animation, but i think that one might clash a bit with the Garou animations, at least without some edits.)

Also, CVS1/Pro was a 4 attack button fighter before they switched to 6 buttons in CVS2, so i don’t really think it’s that far off in terms of “CVS Style”, anyway.

Although i haven’t played CVS1, so i’m not really sure what major differences their are between the 2, aside from having more EX characters & less grooves.
#131  August 19, 2020, 05:38:08 pm
    • Germany
Hmmm, the whole deal for me was to adapt his Garou gameplay into CvSesque/POTS Standards, as it differs very much from pre-2003 Terry. I don't think I want to compromise that vision. It's not like I'm agaisnt 3/4 button layout, but I think I would stick to GM's version if I was limiting myself to what the source game allows me to do. Btw, I think dampir recycled sprites for the dizzy animation when making the patch for Vans Terry. There's honestly no room for negotiation with this issue, I will either do the character they way I want to or I won't do it. Wild Wolf will stay frozen for a fair amount of time unless someone hits me up wanting to make extra animations. If I ever decide to resume the project (I probably will) it wont leave open beta status unless a spriter sees what I did and wants to work over it.

Also, Genjuro is a 3-4 button character in source (Light, Medium, Heavy Slash, one kick), but SSVSP mechanics gave me a lot of versatility to fill the system requirements for CvSesque characters, as you have stuff like parry, meditation, dodge, roll, directional kicks, etc.
#132  August 19, 2020, 06:19:00 pm
    • UK
Ok, here's my bit for Yun as I said:

I did the Arm Armor and the Shoes if that's what you were aiming for.
WIP Schedule:
#133  August 19, 2020, 06:52:55 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Ok, here's my bit for Yun as I said:
I did the Arm Armor and the Shoes if that's what you were aiming for.

Looks pretty nice, Rowen.

Hmmm, the whole deal for me was to adapt his Garou gameplay into CvSesque/POTS Standards, as it differs very much from pre-2003 Terry. I don't think I want to compromise that vision. It's not like I'm agaisnt 3/4 button layout, but I think I would stick to GM's version if I was limiting myself to what the source game allows me to do. There's honestly no room for negotiation with this issue, I will either do the character they way I want to or I won't do it. Wild Wolf will stay frozen for a fair amount of time unless someone hits me up wanting to make extra animations. If I ever decide to resume the project (I probably will) it wont leave open beta status unless a spriter sees what I did and wants to work over it.

Alright, then. Sounds good.
I was just throwing out some suggestions.

Btw, I think dampir recycled sprites for the dizzy animation when making the patch for Vans Terry.

Oh, really? Then i guess that probably wouldn't work all that great, then.

I think a lot of Dampir's CVS sprite sheets are kind of low quality, to be honest.

I was just suggesting it as something that had a dizzy animation that could be used.

Also, Genjuro is a 3-4 button character in source (Light, Medium, Heavy Slash, one kick), but SSVSP mechanics gave me a lot of versatility to fill the system requirements for CvSesque characters, as you have stuff like parry, meditation, dodge, roll, directional kicks, etc.

Ah, ok. I have several SamSho ports & collections.

They're good, i just haven't really gotten into them like i have with other games.

So i don't really know a whole lot about them.
#134  August 21, 2020, 05:34:21 pm
    • Germany
Thanks a lot, Rowen!
#135  August 21, 2020, 05:51:40 pm
    • UK
I was afraid that what I did wasn't enough for ya'. Not a problem buddy.
WIP Schedule:
#136  August 22, 2020, 05:30:36 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
#137  August 22, 2020, 07:21:47 pm
    • USA
Alpha Chun-Li

#138  August 23, 2020, 02:21:30 am