YesNoOk

Overwatch thread (Read 549601 times)

Started by DelusionTrim, June 09, 2016, 08:46:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Overwatch thread
#41  June 11, 2016, 06:27:23 am
    • USA
I suggest you to start with your treatment then, otherwise you might not be alive by the time the patch rolls out  :mlol:

But yeah, there isn't that much merit to winning when you go for the most broken characters in the game to begin with.
#42  June 11, 2016, 06:30:44 am
  • One Winged Angel
  • yeah, same.
    • UK
    • Skype - shane.asakura
Winning is winning, I'd argue that fact but I'd rather use this post for productivity.

But saying "tryhard" makes you look like a kid who cant take losing and pretends he's a "Casual gamer".
#43  June 11, 2016, 06:51:53 am
    • USA
You sure get a lot of impressions over a single word. That is assuming that I actually lose against Widowmakers all the time and I'm not actually just criticizing the character for being quite unbalanced on PC. I actually wish she was more in line with the rest of the cast, just so I can pick her without that meaning the shut down the entire enemy team unless they pick another widowmaker.

But yeah, let's be productive in a thread related to a team based FPS game by talking about AIDS. Because getting AIDS after reading text is much better than using the word tryhard. We should stop here before you get hemorrhoids next, they're a pain in the ass.
#44  June 11, 2016, 11:56:59 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Or just sic Winston against her like I probably said before.
#45  June 11, 2016, 03:22:15 pm
    • USA
Useless. Winston's head is too big. Assaulting a good Widowmaker face to face is stupid, she will definitely kill you before you kill her by dealing constant headshots with her SMG + using the venom mine on you before you kill her with his weak tesla cannon. and that's without counting with her shooting a fully charged sniper shot on you before you reach her.

You can push her away from her sniper point but she'll still destroy your team unless you actually kill her and give your team a breathing room.
#46  June 11, 2016, 03:43:24 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
If you're worried about headshots, you can turn your head during your leap and there's no way a Widowmaker would ever kill a Winston with her assault rifle through armor and shields before he killed her. It's a viable counter in pugs.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#47  June 11, 2016, 05:22:25 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Lucio is the true counter to Widowmaker  :mlol:

(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#48  June 11, 2016, 05:26:08 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I have no problem dealing with Widowmaker as Mei.  Throw up a wall to throw off her aim, and then pop her with an icicle while she's repositioning.
#49  June 11, 2016, 07:24:16 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Useless. Winston's head is too big. Assaulting a good Widowmaker face to face is stupid, she will definitely kill you before you kill her by dealing constant headshots with her SMG + using the venom mine on you before you kill her with his weak tesla cannon. and that's without counting with her shooting a fully charged sniper shot on you before you reach her.

You can push her away from her sniper point but she'll still destroy your team unless you actually kill her and give your team a breathing room.
Winston can survive her. His weapon wrecks her aiming by making her flinch like crazy which helps with dealing with her already inaccurate SMG. If Winston gets close, she's dead.
It's also the competitive counter.
#50  June 11, 2016, 07:53:31 pm
I've been seeing a lot of Junkrats as of late, seems like there's one in every match I'm in... sometimes there's even two of them in a team. Did someone do really well with him in a tournament or something? I don't remember seeing so many of them before.

It's quite getting on my nerves too... he's quite annoying to deal with from close, also I keep forgetting he drops bombs when he dies, I can't tell the number of times I got killed because of that.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#51  June 11, 2016, 09:13:49 pm
    • USA
Junkrat is pretty easy to use so no wonder you see at least one per match. You just click and click and the grenades eventually hit someone. His floor trap is also damn annoying, I probably only see them like 1/4 of the time.

He's a great defense character overall often forcing me to change my character because no one else on my team deals with him :/
#52  June 15, 2016, 12:11:03 am
    • USA
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745235963

New patch nerfed widowmaker's damage (Headshot damage is still the same though) so Zenyatta (And Tracer) is no longer 1 shot with a mere charged body shot. Her ult also charges 10% slower.

McCree's alt fire is also weaker so he can no longer take down tanks as easily as before. He can reload again sooner now though.
Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 12:15:20 am by /Red/
#53  June 15, 2016, 06:05:49 am
Great so now I can play Zenyatta without encountering a Widowmaker who can kill me in one shot... I still feel he should have 200 health though.

McCree's nerf was inevitable... goodbye me killing near full health Reinhardts with Peacekeeper. At least it's still useful especially with the faster reload.

On the topic of balance changes, someone please educate me on Reaper because I'm clueless right now... am I coming off as a scrub for thinking he may be so damn powerful? Just this last weekend I literally found out he has 250 health and can heal himself every time he kills someone (+50)... now wonder it' so hard to kill this bastard, with the insane damage he does I just feel helpless whenever I face someone that plays him.
Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:11:57 am by DelusionTrim
#54  June 15, 2016, 09:44:17 am
    • Puerto Rico
Reaper is a character that needs to be in close range to be effective. His abilities are tailored for a flanking style which is what he must do because his guns ain't going to be killing anyone that's far away.

Keep your distance and pay attention if he teleports since he does speak when an Enemy Reaper teleports nearby. He can be killed as he's coming out of his teleport.
#55  June 15, 2016, 11:11:51 pm
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
I'm deliberating on a PS4 sale since it turns out Overwatch nukes my PC pretty hard -- doesn't help that it mandates a video card threshold, either.

Scratch what I mentioned here; I just got myself a juicy desktop with an i7 processor and a 4GB Nvidia card. Now I can truly see into the light for the first time.

Feels rather surreal, that.
#56  June 16, 2016, 12:41:01 am
    • USA
Re: Overwatch thread: Chinese Edition (Seriously, WTF China)
#57  June 16, 2016, 01:02:33 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
No shame AT ALL. WTF China? Everything look so choppy and slow, they changed a lot of core stuff about it. Was it just me, or did Not-Widowmaker's Ult worked different?
Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 01:13:02 am by R565
#58  June 16, 2016, 01:16:42 am
    • USA
I like how the only physical change done to Widowmaker was to give her bigger boobs.
#59  June 16, 2016, 06:21:38 am
    • USA
#60  June 16, 2016, 06:32:50 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Holy crap in a pot, this will make history if Overwatch can surpass it.