YesNoOk

Street Fighter - General Brainstorming topic - (Read 124514 times)

Started by FeLo_Llop, March 19, 2014, 12:13:32 am
Street Fighter - General Brainstorming topic -
#1  March 19, 2014, 12:13:32 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Hi, this project came from Felo_Llop's idea (look below) of making a new Street Fighter mugen full-game.
Meant as a Mugen Fighter Guild collab, this can be considered as a way to teach people how to create for this fighting game engine.
This topic is for general brainstorming, it can be used for poll and whatnot. Check the other topics for more detailed informations about characters, gameplay mechanics etc. .

Users who have access to the dropbox folder:
Alex Sinigaglia
Renzo F
Just No Point
SageHarpuiaJDJ

Original topic title: Street Fighter
Original post by Felo_Llop in the spoiler.

Spoiler: Felo's original post (click to see content)
I swear there was something cool here!!
Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 05:50:20 am by Just No Point
Re: Street Fighter
#2  March 19, 2014, 12:20:12 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
well even if i suck at coding and spriting I fully support that project
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#3  March 19, 2014, 12:21:33 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Hi dude! I'm happy to see you again here o/

About a final boss, can I suggest one? Gill. He deserves more attention xD

EDIT: Or uses Bison, but I noticed you want to bring back some nostalgic elements from original SF2 [Like the "burn state" you said], so I suggest to bring back Bison.

Spriting suggestion: Bison with mix spriting from SFZ2 and SF2/CVS with Cape [To fit more with classic Bengus artworks from SUPER SF2 arc]
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 12:25:18 am by マスターアサシン
#4  March 19, 2014, 12:26:26 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
i think gill could and there is some cvs sprite for him
also felo do you have an idea on the stage and the roster personnaly i think it could be cool if every char could have their own stage
good luck buddy
#5  March 19, 2014, 12:28:15 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
I could and would support a project like that with the help of my fighting games fan art community on dA. Recently we put sf2 portraits together for fun

And i bet that not a few people from there would like to be part of a great SF Mugen Project through images drawn for something like that.

Final Boss? Mighty Bison of course!
#6  March 19, 2014, 12:41:56 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Sounds interesting but you need to make sure not to underestimate the workload. It all sounds good on paper, but the actual implementation is what prevents a lot of similar projects from getting off the ground. That said, it's always interesting when projects like this are attempted, so good luck with it.

Final Boss should be Gill of course.
#7  March 19, 2014, 01:52:53 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Just titling it Street Fighter it could start off with SF1. Then add in SF2, SFA, SF3, SF4?

To simplify your game system ideas you could have an ism from each game. SF1 would be unique as it could be more inspired by KOF with runs, Desperations, sidesteps, etc

As more characters are added the game could go through a set story in arcade.

Order
1-10 = SF1-Sagat would be number 10, beating him triggers an ending
11-20 = SFA-Bison would be 20, triggers and ending
21 - 30 = SF2-Akuma is the boss? Another Bison?
31 - 40 = SF3-Gill is boss final ending

If SF4 is made insert 10 before SF2 and watch the story go to hell =p Seth would be boss
#8  March 19, 2014, 03:11:36 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Felo this sounds good,  I wish you would of had this idea sooner before
I started my project.

But if your serious and want to do this hit me up,  I always work on
more than 1 thing and I wont mind helping you out coding or whatever.

Yo those big ports are awesome!
#9  March 19, 2014, 11:14:13 am
Seth and Vega (Dictator) as mid bosses, Gill as the final one.

I'm happy to see the character won't have a power charge, I'm tired of it.

I'm not sure about implementing both the focus and the parry; it would be cool, but think that you would only use the parry over the focus: with the parry you don't receive damage, with focus you can (although you recover a bit of health after that)... I don't know honestly.
#10  March 20, 2014, 12:11:39 am
Thanks for the replies, people :) I didn't know if it's possibe in mugen, but saw something like that in the Avengers vs X-Men game. So I'm happy as Hell.

As there are fans of Dictator, Gouki or Gill, it wouldn't be fair at all choosing one of them as final boss. Instead, maybe making a new final boss could do the cut. It could be Pandora, is a simple design: nude girl ALL in black+red eyes+white hair. Done. Just add the glowing tattoos, etc.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I know it's...A LOT, but maybe making a small beta with 6 characters for seeing if it's possible to do. By the moment, not putting "Not-done" characters(Joe, Geki, Rufus, etc). That would delay and make this impossible, so, is a "should wait-let's see...".

The -ISM thing was something I thought too. Mostly because some things share the same commands(Leap Attack and Focus, as example), so that could interefere in te gameplay.

Thanks for your time people!! Have a nice day!!
#11  March 20, 2014, 12:17:16 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Where putting the previous bosses? Maybe something as a minigame could do the cut....Phase 1 could be "inside Shadaloo". DOLLS squad attacking and as soon as Round 2 arrives, you directly fight against Dictator. Phase 2 could be the same, with Twelve "squadron" and Gill for the 2nd round. I know it sounds crazy.

A transmorph code-between-rounds like Xslaught's did with his Onslaught and Abyss, could be useful.
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#12  March 20, 2014, 12:43:29 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
well maybe gill could be playable also the pandora thing sound pretty interesing
hope you find someone to help you
#13  March 20, 2014, 03:55:56 pm
Yes, that's the code I was thinking in :)!!

Also, this is the QUICK, SIMPLE and CLEAN Pandora's design:

Of course, the "evil" version would have glowing tattoos.

PS: Yes, I know it's not an ellaborated design but hey Ryu :P!
#14  March 20, 2014, 04:08:55 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Love the design, Felo.

Simple, yet very effective... Can't wait to see this concept come together.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#15  March 20, 2014, 04:28:53 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
Welp... so much for being on exactly the same page as far as Pandora goes.
Spoiler: :( (click to see content)
#16  March 20, 2014, 04:44:19 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
cool felo maybe something like unknow in tekken tag first round you face ingrid and the second round you face her pandora mode
like unknow/jun kazama
good luck
#17  March 20, 2014, 05:47:38 pm
Thanks people! I was inspired by "Tekken's angel+Gouken's stance+hey, I'm a floating lady". By the way, not sure if making a pants lke those or changing them for a skirt.

@[Judas]: I had that design in mind and translated it into pixels....yes, it was fully black for skin, and the white outlines making the silouette, but wasn't happy with the result. I'll post it later :)!
#18  March 20, 2014, 06:22:08 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Awesome you brought this to life, hope you get lots of support, I could probably help with some additional animations.
By the way in the SF3 games before 3rd Strike, the Leap Attack/Overhead Attack was imputted with down, down+medium attack.
So if you go with that, it won't interfere with Focus Attack.
Btw there's a LOT of added basic stuff, I'm pretty sure a bunch of it would need to get scrapped ;)

Starting with SF1 would be nice, but like you said there's the problem of not having all of those character's sprites done in CvS style and would delay the project a lot. But I agree it would be nice if the releases would be like 10 chars from a 'saga', then get feedback and fix/enhance those characters.  Then when it's pretty finalized, the next saga chars could be worked on.
Since there are no SF1 chars sprites in CvS, I would suggest doing a mixture of SF1/2/3/4 saga charcters and New Challengers/SFEX/SFA characters for each package/release.
The first package would have (for example) Ryu, Ken, Gen, Birdie, Sagat (final boss) from SF1, with Guy, Cody, R.Mika, Rolento, Sodom added from SFZ.
The second package could add Chun-Li, Guile, Boxer, Claw, Dictator (new/stronger final boss) from SF2, with Sakura, Cammy, Skullomania (sprites made by SeanAltly), DeeJay, Fei-Long from SFEX/SSF2. These are just suggestions from the top of my head though.

Anyway, it depends if you want to make this game sort of a re-telling of the SF1/2/3/4 stories, or simply a 'Dream Match'.
I am not sure if it really needs a new final boss, I would say the focus should go on the unique animations that will be added to make the game feel unique (such as the unique throw-recoveries for each character and perhaps new Ultra Combos).
Oh also what about the Overhead Attack from SFEX? Basicly it was a slow, unblockable attack that cost 1 superbar, but when it landed it stunned the enemy for quite a while. Yes I do love me some SFEX, not afraid to admit it.

Not sure about the inclusion of Isms, sounds like a lot of extra work to me.

Anyway, those are my two cents :) Good luck!

ps. Yes those portraits would be sexy :D
Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 06:25:50 pm by Balthazar
#19  March 20, 2014, 07:44:07 pm
#20  March 20, 2014, 08:24:54 pm
    • Peru
I think adding too much game mechanics would ruin the idea. Maybe chosing a few ones that could work together is the best path. For example, I think adding focus and parrying could be a bit redundant, since they work as a defensive measure (for the most part).

Maybe we could take every game mechanic found on every SF game (or take borrowed a few from other games), categorize them and select the ones that seem more interesting:

Movement options:
Run
Dash
Air Dash

Defensive options:
Air Block
Parrying
Just Defense
Focus

Offensive options:
Supers
Ultras