YesNoOk

Some stages, I guess. (41) (Read 6423 times)

Started by N., April 19, 2022, 08:54:06 pm
Share this topic:

N.

Some stages, I guess. (41)
New #1  April 19, 2022, 08:54:06 pm
The hard drive to my ancient computer was visited by bad clusters and finally the click of death.  I was writing up a post in notepad++ and preparing to release most of whatever I was working on in it's current form, but even to the end I drug my feet.
So this is actually a non-release stage release thread and you get nothing.  Goodbye.

Ok, I'm lying about the last part.  I was smart enough to not leave anything important on that hard drive (although I'm limited with what I'd like to do on this computer ATM, since it's a cheap replacement).  So, here's a (mostly) copy/paste that I added some stuff to.  Would've been nice if I didn't end up massively dragging my feet on posting this because I'm no longer racing the clock, but better late then never, I guess.

My computer's currently slowly dying, so I figured it'd be best to do this while I'm able to.  I wanted to do a proper release of these, but who knows when or if that was ever going to happen. 
SNES, NDS, and GBA stages are upscaled through MUGEN (unless otherwise specified).  If there appears to be gaps around pieces of these stages, tweak the numbers ever so slightly until it looks right (blame MUGEN.  Or me.  But it's totally MUGEN's fault).
Most of these are complete.  I did and redid these on and off over the years as I learned how to not suck at doing things as much.  Considering I made them, they will have issues with them.
My stage names are all over the place.  Some follow a theme until they don't, and some have weird filenames because I got bored (the links aren't them).  They also come with .oggs, with most of them edited so they'll loop in MUGEN (support the official release, or something :p).  They may have issues as well.
I tested some of them in IKEMEN GO a while back, and they seemed ok.  I even tried to give them stage thumbnails.

Spoiler: 1 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 2 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 3 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 4 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 5 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 6 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 7 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 8 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 9 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 10 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 11 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 12 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 13 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 14 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 15 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 16 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 17 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 18 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 19 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 20 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 21 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 22 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 23 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 24 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 25 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 26 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 27 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 28 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 29 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 30 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 31 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 32 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 33 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 34 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 35 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 36 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 37 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 38 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 39 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 40 (click to see content)
Spoiler: 41 (click to see content)
1 Last Updated: 4/19/23
2 Last Updated: 1/16/21
3 Last Updated: 04/20/23
4 Last Updated: 7/16/17
Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 06:16:02 am by N.
Re: Some stages, I guess.
#2  April 20, 2022, 06:02:20 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Digging these, bro. The Contra bridge is dope. Love the use of offset link on the floor. The Earthbound vs The Ghost of Starman is especially trippy. lol

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 06:13:45 pm by Vegaz_Parrelli
#3  April 20, 2022, 06:39:12 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
That Metroid stage is like something out of a tech demo. :2thumbsup: Some feedback:

- Call me lazy but your stages need too much work to set up. ;P You could at least fill the BGM fields. Also don't write any directory in the sff file location (i.e. "spr= SM-MPR.sff") so you can put the stage in any (sub)folder you want
- I noticed that the foreground transparency works in 1.1 but not 1.0
- It has the same problem as my Comix Zone stage, which is hiding most lifebars
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.

N.

#4  April 20, 2022, 10:39:52 pm
Vegaz_Parrelli: Thanks.  Heh, it'd probably be easier to list the battle BG's that aren't trippy from that game. 

PotS:  Thanks.  I actually didn't know that.  Wanna hear something funny?  I was originally gonna set the music up like you said, but then I talked myself out of it ("what if the person would rather listen to The Battle of Lil' Slugger instead of Wandering Ghosts?"). 

I went through and fixed everything (the ones with 2 choices for music have one of the choices disabled with a semicolon.  I hope). 

Edit: Except for the transparency thing >_< (Blackjack method).  I'm currently making a solid black version of the sprites to layer underneath, which should hopefully accomplish the same thing (until the character does something to disable the foreground layer). Ok, I did the thing.  Hopefully that takes care of it.

I've added 3 more stages.  There's a bit of lore with these.  I started poking through the RAM to games because of 10.  24 and 27's around when I finally started using Artmoney.
Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 08:48:52 pm by N.

N.

Re: Some stages, I guess. (39)
#5  May 28, 2022, 08:48:27 pm
Bumping to let you know I've added 30 stages to the initial 9 (for some reason I was worried about whether or not if I'd hit the data limit for mediafire.  I've since decided to not worry about it.).  If I do/redo any more, they'll probably be in their own thread.
#6  May 28, 2022, 10:43:43 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
The technicals on your stages never fail to amaze me. :buttrox:

I think you could easily make some large, super jump stages out of those with tiling. I did a quick test with Marx's stage (nice timing by the way) and it turned out great.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.

N.

New #7  May 30, 2022, 10:51:39 am
Thanks.  I'm amazed they turned out as decent as they did. :p

I've added some .defs with extended bounds for those stages (they may or may not need further tweaking.  I just changed the bounds to -320/320/-240).  They have an x at the end of the name.

Edit: Updated Bloodstorm Eye Alt, because it turns out I'm an idiot, and not only messed up the posadds, one of the layers had velocity in addition to the posadd (because that's always a great idea).  I may at some point move the last 2 stages into a new thread, since I don't know if anyone noticed them.  It depends on if I ever get around to finishing up this 3rd stage.
Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 06:18:44 am by N.