YesNoOk

Street Fighter All-Stars (Anniversary Edition coming soon) (Read 243369 times)

Started by RagingRowen, January 31, 2021, 05:25:15 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter All-Stars (Character 11: Ingrid)
#101  November 17, 2021, 04:17:22 am
    • Indonesia
Wow... Finally you make fullgame. :)
Great!!!
#102  November 17, 2021, 12:19:32 pm
    • Indonesia
Already tried your game. Here are my feedbacks:

1. Air Guard and Parry make the gameplay too defensive and cpu AI becomes annoying. Can you remove them, please? :)
2. Character size are too big on stage. I know that is caused by unmatched aspect ratio between char(4:3) and stage(16:9). It makes the gameplay not comfortable. I don't know what the best solution for it. Maybe editing all chars aspect ratio to match the stage or make the stage zoomable.
3. Can you place command throw to LP+LK same like standard Street Fighter gameplay? I know it had been used for another purpose on your game but after I played it is rarely used in game. So I think it is better to put it on LP+LK.
4. Character small portrait on select screen is still not nice.
5. Some texts font are too small or missed like power bar and continue select screen.

OK, I will try to play again your game.
Thank you... :)
#103  November 17, 2021, 12:33:59 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Already tried your game. Here are my feedbacks:

1. Air Guard and Parry make the gameplay too defensive and cpu AI becomes annoying. Can you remove them, please? :)
2. Character size are too big on stage. I know that is caused by unmatched aspect ratio between char(4:3) and stage(16:9). It makes the gameplay not comfortable. I don't know what the best solution for it. Maybe editing all chars aspect ratio to match the stage or make the stage zoomable.
3. Can you place command throw to LP+LK same like standard Street Fighter gameplay? I know it had been used for another purpose on your game but after I played it is rarely used in game. So I think it is better to put it on LP+LK.
4. Character small portrait on select screen is still not nice.
5. Some texts font are too small or missed like power bar and continue select screen.

OK, I will try to play again your game.
Thank you... :)

I'm fine with Parries but I may get rid of Air Guard if it's easy to do.
I'd look into the character sizes, but they'll look too small compared to the stages if I do so. I'm also not keen on adding zoom.
2P/2K is used in SF Alpha 3 and I actually plan on giving all P+Ks to Rages and Alpha Counters.
The powerbar text is also just what was included in the lifebar. I can try simplifying to just the gauge and level number if you prefer that.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#104  November 17, 2021, 11:54:34 pm
    • Indonesia

I'm fine with Parries but I may get rid of Air Guard if it's easy to do.
I'd look into the character sizes, but they'll look too small compared to the stages if I do so. I'm also not keen on adding zoom.
2P/2K is used in SF Alpha 3 and I actually plan on giving all P+Ks to Rages and Alpha Counters.
The powerbar text is also just what was included in the lifebar. I can try simplifying to just the gauge and level number if you prefer that.
Removing air guard is very easy. You can see on the chars on my fullgame.

That will be big problem if char size issue can't be fixed because it ruins the gameplay comfortable. That is why finally I choose to use 640x480 stage on my fullgame because I don't have better solution for it.

Would you consider to remove super jump too? Because it is annoying playing on fixed unzoomable stage. :)

Thank you...
#105  November 18, 2021, 01:06:33 am
    • UK
Removing air guard is very easy. You can see on the chars on my fullgame.

That will be big problem if char size issue can't be fixed because it ruins the gameplay comfortable. That is why finally I choose to use 640x480 stage on my fullgame because I don't have better solution for it.

Would you consider to remove super jump too? Because it is annoying playing on fixed unzoomable stage. :)

Thank you...

I'll look into the Air Guard thing for a future update.

It's a bit too late to do the size thing though since I'm 720p which I'm trying to be a sucker for. Zoom also didn't work properly on stages like Akuma's.

I've actually already removed Super Jump, but I assume there's still characters that have it, right? Will fix soon.
WIP Schedule:
Re: Street Fighter All-Stars
#106  November 18, 2021, 06:09:44 pm
    • UK
Alex Trailer just dropped!

He's still in need of both polishing and a stage (Something subway related like in 3rd Strike) before I feel like dishing out the next update.
WIP Schedule:
Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 06:56:23 pm by RagingRowen
#107  November 18, 2021, 06:46:33 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
OH WOW!!!!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#108  November 18, 2021, 06:55:47 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
He looks great!
I'm curious about the character base.
#109  November 18, 2021, 08:39:49 pm
    • UK
WIP Schedule:
Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 08:47:13 pm by RagingRowen
#110  November 18, 2021, 09:34:52 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
#111  November 19, 2021, 12:05:07 am
    • Netherlands
Alex is looking good RR!
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#112  November 19, 2021, 04:49:30 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Alex looks great!
#113  November 19, 2021, 12:33:15 pm
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
I downloaded the game from youtube, put training mode and less than 30 secs I discovered Ken is missing a frame/sprite with one of his crouching punches, he just disappears.

Didnt test anymore because it felt incomplete so I would want to wait for another play/test.
            Zorf Giudecca
#114  November 19, 2021, 12:42:13 pm
    • UK
I downloaded the game from youtube, put training mode and less than 30 secs I discovered Ken is missing a frame/sprite with one of his crouching punches, he just disappears.

Didnt test anymore because it felt incomplete so I would want to wait for another play/test.

Well it's a WIP so it will obviously be incomplete.

I've already fixed that missing frame though, thanks for the point-out.
WIP Schedule:
Street Fighter All-Stars (Character 12: Alex)
#115  November 21, 2021, 11:01:34 pm
    • UK
Alex Update released. Same link as before.

- Alex added (Still lacks stage & AI).
- Victory Screen started.
- Unique Congratulations text at the end of Arcade Mode.
- Added End Credits.
- Haggar's Theme changed.
Ryu & Akuma:
- Added code for most normal animations playing past the hitpause.
Ryu:
- Kaze no Ken stuns for longer.
Ken:
- Fixed Crouch LP animation.
Akuma:
- Stand Close HP animation changed.
Haggar:
- Slight AI added (Missing a fair amount of moves)
- Hoodlum Launcher has increased recovery upon miss.
WIP Schedule:
Re: Street Fighter All-Stars (Character 12: Alex)
#116  November 24, 2021, 07:54:16 am
    • Indonesia
Another feedback for gameplay system.

Because level 3 super require 3 buttons pressed, it becomes an issue on mugen because mugen doesn't have hotkey for multiple buttons and also pressing 3 buttons is not possible on keyboard.
My suggestion is super level is depended on which button pressed like Alpha 3 or CVS games.

As your planned for using MP+MK for tag system, sorry if I am not convenient with that because historically Street Fighter is 1vs1 game. :)
My suggestion is LP+LK for throw, MP+MK for counter system, and HP+HK for rage. You can use 2P/2K for wake up system and EX moves like SFV.

Keep it up, bro... :)
Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 03:40:38 pm by yudhiyou
#117  November 24, 2021, 09:13:09 am
    • UK
Another feedback for gameplay system.

Because level 3 super require 3 buttons pressed, it becomes an issue on mugen because mugen doesn't have hotkey for multiple buttons and also pressing 3 buttons is not possible on keyboard.
My suggestion is super level is depended on which button pressed like Alpha 3 or CVS games.

As your planned for using MP+MK for tag system, sorry if I am not convenient with that because historically Street Fighter is 1vs1 game. :)
My suggestion is LP+LK for throw, MP+MK for counter system, and HK+HK for rage. You can use 2P/2K for wake up system and EX moves like SFV.

Keep it up, bro... :)

That keyboard thing is probably just an issue with yours. I may or may not add a shortcut for it, maybe P+K?
I also don't like the Alpha 3 button idea since that only worked because each super had 3 separate levels.
It would also be too specific since Shinkuu Hadouken would have to be done with x while Shin Shoryuken would need to be done with c. See what I mean?

And the plan for P+K is that it's for Rage and Alpha Counter in general. I've kinda scrapped due the Tag System and I couldn't think of another SF mechanic that would be easy to implement.
WIP Schedule:
#118  November 27, 2021, 01:17:28 pm
    • Indonesia
That keyboard thing is probably just an issue with yours. I may or may not add a shortcut for it, maybe P+K?
I also don't like the Alpha 3 button idea since that only worked because each super had 3 separate levels.
It would also be too specific since Shinkuu Hadouken would have to be done with x while Shin Shoryuken would need to be done with c. See what I mean?
No, that is not what I meant. Example for shinkuu hadoken because it is level 1 super then it can use any P button(x/y/z). You don't need to create level 2 or 3 shinkuu hadoken. Just leave it as level 1 super. For shin shoryuken as level 3 super it can also use any K button(a/b/c) as long as super gauge has been reached level 3. So they are only different on the command move. Shinkuu hadoken is qcf, qcf + any P and shin shoryuken is qcf, qcf + any K. That is how Alpha 3 and CVS games super work.
#119  November 27, 2021, 01:28:01 pm
    • Indonesia
Can I modify one of your char game to show you my gameplay system idea and give it to you privately?
#120  November 27, 2021, 01:31:10 pm
    • UK
No, that is not what I meant. Example for shinkuu hadoken because it is level 1 super then it can use any P button(x/y/z). You don't need to create level 2 or 3 shinkuu hadoken. Just leave it as level 1 super. For shin shoryuken as level 3 super it can also use any K button(a/b/c) as long as super gauge has been reached level 3. So they are only different on the command move. Shinkuu hadoken is qcf, qcf + any P and shin shoryuken is qcf, qcf + any K. That is how Alpha 3 and CVS games super work.

I increased the buttons required for each level to make them more separate and so you somehow don't waste all your power by accident. I dunno how to describe it, but I just don't like using 1 attack button for MAX/Level 3 supers.

Can I modify one of your char game to show you my gameplay system idea and give it to you privately?

I'm not particularly interested, but you can give it a shot and maybe I'll cave in.
WIP Schedule: