YesNoOk

Blazblue Cross Team Battle Tournament (Season 1) (Read 695061 times)

Started by extravagant, April 22, 2021, 01:23:15 am
Share this topic:
CvS2 vs POTS Tournament--- Sign up NOW!!
#41  April 13, 2022, 10:10:58 am
    • USA
CvS2 vs POTS Tournament--- Sign up NOW!!

Hello all, we are very pleased to announce our second CvS2 vs POTS tournament this Saturday. Featuring classic POTS system chars by POTS, KarmaC, Jmorphman, RagingRowen, Trololol, and more!

It's called CvS2 vs POTS for simplicity sake. I know POTS himself wants us to stop calling it POTS style and just call it Mugen style :o

In any case, please consider joining and register on challonge:

https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/ibbFlHJGtt
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
CvS2 vs POTS -- SURPRISE 1st place prize?!?!
#42  April 13, 2022, 05:56:12 pm
    • USA
If you can win this tournament, you may be honored and fortunate enough (like I was the first time around) and win a character you want made by none other than the honorable KC! We hope to see you fight hard should you be interested. (you should)

Thanks to RagingRowen for these nice logos!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Re: CvS2 vs POTS Tournament--- 1st Place Winner SPECIAL PRIZE!!
#43  April 15, 2022, 01:22:38 pm
Who is "Attitudeindicator" who registered on the challonge link for the tournament? If "AttitudeIindicator" or someone who know him see this message pls answer to tell me how I can contact him or add me on discord: Xanxus75#0172
Every peoples who register for UMT tournaments have to be on the server to keep the track of all informations and also for the tournament day (Bracket evolution, chat...)
#44  April 17, 2022, 12:24:11 am
    • USA
If attitudeindictator doesnt contact us so we give him the information to find the players, we will have to disqualify him.

The house, my friends, is packed tonight. It'll be a full show in tomorrow's stream!
#45  April 30, 2022, 10:13:23 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
Alright Y'all sorry for the long delay for the stream that was supposed to happen a minute ago, so TODAY AT 3 PM PDT/6 PM EST will be the official time for the tournament stream for CVS2 VS POTS. Y'all do not want to miss this one! A lot of solid players showcased their fighting game skills to compete at the top!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGAw02U2bQoMQQPDE52QdSg will be the channel hosting the stream with me and JTheSaltyy duo commentating as well!

Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 10:20:11 pm by Bluekuma
#46  May 01, 2022, 12:04:10 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
#47  May 01, 2022, 08:46:50 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
Here is the full tournament stream, almost 6 hours long of competitive Ikemen/mugen matches
#48  May 01, 2022, 09:04:37 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I passed by during the live to have a look at you guys.
Looks pretty fun.

But I'm not sure I would have enough skills to win even 1 round.
Particularly considering that some of these characters versions are absolutely unknown for me :)
#49  May 01, 2022, 12:02:38 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I get that it's to stay out of the way of the CvS2 power bars, but that's a really bad position and size for the default powerbars. Since you're using Ikemen you could use a larger power bar and edit the CvS2 chars to hide it.

Also sorry to go off on a tangent here, but how big is online Mugen/Ikemen? Back then I always thought that would've been the biggest game changer ever.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#50  May 02, 2022, 11:36:31 pm
    • USA
I passed by during the live to have a look at you guys.
Looks pretty fun.

But I'm not sure I would have enough skills to win even 1 round.
Particularly considering that some of these characters versions are absolutely unknown for me :)

Thanks, just your support and viewership is good enough. I do recommend playing some day, as that will help you in your creation process and also many other fields. Until then, just watching us, we appreciate and welcome you.

I get that it's to stay out of the way of the CvS2 power bars, but that's a really bad position and size for the default powerbars. Since you're using Ikemen you could use a larger power bar and edit the CvS2 chars to hide it.

Also sorry to go off on a tangent here, but how big is online Mugen/Ikemen? Back then I always thought that would've been the biggest game changer ever.

Truly appreciate the feedback. I'm not a super good coder, but I would love to see that idea come into fruition. If possible, I'd love to have the bars on the bottom or somewhere else too, but I haven't found a solution that I could possibly do yet. I love your idea though. I wonder if it's even possible. Actually on stream, we had the name bar blocking the meters, so that's why it was even MORE hard to see. Without the namebar it would have been way more visible.

The online (fighting) community for MUGEN / IKEMEN GO is still relatively small. Only a few full game projects like TMNT x JL , SVC EX, and basically, my community are doing a lot of the fighting. There's also Capcom Universe (great game), but they haven't kicked it off with much tournament or IKEMEN GO online activity yet.

You should have seen 2019 to 2020, it was a ghost town. In our community we simply focus on the fighting aspects and try to let that grow. Back in the early 2000s, we all DREAMED of being able to play MUGEN online, I remember just thinking how awesome it would be. In those days, we had no choice but to fight AI patches for a challenge. However, something happened when MUGEN was playable online. People stopped wanting to play online, and so it became this "technology was there, but the people weren't" type of deal.
#51  May 03, 2022, 01:46:47 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Probably because netplay standards are pretty high. I don't imagine Ikemen has rollback support at all yet? Nowadays people don't really settle for bad netcode. I have asked friends to play MUGEN fullgames either over Parsec or Ikemen but they generally try it only once or not at all because of the netcode situation. And I don't blame them.
UMT Tourney #8 next Saturday Auguts 8th
#52  August 08, 2022, 02:01:13 am
    • USA
             Greetings fellow fighters and enthusiasts,

After a few month hiatus due to all kinds of inconvenience, we are excited to announce another UMT tournament coming up on August 13th @ 4pm PDT. We'll be doing Turns Mode instead of Ratio like last time.

A quick peak at our roster. We could use some more fighters! Consider joining us if you want. More details to be announced.
Re: Re: UMT Tourney #8 Streaming NOW! TUNE IN!!!!
#53  August 22, 2022, 12:59:23 am
    • USA
#54  August 27, 2022, 11:44:01 pm
Hello Everyone, we are back with more KOF content, a series of FT5 exhibition matches on the KOFMLV2 KRW IKEMEN build that will be streamed the Sunday August 28, 2022 at 3PM PDT.

KOFMLV2 KRW is an edited/reimagined version of a full game by Krudelu. It was edited from original KOFMLV2 by Zelgadis from its 2011-2012 version. The rework/rebalance is tuned to be more competitive viable for player vs player matches. On top of that, there are some gameplay additions included.

Check out our two tournaments on this build to see how it looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvU1lcBlE10&list=PLdM7l2G_1QFX-OQ4vjspKIX4urOhF9F3U&index=7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wLUszYQa8Q&list=PLdM7l2G_1QFX-OQ4vjspKIX4urOhF9F3U&index=10
Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 11:55:55 pm by Xanxus75
#55  August 29, 2022, 12:29:18 am
#56  August 29, 2022, 02:47:16 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I am going to be 100 percent honest with you guys - these things run too long, and you're streaming this one on a Sunday night on top of that. People gotta work... not an opportune time to stream something with very niche interest. I would suggest splitting up at least your top 8s into seperate VODs so people can access it easier. You can bank on it bringing in more interest than several hour long streams with a lot of boring matches.

I am happy to see this specific game though cause its a lot more balanced and, imo, skill-dependent than the weird compilations you guys usually play.
#57  August 30, 2022, 12:03:34 am
This latest long stream was a new event that we experienced but if you’re talking about most streams in general, they last a long time because they are tournament streams and we show all the matches live so the total duration of the stream depends on the number of participants and matches. We usually do tournament streams on Sundays at 3-4 PM PDT as they are the day after our tournaments which are held on Saturdays at 3-4PM PDT. Even if it is true that the duration of the stream on a Sunday can make it more difficult to watch it in its entirety, this is the formula we have been using since the beginning and it seems to work in relation to the general audience, we already tried to do some streams a little earlier (2PM PDT for example) and it didn’t work at all so we deduced that the most "attractive" time was from 3PM PDT but in any case we had recently thought about doing the long streams on Saturday to see how it goes, so this possibility will be tested. As for dividing the streams into two parts, we didn’t plan to do that until we reached a larger number of tournament participants that would cause a longer stream duration, doing so now would risk dividing the interest of tournament streams in their entirety.
KOFM KRW Random Select Tourney this Saturday
#58  October 20, 2022, 10:41:28 am
    • USA
KOFM KRW Tournament this Saturday.

We'll be holding our FIRST Special Tournament Event Mode

This time, it will be a Random Select Tournament Mode

This would be one of the Special Tournament Event Mode that's going to be featured in UMT server. More Special  Tournament Modes would be implemented in the future to give different flavors for different type of events.

Challonge registration is now open for Random Select Tournament Mode Event for KOFMLV2 KRW Version IKEMEN Tournament

The tourney will be held at Saturday October 22, 2022 at 3PM PDT (US West Coast Time)

The mode it will be played on will be 3v3 Turns Mode

Please make sure that you guys download the latest update of the build

Please don't forget to do a connection test before the tournament starts

For the rules, please refer to read-da-rules for more info.

While the time in this announcement was set, please let us still know if you guys still wanted a voting for a different time or you guys wanted to move it to a different schedule in schedule-negotiation

For this upcoming tournament, the winner of this tournament WILL be able to decide ONE character to get prioritized for the next character addition update

https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/eftC8K5kwg#/signup/sc3k9m4lhh
Re: KOFM KRW Random Select Tourney !! Streaming now
#59  October 30, 2022, 01:30:30 am
    • USA
Tournament stream! Tune in if you aint got nothing else to do!

update: postponed sorry
Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 01:35:59 am by extravagant
Re: KOFM KRW Random Select Tourney Streaming now!
#60  November 04, 2022, 11:25:30 pm
KOFMLV2 KRW special "Random Select" tournament stream will resume this Saturday (November 5) at 3PM PDT, feel free to come watching to see cool mugen/ikemen PvP content.