YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2499887 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#9461  November 23, 2020, 08:09:47 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Final Fight remake sounds plausible at least, considering River City Ramson and Streets of Rage have good comebacks and  SF has kept the characters somewhat relevant.

Captain Commando is just lol
#9462  November 23, 2020, 10:16:33 pm
    • Mexico
I'll be sincere, those Capcom leaks made me rise my eyebrows a couple of times. I can definitely see a Beat 'Em Up coming back, but two? Hard to believe, especially Commando. Power Stone isn't a hard thing to imagine, since Itsuno talked about wanting to do a new entry.

Now, there were a lot more details, some of them I'm sure will bite them in the ass big time. MH Rise on PC and that SF6 roadmap certainly haven't gotten a positive reaction, and I'm pretty sure Capcom isn't gonna try to do or say something about either, they'll probably let the Switch version of Rise die and won't try to salvage whatever conceptions people will have about SF6 once they finally announce it.

In better news, after an eternity filled with re-releases and shitty cliffhangers, TWEWY 2 is finally a thing!

I'm sad the game isn't titled The World Ends With You Too because damn that could've been a great pun, but there's clearly more important things to wonder. This new cast gives me the impression that this sequel takes place several years into the future. None of them may be direct children of the original cast, but they still resemble them in one way or another.
#9463  November 24, 2020, 12:05:13 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Get hyped, you factoring hectopascals.

Even with the Switch port a few years back and the recent anime announcement I had pretty much given up hope on ever getting an actual sequel to TWEWY, especially 13 years after the fact.  It's one of my favorite RPGS of all time; I'm super excited right now.
#9464  November 26, 2020, 02:02:03 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

Looking forward to these.  :beatnik:

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#9465  November 26, 2020, 08:48:42 am
  • Was it something I said?
The Freelance Police are getting remastered!

#9466  November 26, 2020, 08:19:22 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Ketsui is now available in English for both PS4 and PS5

#9467  November 27, 2020, 07:05:30 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

I'll be sincere, those Capcom leaks made me rise my eyebrows a couple of times. I can definitely see a Beat 'Em Up coming back, but two? Hard to believe, especially Commando.

I'm really hoping Capcom will go 2D or 2.5D for both titles.

A few years ago I've accepted the 2D beat em up genre is dead. Now it looks like its gonna be oversaturated.  :neatdrop:

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#9468  November 27, 2020, 10:06:42 am
I'll be sincere, those Capcom leaks made me rise my eyebrows a couple of times. I can definitely see a Beat 'Em Up coming back, but two? Hard to believe, especially Commando. Power Stone isn't a hard thing to imagine, since Itsuno talked about wanting to do a new entry.
Its not just that. What the hell is Resident Evil Outrage that seem to be coming out in the same year Re8 Village will also be coming out? now Capcom did release multiple RE games in the same year back in its hayday, but i don't think they have that same confidence now. They seem much more careful now after the underwhelming sales of MVCI and SFV, I don't think they can afford to cannibalize themselves with two RE games in the same year.
Looking it up reveals that its a successor to the Revelations games that is gonna start Rebecca Chambers... the piano girl from RE1 and Zero, remember her?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#9469  November 27, 2020, 05:05:12 pm
    • Germany
Its not just that. What the hell is Resident Evil Outrage that seem to be coming out in the same year Re8 Village will also be coming out? now Capcom did release multiple RE games in the same year back in its hayday, but i don't think they have that same confidence now. They seem much more careful now after the underwhelming sales of MVCI and SFV, I don't think they can afford to cannibalize themselves with two RE games in the same year.
Looking it up reveals that its a successor to the Revelations games that is gonna start Rebecca Chambers... the piano girl from RE1 and Zero, remember her?

Some sources say that "Resident Evil Outrage" is the working title for another Resident Evil Multiplayer Game, the guys from the German Videogame Magazin Gamestar where talking about the leaks, and hinted that their source told them that it would be a sequel to a Resident Evil game that nobody is expecting but he can't say more about it with out risking strikes by capcom to the youtube channel.

Not sure what to think about it to be honest.

CF7

#9470  November 27, 2020, 06:39:03 pm
#9471  November 28, 2020, 01:45:30 pm
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
SaGa Frontier is getting a remaster for PS4/Switch/Steam/Mobile. It's adding the content cut from the original PS1 version (Fuse scenario and Asellus events.)

Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 02:10:28 pm by ArtistofLegacy
#9472  November 28, 2020, 02:49:29 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
SaGa Frontier is getting a remaster for PS4/Switch/Steam/Mobile. It's adding the content cut from the original PS1 version (Fuse scenario and Asellus events.)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYnCp7_fh7M[/youtube]

HOLY SHIT YEAH FINALLY!!!
#9473  November 28, 2020, 05:32:49 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Still waiting for Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy 1-6 switch releases. However this announcement proves how tighter the Nintendo and Square Enix relationship is right now. First Balan Wonderland, Braverly Default 2, and now two exciting announcements within 6 days. 2021 is looking great for the Switch in terms of third party titles (especially in the rpg department)
#9474  December 03, 2020, 09:57:49 pm
Still waiting for Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy 1-6 switch releases. However this announcement proves how tighter the Nintendo and Square Enix relationship is right now. First Balan Wonderland, Braverly Default 2, and now two exciting announcements within 6 days. 2021 is looking great for the Switch in terms of third party titles (especially in the rpg department)

If we do get a Final Fantasy Switch release, I'm hoping it'll be ports of the PSP versions of 1, 2, and 4. Maybe some script tweaks on 4 as well.

Would kill for remakes of 3, 5, and 6 in that style, but I'm not holding my breath given how the Dragon Quest ports looked. I wish Square wouldn't hit every classic game with the ugly stick when giving them new sprites.
#9475  December 06, 2020, 04:01:11 pm
    • Brazil
#9476  December 06, 2020, 04:54:40 pm
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA

I'm just gonna say it: Nintendo doesn't like Smash Bros Melee anymore...that is all.

Don't think...obey
#9477  December 06, 2020, 05:41:07 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#9478  December 06, 2020, 05:52:49 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
FreeMelee doesn't look very good on Nintendo. Did they seriously expect them to sit by and do nothing?

BTW, the tournament wasn't canceled, it just wasn't allowed to be streamed.
#9479  December 06, 2020, 06:05:47 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Ok NOW they are just being petty.

Might as well abandon the whole "VS" schtick and focus on Treehouse directs.
#9480  December 06, 2020, 06:38:26 pm
Why can't Melee just die gracefully? It's 19 years old, and people refuse to let its time in the spotlight be over. There are far better fighting games that stepped down and are still universally beloved and played. I love and respect the game, but man. Let. It. Go.