YesNoOk

KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Akira (Read 638262 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, April 21, 2019, 02:40:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Ash Crimson
#301  January 13, 2021, 02:37:56 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
I don't like CVS style at all. Never been a fan of it. Which I've made known.

But goddamn, already there's just something about your Ash that makes him feel different from other CVS/POTS style chars. I commend you for your hard work and attention to detail with creating CVS2 accurate chars, and I have mad respect for it. But I think, for me, this is the first time it feels like the real game. It doesn't feel like a perfectly replicated character, or a new character in that style. It straight up feels like I'm looking at CVS2 gameplay.

I can't really describe it better than that. I feel with Ash you've already really started to encapsulate the spirit of this game. Kudos, dude. Fucking kudos.

Thanks a lot for the kind works. I strive for that feeling. I spend hours researching data values and comparing characters present on both sources to get the perfect cross section. It's hard and sometimes I fuck up, but its nice to see someone recognizing it :)

Hi Karma, I  know Rose's update is far off however I would like to provide you with the following.
I hope it does some good. Im fine with Rose as is but I know how you work so this may come in handy.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rdX0qIv5Ug&ab_channel=TheoryFighter[/youtube]
Heyy PeXX. Long time no see. I actually came across that video (and channel) before! I suggest you to also watch the one about grappler's empty jumps. Rose will experience a super makeover soon, but I hope me and FeLo can do some magic once SFV Rose comes out.

Nagase

Mignon Beart

Giorno Giovanna 1

Giorno Giovanna 2

Sabockee you are easily my favorite palletes maker. I love your color usage and how you're able to make the character pop out. Great job!
Thanks, man! I appreciate it!

:smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:
I'm pretty sure its FeLo sprites and color separation but damn. The palettes for Ash are being soooooo goooooood!

Thank you all for the kind words and support  ;D
#302  January 13, 2021, 07:30:29 pm
    • USA
How do I make a palette? I've never made a palette before using the method everyone is doing here. I usually just edit in fighter factory you know, with the whole SFF and everything intact. I'm asking so I can make some palettes for this Ash.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#303  January 13, 2021, 08:17:32 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
How do I make a palette? I've never made a palette before using the method everyone is doing here. I usually just edit in fighter factory you know, with the whole SFF and everything intact. I'm asking so I can make some palettes for this Ash.

The template provided a page or so ago is already color indexed. Load it up in Fighter Factory and change colors to your heart’s content.
#304  January 13, 2021, 10:31:38 pm
I don't have much free time nowadays to post and such but I do keep an eye on the forum.
Yeah, ive seen the video, dude puts out good content.

I just saw this
https://streamable.com/q8gx2p

Good job to both you and Felo.
All of the pals provided til now also look sick.
#305  January 18, 2021, 03:06:08 pm
    • Germany
Hey, I would like to give you guys a little update about the current and upcoming projects, and the release schedule I want to fulfill for the year.

First of all, Ash progress is wrapping up nicely. Past Saturday I've finished both MAX Thermidor and MAX Pluviose, so now he's only missing Sans Culottes, Germinal, Fructidor and the throws (moveset wise). He will also have a Dark Mode inspired by his XIII boss appearance. He will, however, be toned down a bit to fit CvSesque boss characters better. For starters, his moveset will be charge based and his life/defense will be reduced like Orochi Iori or Evil Ryu. In exchange he will have cheap zoning and very damaging combos. Expect him to be very annoying and not to lose against sweeps.

On a second note, I didn't forget about Jedah. Jedah is being worked on atm, but is heavily delayed by something that I want to give him:

This color separation is extensive and a lil bit difficult to apply, but more importantly: Jedah has about 1000 frames to color separate. Instead of losing my mind rushing a difficult color separation, I'll be progressively csing thru the year. He will come out when he comes out, but I would not be surprised if this takes me the whole year, so don't expect him any time soon.

On a third note, I would like to organize the releases on my year in four blocks. I want to release exactly 4 characters and 8 updates this year (four major updates [Genjuro, Blanka, Iori, Rose], four minor updates [Terry, Yun, Yang, Haohmaru]), two of the releases being Ash and Jedah. The idea is to have one character released and one character updated between January-March, a second pair between April-Juny, a third pair betweeen July-September, and fourth pair between October-December.

I follow a development cycle similar to Jmorphman's, interpolating SNK and Capcom reps (Yun a Yang kinda fucked up the loop but oh well):

Genjuro (SNK) -> Blanka  (CAP) -> Iori (SNK) -> Rose (CAP) -> Terry (SNK) > Yun (CAP) -> Yang (CAP) -> Haohmaru (SNK) -> ??? (SNK?) -> ??? (CAP?) --> Ash (SNK) -> Jedah (CAP)

This leaves me two spaces to keep balance, one for Capcom and the other for SNK. I'm still unsure about what direction will I take, tho. I might work on two characters from neither Capcom or SNK. If I were to make an SNK and Capcom rep, the Capcom rep is set on stone, but the SNK one not so much. Maybe it could be a time to revitalize the Wild Wolf project, maybe I could tackle Todoh, I really don't know.

I hope you guys are fine and healthy :] have a good day everyone.
#306  January 18, 2021, 11:07:04 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I find pretty amazing how you organize stuff not just for he future updates, leaving 2 empty places for both Capcom and SNK representatives is well thought.
[ EDIT: Read again your text and saw you're thinking about Wild Wolf/MOTW Terry; is not possible adding those sprites inside Terry and leaving it as a START+Button character? Expanding his colour chart to add those sprites from MOTW. Also, skin, hair and jeans could be shared with those in Terry, so this would save some colour count. ]

Also, Jedah seems hard to CS, because each area has an amount of 4 colours, except 5...then you move alongside the sheet and find variations. Also, dunno how you're going to organize his sprites, but in his sheet, wings are put aside the body...soooo...this leaves me a bit curious about it.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#307  January 23, 2021, 01:42:00 pm
    • Germany
^We addressed the Wild Wolf thing over Discord. Haven't seen you there lately btw.

Sans Culotte madness has started.

https://streamable.com/n669es

This is truly lvl 2 and 3 Custom Combo mostly :P
#308  January 27, 2021, 03:15:24 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Some palettes I made for fun, my usual styled default and a custom.

#309  March 07, 2021, 04:21:35 pm
    • Germany
Some palettes I made for fun, my usual styled default and a custom.

Late reply but nice palettes!

Hey guys, how is it going? Unlike previous instances of my creative process, I've been working on multiple things at the same time. Let's make a rundown of my WIPs

Ash
Ash is wrapping up nicely. All of his XIII sprites are finished and most of the code for those sprites is finished too. He won't be released any time soon, tho. There's a lot of extra misc things to be sprited, a Dark Ash mode to design and code, a lots of testing to do. We won't be setting any release dates with FeLo, but he will most likely be released this year.

Rugal
Rugal Bernstein is being worked on. I wanted to do an SNK character and I wasn't sure about who should I tackle. Just to kill time I started assembling the .sff and the .air for Rugal, and at some point it was too late to back down. All of his system and misc stuff is done. All of his normals and specials are coded too. I stopped working after experiencing a bit of a burnout short after coding Dark Barrier the most accurate and functional way possible. It was a fucking challenge but thanks to Bannana, Jmorphman, 2OS and a lot of labbing, it was possible. The project is still very alive.

Rugal will have three modes. Normal Rugal, Omega Rugal, and God Rugal. Normal Rugal's moveset is based off CvSPro+CvS2 + KoF '98, Omega Rugal's will be based of KoF '98 UM entirely + his Beads Destruction from 2k2UM, and God Rugal will be entirely CvS2. Here's a teaser:

https://streamable.com/wkgvfb

Samurai Shodown characters
I recently did a very meaningful update to Haohmaru! Genjuro will experience a similar update soon. I think that while gameplay design is my strength, visuals are my weakest point, so I think there's still room for improvement on the visual department. Before settling down on the design made by Mordecool, this was my first draft of the visuals for the Rage bar.

Its was based off POTS' vintage excel bar!

The final design, still inspired on POTS visuals.

I'm still looking for a design that sits well with the visuals of POTS Styled character while fitting with most of the meterbars people use on their personal builds.

Genjuro and Haohmaru will not be the only Samurai Shodown characters I'll convert. A certain runner-up will probably join too.

non-SNK nor Capcom characters
This was said on CvSAbstract thread but I will be tackling characters that are not from Capcom or SNK. The gameplay will still be POTS and the data very CvSesque. Asuka Kazama is one of them, and her moveset will be heavily based of SFxT. But I also been working on the color separation of another character from a very different fighting. I'll leave a single clue: one of my (many) usernames.

On a side note, I'm so hype for Guilty Gear Strive! When the game drops I will probably want to explore a GG characters too hahaha.

Hope you guys are doing fine :] thanks for reading and playing my characters.

MCX

#310  March 07, 2021, 05:24:21 pm
  • Time won't wait for me
    • https://naudamaceno.carbonmade.com/

If you still need help creating the design of the rage bar, we can come up with a concept together and I can create it with you. Just hit me up with a dM here or on discord and I can help you with that
#311  March 07, 2021, 05:52:56 pm
Ruuuuuuuuuugalllllllllllllllllllllll fuck yes where do I sign up ?

Jokes aside, holy shit am I happy to see Rugal being worked on, cant wait for Ash too.
I am really loving the .. well, love SNK has been getting, the update to Haoh, DW's Robert updates, now Rugal and Ash ? HELL YEAH.

As for the bars I really dont think they need to be too big or to small the ones you  have in the first screenshot look fine to me.
Mords ones are a bit chunky, but still look good, I would fuse them both tbh. Use the size of the original but keep the rage inside of it.
Even if you decide to go with something original, I would suggest keeping them slick and modern.

Runner up huh ? Cham cham ?

I hope you are doing well too, thanks !

As for the combo I'm not really sure Rugal can do that, I would limit it I guess to 1 bar.
I do remember A rugal doing some funky excel combos in the air though need to find an example of that.

Edit:
Looking at the video I would center these right in the middle where his hands are crossed up..
The orb excel thingy, I know this may not be accurate to CVS but then again picking the focal point of the pose looks better to me.

Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 06:57:56 pm by PeXXeR
#312  March 07, 2021, 11:07:19 pm
    • Germany
If you still need help creating the design of the rage bar, we can come up with a concept together and I can create it with you. Just hit me up with a dM here or on discord and I can help you with that
Eyy, thanks man, but don't worry. I'll keep experimenting with it.

Runner up huh ? Cham cham ?
Hahahaha, I meant Shiki! The runner-up from the poll.

As for the combo I'm not really sure Rugal can do that, I would limit it I guess to 1 bar.
I do remember A rugal doing some funky excel combos in the air though need to find an example of that.
A-Groove is string is actually from CvS2 :D he got a bunch of creative original combos.

I'll re-align the orb :P
#313  March 08, 2021, 12:30:50 am
  • Fear the wrath of God!
    • Poland
    • kaczor911@wp.pl
    • Skype - kaczor7871
With those versions of Rugal i'm so motivated to see him fully released. With Ash too. But most i'm hoping for a great versions of Geese/Nightmare Geese.
I'll keep to watch a process. Keep it a great work.   
#314  March 08, 2021, 12:31:38 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Everything is looking great so far! Really excited to finally abstract asuka sprite being used!
For the rage bar I feel like something something similar to the vtrigger gauge in SFV would work. Something not to big that wont cover most powerbars
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 12:35:02 am by GTOAkira
#315  March 08, 2021, 01:18:04 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
One more pal for Ash:

Lumine (Mega Man X8)

#316  March 08, 2021, 08:49:13 am

Rugal
Rugal Bernstein is being worked on. I wanted to do an SNK character and I wasn't sure about who should I tackle. Just to kill time I started assembling the .sff and the .air for Rugal, and at some point it was too late to back down. All of his system and misc stuff is done. All of his normals and specials are coded too. I stopped working after experiencing a bit of a burnout short after coding Dark Barrier the most accurate and functional way possible. It was a fucking challenge but thanks to Bannana, Jmorphman, 2OS and a lot of labbing, it was possible. The project is still very alive.

Rugal will have three modes. Normal Rugal, Omega Rugal, and God Rugal. Normal Rugal's moveset is based off CvSPro+CvS2 + KoF '98, Omega Rugal's will be based of KoF '98 UM entirely + his Beads Destruction from 2k2UM, and God Rugal will be entirely CvS2. Here's a teaser:

https://streamable.com/wkgvfb
Rugal  :o one of the character that I voted  :8): curious to see how his Omega mode looks like in CvS2 sprite  ;D

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#317  March 08, 2021, 09:12:24 am
    • USA
I cannot wait for these creations.... especially Ash!
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#318  March 08, 2021, 02:29:54 pm
I'm interested on the omega rugal version , is it just moveset or does he have a separate sprite of his own?
#319  March 08, 2021, 05:29:52 pm
    • Germany

Lumine (Mega Man X8)
Very nice one

I'm interested on the omega rugal version , is it just moveset or does he have a separate sprite of his own?
It is just moveset. God Rugal will have an alt .sff for the people that uses different slots. I would do the same with O. Rugal using Falcon Rapper's sprites, but those are based off KoF animations and not CvS2 ones.

Thanks for the support, people.

#320  March 09, 2021, 05:38:06 pm
    • Germany