YesNoOk

Q, Angel, Haohmaru, and Rugal updated (01/01/2022) (Read 15896 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, November 30, 2021, 05:43:21 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Q, Angel, Haohmaru, and Rugal updated (01/01/2022)
#21  January 02, 2022, 01:01:54 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I have some additional feedback for Rugal, but I held on it for too long as I got busy with other things (And probably so were you and don't know when were you going to get to it):
-The hitspark and guard spark of standing HK is misaligned if hit slightly farther away.
-Scorpion Deathlock feels off when there's a strong punch hit sound without a hit spark.
-If the opponent gets close enough to him to a certain degree, he will use standing close heavy hick when the opponent is close, but far enough not to hit them (This is annoying when I try to use Custom Combo and use standing HK during it, but ends up using the close version and missing instead).
-The super jump sound on all versions of Genocide Cutter plays after the swing sound instead of the same time.
-Depending on the opponent's hitbox, Ruga's HP Genocide Cutter can only hit once as the 2nd hit does not launch them high enough.
-Rugal Execution doesn't have a dash sound on the startup when the running dust plays.
-When using God Lane and teleport to the opponent's side of the wall, the landing sound effect keeps playing non-stop until the animation ends and the landing effect appears (Also teleporting to them while the opponent is already close to the wall will cause the landing sound not to play at all).

For the last one I see on PotS style characters, the teleports don't have a landing effect as they're still on the ground. Might as well remove both the landing sound and effect on that and Last Judgement when it misses entirely.

Also, I missed a minor detail on Blanka for a long time and might as well point it out in case you ever update him:
-His Jungle Wheel doesn't have a strong kick swing sound when the opponent is thrown.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#22  January 16, 2022, 02:16:21 pm
    • UK
Great chars, but there's something you need to do about God Rugal's AI, Guy spams teleport like no tomorrow.
#23  March 30, 2022, 10:28:13 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
I've found your stuff randomly while I was browsing here and you have some really good work, buddy.

I've made a video with Killer Croc against Q and it resulted on a cool match.

I never liked Q himself, but you really made a good job, congrats!
#24  April 24, 2022, 03:24:43 am
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Just tested all versions of Rugal and they play great my only nitpick is when performing omega Rugal level 3 the projectiles he shoots the opponents with sometimes miss during the time they fall thus not receiving the full damage. If you could find a way where all the projectiles hits the opponents successfully that would be great otherwise its pretty lackluster when it comes to a level 3. By the way I used the move on kfm training dummy if you wanted to know.
#25  April 24, 2022, 02:31:09 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Just tested all versions of Rugal and they play great my only nitpick is when performing omega Rugal level 3 the projectiles he shoots the opponents with sometimes miss during the time they fall thus not receiving the full damage. If you could find a way where all the projectiles hits the opponents successfully that would be great otherwise its pretty lackluster when it comes to a level 3. By the way I used the move on kfm training dummy if you wanted to know.

I'm aware of this! Coding a barrage of projectiles that land from every position of the screen in every screen size is kinda difficult. For the next update I'd like to move from Kaiser Phoenix to KoF 14 Climax, although if if keep Kaiser Phoenix I'll make it OTG so it never ever misses.
#26  April 24, 2022, 09:44:26 pm
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA

I'm aware of this! Coding a barrage of projectiles that land from every position of the screen in every screen size is kinda difficult. For the next update I'd like to move from Kaiser Phoenix to KoF 14 Climax, although if if keep Kaiser Phoenix I'll make it OTG so it never ever misses.

You mean KOF 15 climax...?
#27  April 24, 2022, 10:36:31 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Many KOF XV climax don't looks that good without camera work.
I had in mind to make some customs for Angel... But I'm not even sure it would looks good in 2D ^^;