YesNoOk

Capcom X-Fighters: Project Thread (Read 4988 times)

Started by RagingRowen, August 03, 2022, 03:42:12 pm
Share this topic:
Capcom X-Fighters: Project Thread
#1  August 03, 2022, 03:42:12 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Introducing my second full-game, where Capcom's top fighters clash against the various companies they've clashed with in the past, from SNK to Namco and so forth.

Gameplay:
To be casual about it, it's mostly reminiscent of MvC, with a select few twists.
There will be 4 attack buttons, and the 2 remaining buttons will be for Throws and X-tenders.
What's an X-tender, I hear you ask? Well they are universal combo extenders (hence the name) which cost 1/2 a bar to use.
The Standing X-tender is a Wall Bounce, while the Crouching one is a Launcher. I don't have plans for an Air variant just yet.
I made it this way so big lengthy combos aren't as free as they would be in the likes of MvC2 and 3.

Roster:
My main goal is to have the Crossover side take up about 3/5 of the overall roster, and Capcom will take up the other 2/5.
In conclusion, Capcom will have the most characters.
I still haven't figured out how many characters there will be in total, and I want it to be the perfect amount for both me and the players.
I'll announce characters gradually, likely two or more per announcement for a bit of balance.

Confirmed Characters:

Capcom:
Ryu (Added)
Chun-Li
Morrigan
Demitri

SNK:
Terry (Added)
Kyo

Marvel:
Wolverine (Added)
Captain America

Namco:
Jin (Added)
Kazuya

There should be more news for this specific project in Autumn, since it's going to be a rather long-term project so updates may not come at a steady rate, not to forget there will be news related SF All-Stars soon... ;)
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 06:38:57 pm by RagingRowen
Re: Capcom X-Fighters: Project Thread
#2  August 03, 2022, 07:46:25 pm
    • Peru

Hello RagingRowen.

I´m glad to see that other project is coming. I have a question about the title, I just studied basic so, my question is: The idea of the "Capcom X fighters" is something like "Fighters against Capcom"?
#3  August 03, 2022, 08:05:13 pm
    • UK
Hello RagingRowen.

I´m glad to see that other project is coming. I have a question about the title, I just studied basic so, my question is: The idea of the "Capcom X fighters" is something like "Fighters against Capcom"?

The X means Cross that can mean Crossover, so the X-Fighters refers to Fighters from studios Capcom has crossed-over with. The original planned name was 'Capcom Crossover Universe' but there's already 'Capcom Universe'.
WIP Schedule:
#4  August 04, 2022, 03:15:21 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Nice to hear, always loved your work so I'm glad to see another project with your own spin on it. While I know you said you don't have any plans for an air version yet, I think something like a once per combo air dash attack/grab may be a good idea if the whole idea is to continue the combos slightly more. Idk if this is meant to take some elements from your Tekken styled Akuma but maybe even just a simple floor smash to allow for some OTG stuff might be an option. Either way great trailer so far, and I wish you all the best on this!
#5  August 04, 2022, 04:19:10 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
"Capcom X-Fighters"? You've always thought out of the box, but this is extremely new.
#6  August 05, 2022, 01:36:44 pm
The Namco roster is going to be more focused on Tekken and SoulCalibur, right?

Also, do you have plans to add Sega and Tatsunoko characters?
#7  August 05, 2022, 01:52:52 pm
    • UK
The Namco roster is going to be more focused on Tekken and SoulCalibur, right?

Also, do you have plans to add Sega and Tatsunoko characters?

Yeah, but they'd probably get less chars than the others.
WIP Schedule:
#8  August 05, 2022, 06:14:34 pm
  • I dress like your Great Great Grandfather.
Do you have a set roster or are you still figuring out who you're going to put in?
#9  August 05, 2022, 06:37:01 pm
    • UK
Do you have a set roster or are you still figuring out who you're going to put in?

That's something I'd rather reveal, but I guess I can say the least surprising inclusions in the first post.
WIP Schedule: