YesNoOk

Who Would You Like to See Get the SeanAltly Treatment? (Read 32963 times)

Started by davismaximus, October 30, 2013, 02:03:25 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Who Would You Like to See Get Sprited?

Batman (Batman)
23 (14.9%)
Booker DeWitt (Bioshock Infinite)
4 (2.6%)
Brock Samson (Venture Brothers)
8 (5.2%)
Bryan Fury (Tekken)
21 (13.6%)
Conker (Conker's Bad Fur Day)
6 (3.9%)
Daryl Dixon (Walking Dead)
1 (0.6%)
Heisenberg (Breaking Bad)
8 (5.2%)
Jason Vorhees (Friday the 13th)
8 (5.2%)
Joel (The Last of Us)
6 (3.9%)
The Joker (Batman)
5 (3.2%)
Judge Dredd (Judge Dredd)
4 (2.6%)
Link (The Legend of Zelda)
16 (10.4%)
Lobo (Lobo)
3 (1.9%)
Randy Savage (WWF)
11 (7.1%)
Rocket Raccoon (Guardians of the Galaxy)
3 (1.9%)
Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
21 (13.6%)
Super Skrull (Fantastic 4)
6 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 153

Voting closed: November 13, 2013, 02:03:24 am

Re: Who Would You Like to See Get the SeanAltly Treatment?
#141  November 13, 2013, 04:57:55 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
sounds like a plan to me if we all chipped in like 5  dollars or something we could do it lol. what about holding a second poll with the top 3 so we can get a real vote?

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 05:04:22 am by Laharl
#142  November 13, 2013, 05:04:25 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
lol that's fucked up dude. It's up to them anyway, it is Sean and Davis' time as well as Davis' money!
#143  November 13, 2013, 06:21:16 am
  • John Cena In MUGEN. SeanAltly I'm Waiting.
    • USA
    • Megastar8271@yahoo.com
NOOOO Link lost! Now if I want Sean to make him, I gotta pay like 300-400 bucks! There BETTER be another voting, and Link better be on it!
Subscribe to my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Megastar8271
#144  November 13, 2013, 06:37:47 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Don't expect one, I think these dudes has a lot of work ahead of them already :X
#145  November 13, 2013, 07:57:29 am
Batman wins?!  Lame. I'm sorry, but I'm not satisfied with this. Batman is already made for mugen. Just like Sonic how he was a nine-thousand times been made. My vote was on Conker, but i knew he was going to lose anyway. I prefer the Joker or Walter White. This is ridiculous.
#146  November 13, 2013, 08:02:00 am
Oh well. I sincerely think Batman wasn´t necessary since a pretty spriteset already exists. But good new set of sprites are always welcome.
Not only does one spriteset already exist, but another one does too. It's pretty ridiculous and I'm very disappointed that Batman won. All those choices and the one that gets picked is something that already has a great version done in MUGEN. :-\

not that I can help myself from imagining coding a Batman, because, come on, it's Batman

Try 3.

No wait, 4?

Alucard, SPIDERBAT, Infinity, Cybaster?

Yeah this really really really isn't needed. A recode sure, but sprites? Nope. Recount time. :T
#147  November 13, 2013, 08:09:44 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

awwww..the rage...

I will add 5 euro (6,50 dollars or something) if Bryan Fury gets done instead of Batman.

Who the hell voted for Batman even and why, when there are batmans in mugen already?
#148  November 13, 2013, 08:26:28 am
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
It'd be good to have Batman sprites that don't look like Captain America/Cyclops/Sagat in Batman's clothes. Or this can be settled in a 3 way cage matc.......err vote, but I'm sure Batman would win again, so no point.
#149  November 13, 2013, 08:29:04 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#150  November 13, 2013, 08:56:24 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Wow, things got crazy while I haven't been paying attention.

First of all, I mean no offense to the spriter(s) who made Batman already (I assume when you guys mention the "good" or "pretty" spriteset you're referring to Alucard's), but the sprites that are out there look good individually, but are animated poorly. I have the most up to date version of Alucard's Batman and the cape is pillow shaded and is, frankly, badly animated. There are alignment and proportion issues everywhere and almost every existing animation needs 2-3 more frames to be genuinely fluid. On top of that, the spriteset I'll be making will be CVS-style, rather than the MVC-style Captain America/Cable/Cyclops edits that are out there. Everyone keeps saying that "Batman is out there/exists/has been made for Mugen already," but I've looked every one of those sprites over, attempting realignments and edits, and they just aren't that great.

Batman won by two votes (a slim margin, yes, but an unquestionable win), and this kind of backlash is why I suggested to DavisMaximus up front that he just commission who he wants the most. I admire his intentions, wanting to get the community involved, but seeing so many people getting so upset is pretty frustrating.

There will not be a "recount" (it's an automated poll) and there won't be a new poll with the top three because there was a clear winner. I'm sorry that so many people are so upset, but I don't see how Bryan Fury would have been any more interesting than Batman.

Also, remember, I voted for Jason, but it is what it is. I'm still excited about spriting Batman and I'm sure Davis is excited about it, too (if he didn't want him made, he wouldn't have been in the poll), and all these comments about recounts and offering to pay to have us ignore the poll is doing nothing but dampen that excitement (at least for me, anyway).

Download Last Bout now!
#151  November 13, 2013, 09:06:39 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
What Batman incarnation are ya'll gonna go with?
#152  November 13, 2013, 09:29:50 am
In other words, Batman needs to remake again just like Sonic, Goku, Akuma and more popular chars to go than the chars they aren't made for mugen yet. This is like Capcom bullcrap, more SF games than Megaman, Rival Schools etc.
Just saying, but still ridiculous.
#153  November 13, 2013, 09:31:23 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Drop it.
#154  November 13, 2013, 09:51:29 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

I don't like(very much) Batman, but people has spoken. And I'm sure Sean will make the best Batman around, so, why are you complaining? Everyone wins!

This is like Capcom bullcrap, more SF games than Megaman, Rival Schools etc.

If you think so, you'd better sprite a full, fresh, new brand character. That's for not looking ridiculous.

Just saying.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#155  November 13, 2013, 10:25:48 am
    • Argentina
    • sutcliffsouji.wix.com/cp-chazzanova
If you don't like Batman, show their disagreement in the poll, two weeks ago :/
#156  November 13, 2013, 10:44:56 am
I don't like(very much) Batman, but people has spoken. And I'm sure Sean will make the best Batman around, so, why are you complaining? Everyone wins!

This is like Capcom bullcrap, more SF games than Megaman, Rival Schools etc.

If you think so, you'd better sprite a full, fresh, new brand character. That's for not looking ridiculous.

Just saying.

Wasn't your catchphrase like 'Have a nice day'? It really suit on you.
Just saying

Anyway, I'm a bit fan of Batman. On other hand, why not?  Really look forward for Batman. :)

Have a nice day >:)
#157  November 13, 2013, 10:48:23 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
If you don't like Batman, show their disagreement in the poll, two weeks ago :/
Well, I would, if I could, but they haven't featured The Doctor as a choice. So I thought it would be better for me to not vote at all. Looks like it was a bad idea in the end...
But now, let us please stop beating up a dead horse, okay.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#158  November 13, 2013, 11:10:43 am
  • Portrait maker/AI coder
    • Egypt
    • romeotantan.webs.com/
Guys lets just accept it already, yes i'm dissapointed that bryan is not going to my roster let alone a one made by sean but a poll is made and a result is reached so just let go and trinitronity you are not alone my friend i too am a doctor who fan, i just love it when he faces cosmic monsters with his sonic screwdriver and then convince them to kill themselves with a song, brilliant
#159  November 13, 2013, 11:20:43 am
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
Profound Sadness...

But acceptable. I guess another Batman character couldn't hurt... though I wonder what you'd do to make this one stand out over the other several existing ones.

Edit: I promise won't complain, but I liked the "Sonic, Akuma, Goku" comparisons. The beauty I find it mugen is variety.
Also, when it comes to polls, they end up being a "popularity" contest over who'd you like to see a mugen character of, Playable or otherwise. Not a complaint, just a observation.
Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:32:19 am by Tsunamidusher
#160  November 13, 2013, 12:38:22 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Good thing, too. Batman was the only good sounding choice to me.