YesNoOk

Jeanne D'Arc by R@CE AKIR@ Updated 5/1/20 (Read 26516 times)

Started by R@CE AKIR@, May 01, 2020, 12:20:42 am
Share this topic:
Re: Jeanne D'Arc by R@CE AKIR@ Updated 5/1/20
#21  May 04, 2020, 06:58:40 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
My version may not be updated, but if P2 gets hit by the Super Flash Sword but not the Upper portion, they stay in the Hit state for a few seconds before it goes off.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#22  May 04, 2020, 07:15:32 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Stuff like this from one of my favorite, character designer.
 Truly inspired me, and boi we all need much of that. Durning this world crisis. Thanks man and keep it rocking.
#23  May 04, 2020, 11:51:10 pm
  • lightning power ...
  • I have the soul of a geek but sometimes lazy.
    • France
i really like your characters you are really a professional thank you very much for sharing  :neutral:
#24  May 05, 2020, 12:02:07 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
My version may not be updated, but if P2 gets hit by the Super Flash Sword but not the Upper portion, they stay in the Hit state for a few seconds before it goes off.

I'll look into buddy. Thanks

Stuff like this from one of my favorite, character designer.
 Truly inspired me, and boi we all need much of that. Durning this world crisis. Thanks man and keep it rocking.

Thanks dude and like always Keep Rockin! Lol

i really like your characters you are really a professional thank you very much for sharing  :neutral:

Thanks man,  glad you like it.
#25  May 05, 2020, 12:17:50 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Downloaded the update yesterday and everything is good. But the only thing I noticed on the running animation after removing the running dust, only the second step sound can be heard after the startup.

Also even though this wasn't changed, I still think the slash swing sound is still unnecessary on the standing WP. The crouching and jumping WPs are fine as she swings the sword. Why not do it the same way with Sennou-Room's Eri when she used her tonfas? Just wondering. There's no sword swing effect on it, so it shouldn't be used.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#26  May 05, 2020, 01:35:17 am
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Downloaded the update yesterday and everything is good. But the only thing I noticed on the running animation after removing the running dust, only the second step sound can be heard after the startup.

Also even though this wasn't changed, I still think the slash swing sound is still unnecessary on the standing WP. The crouching and jumping WPs are fine as she swings the sword. Why not do it the same way with Sennou-Room's Eri when she used her tonfas? Just wondering. There's no sword swing effect on it, so it shouldn't be used.

I tried to change that but for some odd reason it wont play the steps properly. I referred to some other characters and it did it the same way. Idk, it kinda irritated me so I'm gonna put it back.

As far as the sword thing, thats no biggie, I'll change that. I was waiting a little longer to find more things before i update her again. Also gonna include a var on all my chars where you can toggle the wall bounce off of certain moves are not. Only reason I put those on the projectiles was for combo purposes and when I asked in my WIP thread, those who like my characters said they liked it. But then some people don't so I'll include a toggle so both can be happy. Thanks again man
#27  May 06, 2020, 10:28:05 pm
nice man!
#28  May 08, 2020, 03:24:48 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Jeanne's pretty fun. A bit tricky for me to get the hang of, but what I can do is pretty fun. Only a few things of feedback that I noticed that wasn't already brought up or patched out:

- This is something that only happens with the AI whenever she tries to do Slash Whip, sometimes she'll just stand in place doing the animation with no effects and no sound. She doesn't loop it or anything, it just happens once and she starts fighting like normal.
- Her damage dampener could be loosened up a bit. Heavy punch into light Slash Whip does considerably more damage than heavy punch into heavy Slash Whip.
- Something of a personal nitpick, but whenever she does Aura Bird, the eagle sound will play twice even after it's already hit the opponent.

Good to see you releasing characters again, and even better to hear that things have finally calmed down in your personal life :)
#29  May 08, 2020, 08:39:37 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Damn, i'm still having fun with Jeanne man.

Keep going bro!
#30  May 11, 2020, 12:50:47 am
    • Brazil
    • donthaveon@ndidontcaeaboutit.com
I have ascended from the dead to say two things:

1) Amazing job, a fine addition to any CvS roster, as expected from you;

2) Her super where she uses the sword as a whip seems kinda off...judging by the animation, I believe it would make much more sense if it worked in similar fashion to Whip's Desperation Move, not to mention it would be a great punisher for those who jump/roll/dash towards her at the wrong time...either that or keep it with the same mechanics, just adding other moves to make her Super less repetitive.

Keep the great work! :)
#31  May 11, 2020, 01:49:08 am
    • USA
Jeanne's pretty fun. A bit tricky for me to get the hang of, but what I can do is pretty fun. Only a few things of feedback that I noticed that wasn't already brought up or patched out:

- This is something that only happens with the AI whenever she tries to do Slash Whip, sometimes she'll just stand in place doing the animation with no effects and no sound. She doesn't loop it or anything, it just happens once and she starts fighting like normal.
- Her damage dampener could be loosened up a bit. Heavy punch into light Slash Whip does considerably more damage than heavy punch into heavy Slash Whip.
- Something of a personal nitpick, but whenever she does Aura Bird, the eagle sound will play twice even after it's already hit the opponent.

Good to see you releasing characters again, and even better to hear that things have finally calmed down in your personal life :)

Thanks im glad you like her.

-I noticed that too, I thought I fixed it. Hmm make sure you have the last update and i will go back and see if she is still doing it. Thanks
-Yeah im still working on adjusting it, just bare with me on that. It was meant to had been updated in the last update but im still tweaking it.
-I know that she does that but I kinda didnt mind it. so I left it alone. Preference i guess

I have ascended from the dead to say two things:

1) Amazing job, a fine addition to any CvS roster, as expected from you;

2) Her super where she uses the sword as a whip seems kinda off...judging by the animation, I believe it would make much more sense if it worked in similar fashion to Whip's Desperation Move, not to mention it would be a great punisher for those who jump/roll/dash towards her at the wrong time...either that or keep it with the same mechanics, just adding other moves to make her Super less repetitive.

Keep the great work! :)

Thanks! I really appreciate that!

-In her case, she didnt have some of these supers in her original game that she came from so I added what I felt fit her playing style and also something new. To me it didnt feel repetitive because its similar to how most fighting games do : special move, EX, then super move version of special or something entirely new. Either way, they all have a purpose and rules that apply to them for each situation. But I will give this some more thought. Thank you!
Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 01:55:54 am by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

DW

#32  May 25, 2020, 01:25:10 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
While a bit rough around the edges, you have something pretty solid here. I see the potential. All of my feedback would be quite a long read... So let me hit you with just a few that you should fix right away:

-Small jump attack landings cause debug flood
-Fire Bird Lv3 causes debug flood
-Your projectiles are not restricted properly. She has no limiter on them currently. Meaning she can infinitely spam them.
-Head.pos is misaligned
-Close HP has her at +17... Hit or blocked. She can pretty much do w/e she wants from this. Close normals usually do have better frame data, at the cost of damage, but that's a bit much.
-The slash fx on a lot of her sword attacks should play thru the animation. It looks weird how you make them pause, even w/o hitpause. It'd flow better just having them play out, even if they do go faster than her animation. I suppose having them pause on hit could stay if you really want.

I'd like to go in more depth and work with you on refining her. Are you on Discord? Would you mind working together there through DMs?
Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 01:33:53 am by DW
#33  May 25, 2020, 01:28:43 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
-The slash fx on a lot of her sword attacks should play thru the animation. It looks weird how you make them pause, even w/o hitpause. It'd flow better just having them play out, even if the do go faster than her animation. I suppose having them pause on hit could stay if you really want.

Yes, I posted a line about it in earlier posts.
Since, I'm better to notice visual stuff than actual coding. (I'm not that much into coding)
anyway, this particular point can be fixed very easily i think.
#34  May 25, 2020, 02:11:57 am
    • USA
While a bit rough around the edges, you have something pretty solid here. I see the potential. All of my feedback would be quite a long read... So let me hit you with just a few that you should fix right away:

-Small jump attack landings cause debug flood
-Fire Bird Lv3 causes debug flood
-Your projectiles are not restricted properly. She has no limiter on them currently. Meaning she can infinitely spam them.
-Head.pos is misaligned
-Close HP has her at +17... Hit or blocked. She can pretty much do w/e she wants from this. Close normals usually do have better frame data, at the cost of damage, but that's a bit much.
-The slash fx on a lot of her sword attacks should play thru the animation. It looks weird how you make them pause, even w/o hitpause. It'd flow better just having them play out, even if they do go faster than her animation. I suppose having them pause on hit could stay if you really want.

I'd like to go in more depth and work with you on refining her. Are you on Discord? Would you mind working together there through DMs?

Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to break things down.

The First 3 I wasn't aware of.

4. I didn't notice her spamming the projectiles at all because whenever I do it, she isnt able to spam it and I thought I had something on there that limits it but I will go back and check.

5. I thought i checked that. I have kung-fu man training and I assumed it was correct but I will go back and review it.

6. I was actually learning about the whole safe and unsafe thing but I realize it needs to be changed

7. I'm aware of the FX pausing but I did that so that part of the FX would show because when it hitpauses. It looked good to me at the time but I suppose I can adjust it. That was more preference on my part

I haven't updated her yet because there have been other things I have found or would like to tweak myself.

And sure I'm on discord : Race Akira#0905
Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 04:48:33 am by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

DW

#35  May 25, 2020, 03:30:58 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I mean the Aura Bird projectile in particular. Sorry for not clarifying initially. Her Angel Arrow special maybe fine, but she can only shoot one at a time before falling back down. So either way, that's covered. I'll be contacting you soon.
#36  May 29, 2020, 04:05:17 am
    • USA
Speaking of Discord...

If you get an add from Kɪᴋᴏsʜᴏᴜ#5537 that's me.
#37  June 01, 2020, 12:56:36 am

This char is awesome and incredibly beautiful, would be a blast if we could have Charlotte from samurai shodown too.

This char from World Heroes is great surprise someone to have created for mugen.
#38  June 19, 2020, 08:15:02 pm
  • Sir Alp of the Loop Table
  • Masterin' more Loops than 19-Foe'dy-Foe.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/Xer0Stryke
time to kick in tha tires..... :8):
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty