YesNoOk

Saltyy's WIPs: CvS2 Strider (Read 86816 times)

Started by jay_ts, September 13, 2020, 08:58:01 pm
Share this topic:
Re: 【 JtheSaltyy's WIP Thread 】: Shingo / The CEO
#81  January 26, 2021, 07:19:21 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Speaking of my health, a quick update. After my third Covid test, it came back negative, so luckily I do not have Covid anymore, but the symptoms will still be lingering so the recovery will still be long but it's better to recover without Covid than having it. Thank you all for your prayers, and once I do recover fully, hopefully I can make up for that lost time.

Thank God you're okay bro. Also, can't wait what you'll do on Shingo, will be interesting for sure. :)
Re: 【 JtheSaltyy's WIP Thread 】: Shingo
#82  February 02, 2021, 01:48:05 am
    • USA
    • https://jthesaltyy.wixsite.com/jthesaltyymugen

getting more work done on shingo
the hits that turn the background black for a few seconds are shingo's critical hits, which is a unique feature that only shingo has in the KOF series. however, in source, critical hits were completely random, and i didn't want RNG to decide whether or not you land a decent combo, so instead, the condition of a critical hit is that you are in throwing range, and that your opponent has forward velocity. i'll add more conditions along the way, but this is one of them for now. adding a consistent method to critical hits are important for a CvS setting, and having randomness dictate such an important event isn't optimal.

here are his palettes too, just because i wanted to show them

9th is K', 10th is Kyo, 11th is Joey the Tricky, 12th is DIO Brando
Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 01:52:55 am by JtheSaltyy
#83  February 05, 2021, 06:20:31 am
    • USA
more shingo stuff

specials, supers, AI and other things are remaining on the to do list
#84  February 05, 2021, 06:34:36 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
My boy looks super beautiful.

... also your sig image is gone oh no :0
#85  February 05, 2021, 04:17:28 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Yeah! You did it!
The first Real Shingo character made with/for these custom sprites !

Promising
#86  February 06, 2021, 06:19:00 pm
Your characters are amazing... is it possible to convert young geese in cvs style too?

it's not a request, but i would love if you could make more samurai shodown characters like cham cham,charlotte or basara with 6 buttons.
#87  February 08, 2021, 07:51:04 pm
    • USA

Shingo's supers are almost complete, with his level 3 being the only one left.

His AI is also complete, and so far I think he's turning out well.
https://streamable.com/j0gr93

Hopefully this last stretch of progress will go as smooth as I hope, since this is going to be the first CvS Shingo with the new sprites. I found a manageable work pace adjusted for my health, so hopefully character creation for the next few months will be smooth as it was back in June-November. Have a good day.
#88  February 14, 2021, 05:52:46 am
    • USA

im going to add a major update to my characters, that being grooves, much like cvs2, but with a different sort of spin on them.
just like cvs2, there will be 6 grooves plus the 7th EX groove.
I will go more into detail of what each groove does in a readme file when all my characters are updated but I'll just give a quick explanation of them here:

S-Groove (Standard Groove) - the beginner groove. acts like CvS2 C-Groove with a tiered meter, but the level 2 super cancel is replaced with parries, which does sound like a lopsided tradeoff but there are ways to balance it out.
A-Groove (Advanced Groove) - the strongest groove of the 6. it is just like CvS2 A-Groove however you have access to level 2 supers and parries, making this by far the strongest groove, as the Custom Combo/Parry combination is very dangerous.
E-Groove (Extra Groove) - A combination of CvS2's S and N groove. MAX mode is the main feature of this groove, but has S-groove's power charge, which can be good for characters who not only reaped N-Groove benefits, but also would be solid in S-Groove.
C-Groove (Combo Groove) - A custom groove that allows for KOF 02/XIII type combos with more advanced cancelling and other combo opportunities, which can either make or break a character depending on their combo reliance.
J-Groove (JoJo Groove) - A groove based on Heritage for the Future. The main aspect of this groove is the guard push, allowing match pacing to be controlled in a more strategic way.
K-Groove (Kyanta 2 Groove) - A groove based on Ultra Fight da Kyanta 2. The main features of this groove are the Flash Bonus and Kyanta Cancel, with Flash Bonus being a way to gain meter and Kyanta Cancel being a way to extend combos.
EX-Groove (God Mode) - A groove that combines elements from all the other grooves. This groove closely resembles how my characters played preceding this major update.

This feature is experimental, so idk if I should keep it or not, but so far I think it’s going well thus far.

I wanted to add more uniqueness to my characters and adding a full groove system is what I thought was necessary to do so. It'll take a lot of balancing to make things even, and some characters will either get marginally buffed or nerfed with these changes (barring EX-Groove), but I believe I can make this work, although there's a chance that it might not work.
When I release Shingo, I also will have released a major all-character update, and I'm not just adding grooves to them, but also some other various updates.

I hope you like this new idea, and have a good day.

Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 05:59:41 am by JtheSaltyy
#89  February 14, 2021, 07:13:31 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
You can make a .config flie for add ou remove grooves of your chars.
#90  February 14, 2021, 10:23:40 am
Your groove systems are pretty interesting and innovative :truestory: I felt that a config file to allow players to either have options to decide the groove system they want such as able to select during the intro much like what you show in your video, letting players to choose their groove system by the config file such as for example:

var(x) = 0  ;Default groove select
;0 - Default groove select
;1 - Ex Groove
;2 - S Groove
;3 - A Groove
;4 - E Groove
;5 - C Groove
;6 - J Groove
;7 - K Groove

something like that  ;)

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#91  February 14, 2021, 10:26:46 am
    • USA
well yall read my mind because i literally just did that lol

;====================
;=[ GROOVE SETTING ]=
;====================

;Set to 0 to enable Groove select. (Default)

;Set to 1 to enable S-Groove only.
;Set to 2 to enable A-Groove only.
;Set to 3 to enable E-Groove only.
;Set to 4 to enable C-Groove only.
;Set to 5 to enable J-Groove only.
;Set to 6 to enable K-Groove only.
;Set to 7 to enable EX-Groove only.

;This setting is here for those who only want one groove to be the default of the character.
;You can either have Groove Select enabled, or have only have one groove enabled.

[State 5900, Groove Setting]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = 1
v = 8
;========================
;===[ EDIT THIS LINE ]===
value = 0 ;<-- number to change
;------------------------
#92  February 14, 2021, 03:54:16 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
cfg file for groove feature is a great choice!
#93  February 14, 2021, 09:58:25 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn
[State 5900, Groove Setting]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = 1
v = 8
;===[ EDIT THIS LINE ]===
value = 0 ;<-- number to change
;------------------------

ok hear me out

"value = 1+random%7" :flushed:

And since we're on the topic of updating all characters, I think Rogue could benefit a lot from that. I really feel like she shouldn't be as tall as she is, especially since at that scale it would make other characters in the Kyanta cast look absolutely massive when they probably shouldn't be. I'd use Kyanta as a to-Ryu's-scale reference.

There are also some missing voicelines that I'll send your way.
Re: 【 JtheSaltyy's WIP Thread 】: Future Character Poll
#94  February 26, 2021, 06:58:45 am
    • USA
alright so now that i've done the character for the month, i really don't know where i'll go from here.

i do have a few characters i'd want to make in the future, like a CvS Rubber Soul, KOF Haohmaru, CvS Chang, or hell maybe even try to bring back the forgotten WIP that is CvS Scorpion.

idk I'll see where I go from here but if yall got any suggestions i'd take them because its a little bit wishy washy as to what i'll do next.
#95  February 26, 2021, 07:07:12 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
If you ever dabble in the JoJo realm again... I would love to see your take on a low tier monstrosity like Khan, if something like that would even be feasible.
#96  February 26, 2021, 02:07:31 pm
    • Brazil
Well, I would love to see how you do Terry or Rock. Scorpion would be cool too.
#97  February 26, 2021, 03:19:46 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn
I joked about it on Discord, but maybe you could do something with that Sylvie spritesheet that was slapped onto a Benimaru. That was a major letdown, and I have no doubt you could do lightyears better.
#98  February 26, 2021, 06:03:09 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Hey, JtheSaltyy.
Do you plan to use voice patch of Shingo from Troy99?
This is fate.
#99  February 26, 2021, 08:58:55 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 I'd love to see you take another shot at someone quirky again like you did with Wario. Heck, non-fighting game VG characters in general.
#100  February 27, 2021, 07:15:50 am
    • USA
alright i have a good list of characters i would want to make in the future. however, i just wanted to know which one i should make first so idk i felt a poll would be fitting for it in the end. these characters will all probably be made in the near future, but the one that has the most votes will be top priority.