YesNoOk

Capcom vs Square Enix - C.P.T [Current: Alena Tsarevna] (Read 78857 times)

Started by hatter, July 30, 2016, 12:46:38 am
Share this topic:
Capcom vs Square Enix - C.P.T [Current: Alena Tsarevna]
#1  July 30, 2016, 12:46:38 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Spoiler: first ever post (click to see content)

Currently working on: ???

Completed characters: Ryu (Street Fighter) - Alena Tsarevna (out for public beta-testing)

Release thread: CvSE Release Thread
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 01:33:10 pm by Ho-Oh's Apprentice
Re: Capcom vs Square Enix - Character Project Thread [Current: Ryu]
#2  July 30, 2016, 01:00:48 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Looking good. Your medium and strong attacks lack impact though. Use different hit sounds, hit sparks, and hit stuns to make the moves look better. Also more recoil on harder attacks.
#3  July 30, 2016, 01:02:10 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Looking good. Your medium and strong attacks lack impact though. Use different hit sounds, hit sparks, and hit stuns to make the moves look better. Also more recoil on harder attacks.

Awesome. I'll make sure to play around with the values and make that happen. Should be an easy task. :yes:
#4  July 30, 2016, 01:06:06 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You don't have to be accurate but try to sort of replicate subtle things like that. Check any character out in cvs2 and see how it looks.

Or just steal values from POTS. Just do something lol
#5  July 30, 2016, 03:48:29 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Just popping in to say one little nitpick - I dunno if it's your recording software, but your animations look really janky. Especially what I assume is the strong kick/strong attack? (I dunno if you're using a 6-button or 3-button system :P) You may want to take a look at other MvC-based Ryu's and look at the animation timings for their attacks to get it looking right. Also, that stance animation looks really weird being so slow, and could do with some speeding up.

If it's just the recording software playing tricks on my eyes, ignore me. Other than that, good progress so far! :)
#6  July 30, 2016, 04:05:54 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Well, to be honest, I took a lot of my animation timings from Limited Moon's Ryu-X, especially for the attacks/normal movements with very minor changes (like, very minor). So I dunno what exactly are you seeing. Maybe it's because there is a lack of recoil for strong/medium, as mentioned above, which I will most definitely work on. But then again, I could give them another look, to be certain. You never know what you can get by looking twice.

However, now that I look at it, Ryu's idle was a bit faster in the source, so I can fix that. Thanks for telling me. :yes:
#7  August 01, 2016, 12:33:47 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Small update on my end:

-I think I've solved the lack of recoil on Ryu's medium and strong attacks. It took me a while of playing CvS2/guesstimating to figure out how the animation timings/attack velocities should go. In addition to that, I've updated some animation timings to make them faster, most notably the idle (as you can see in the 1st post's video, it was slow as shit).

-Coded in his first throw. It took me a while to get everything to work and I had to look at the coding of other users (thanks DarkWolf13 and Noctis) to get an idea of how I should go about it. However, it still needs some refining, which I spent the entire day doing, and yes it still needs more refining, particularly with P2's throw states and such. I'll probably rewrite the code to see if I understood anything, lol.

Tonight, I'll begin work on his Hadouken, and I'll see where I can go from there. If I can get enough anims done for Tifa, expect a video showcasing her alongside an update vid for Ryu. :)
#8  September 03, 2016, 02:40:48 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Wow, 5 weeks? Damn,

Anyways, I've gotten quite far with Ryu; his normals and specials have been coded in, and I started on his Limit Breaks a while ago. Managed to get the Shinkuu Hadouken and Shin Shoryuken to work (though the latter still needs some fiddling around, luckily I know where to play).

So have this:

Hitsparks are completely screwy, I'm aware. The only good reason I can give you as to why it's like that is because I plan on making custom hitsparks inspired by the old Final Fantasy games and Marvel vs Capcom 2 (pixelled, however), so expect to see them soon.

As for Tifa, graphical progress is going smooth. I will begin working on her SFF after fixing up a few of her completed anims (basic movement atm), so you will see a vid for her next time I post.

I should also explain that the LVs in the Limit Breaks won't work the same way as CvS2. In CvS2, depending on the button pressed in a Super Combo command, it uses either 1/2/3 SG bars. In my case, I'm assigning how many LB bars will be taken to specific Limit Breaks; however, depending on the button pressed, it changes how many hits you can land:

So e.g. Ryu:

LV. 1 Limit Break: Shinkuu Hadouken: LP > 3 hit combo, MP> 4 hit combo, HP> 5 hit combo. Takes 1 LB bar
LV. 2 Limit Break: Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpukyakku: LK > 5 hit combo, MK > 10 hit combo, HK > 15 hit combo. Takes 2 LB bars
LV.3 Limit Break: Shin Shoryuken. 4 hit combo regardless of button pressed. Takes 3 LB bars

Just thought I'd get that out there.
#9  October 27, 2016, 05:17:34 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
It's been a while, huh?

Been doing stuff for Ryu anyways: I've added the roll, recovery roll (from MvC), Chip K.O., and the Denjin Hadouken (charge only at the moment).

Only things remaining are:
-Complete the Denjin Hadouken
-Add the Guard Push mechanic
-Add updated 2nd intro (@ゴーストキラー: has been kind enough to take their sprites off my hands and fix them for me. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, its one of Ryu's CvS2 intro animations, where he stands facing the screen, then assumes his battle position soon after)
-Fix up all of Ryu's palettes. I made a pretty big goof with em when I first started this char. Luckily, its fixable, and not much (6. What, you thought I would do more? Lol).
-Add SND file.
-Create Custom FX (in progress atm), and some CPS2 FX.
-Create Limit Break background.
-Make any other fixes after beta testing.

Future stuff will be:
-FIRST ATTACK and Counter Hit; I'm waiting on some SP/life bar concepts from Riccochet so that I can see them in action once I code them in.
-Intros with other CvSE characters; notably: Ken, Prince Doza, Chun-Li, Tifa Lockhart, Gene, and Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears)
-big port and small port: this is once I actually get a grip on using my new Wacom, in other words, after a long while.

I'm super happy to have been able to get to this point. Wish I could have recorded a video, but I'll leave that for next post, which shouldn't be long, once I get to the SND file!
Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 05:29:57 am by Hatter
#10  December 18, 2016, 02:10:44 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
https://www.mediafire.com/?wd5sqpgbbxu932s

^For those interested, Ryu's open to testing. There are somethings I left unrefined and unadded, like the FX and the SND. So ignore all that when testing, because I know.

My eyes got tired of looking for anything wrong, so help me out a bit. Give me walls of text if need be, I don't care. I'm all eyes (ears too) so let me have it.

Guard Push was added. Ref'd Kamekaze's MvC2 Doom for the Guard Push code. Decided not to go with Denjin Hadouken, because.. well no reason, just didn't want to add it in anymore.

Also began working on custom FX, currently, only the LP FX is done:

#11  December 18, 2016, 07:06:01 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
After some quick testing i have a few things to say (GameSpeed was on Normal)
-Why does the St.HP feel faster than the medium punch
-Cr.Mk comes out 1 frame after Cr.Hk, which it should not
-Cr.Mp comes out 1 frame after Cr.Hp, dont know why you did it like that
-Combos feel rather small, and theyre hard to perform (for me atleast :\)
-The effect for the shinku hadouken looks very strange just sitting right infront of the opponent instead of feeling like it has any impact
-The bandana in the Donkey kick move stays in the air
-Why is the Air light kick a punch?
-St.Hp doesnt feel like a Heavy Punch
-One of his intros doesnt have the correct palette

Thats all i have to say so far, other than those things im liking how this is going.
Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

EDIT: I just found out you can spam light kick to Forward medium kick over and over, i got a 30 hit combo just spamming those 2 moves
Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 12:29:21 pm by likiji123
#12  December 18, 2016, 04:38:00 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Gave it a test myself

The shoryuken feels off, the vels could use some work and he comes down too fast

the hadoken sprite appears behind his hands, move it forward a lil bit

I dont get the point of the limit breaks using 1 bar but doing more or less hits
Depending on what strength punch you press, 3 hits on light, 5 on heavy
But both cost the same amount of power is weird.

Ill probably test again later and post more
#13  December 18, 2016, 06:28:36 pm
  • war is always over mugen
  • the solitare blade of light
    • Uruguay
for now looks in a good way this char good luck with those chars man :D
#14  December 18, 2016, 06:34:01 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
First off, many thanks for answering the call. I won't be able to work on them till the weekend, but please keep it coming. :yes:

Can you elaborate a bit on what that means? I'm not sure if I understood anything. :/

Do you mean like, when you perform the Cr. HK, Cr.MK skips a frame??? Or is there something I'm missing?

-The bandana in the Donkey kick move stays in the air
-One of his intros doesnt have the correct palette

-Balthazar's fault, lol. (Balthazar made that anim, I may or may not edit it, it'll fall on whether I actually feel like it).
-??? I'm dead certain that the a.LK in the SFA/MvC games is like that for Ryu.
-Temporary, since the sprites are actually being fixed.

-the hadoken sprite appears behind his hands, move it forward a lil bit

-I dont get the point of the limit breaks using 1 bar but doing more or less hits, depending on what strength punch you press, 3 hits on light, 5 on heavy. But both cost the same amount of power is weird.

-Forward by how much? I recall the last time I put it forward, the Hadoken started to whiff in the corner, which is what I'm trying to avoid.

-I never liked the idea of a Super Move taking "x" amount of Super Bars depending on the button pressed, but if anyone else shares your sentiment, I may as well put it back.

As for everything else, I'll get to work on it when I can.
Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 06:47:55 pm by F.R.O.S.T Hatter
#15  December 18, 2016, 11:39:06 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
If the hadoken whiffs in the corner try this

[state 1000, width]
Type=width
Trigger1=animelem=4
Edge=55; decrease if ryu gets placed back too far
Player=55

Make it activate on the frame the hadoken gets shot out
and just move it so it looks like its coming out his hands
#16  December 18, 2016, 11:40:04 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Awesome, I'll test it out this weekend.

Thanks a lot! :)
#17  December 18, 2016, 11:52:15 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
What liki123 is talking about is the ticks, start up time of the attack, I forgot to add that to my post

Edit. 1 frame = 1 tick of game time
#18  December 19, 2016, 12:12:33 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
What liki123 is talking about is the ticks, start up time of the attack, I forgot to add that to my post

Edit. 1 frame = 1 tick of game time

It's fine, when you say it like that, it makes a bit more sense. At least I now know where to look.

I know I've said this a lot, but this time (and I promise), I'll have some small preliminary video for Tifa up soon, life got in the way, and I was only able to scrounge some time in regards to this project for Ryu.
#19  December 19, 2016, 12:29:30 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia

Can you elaborate a bit on what that means? I'm not sure if I understood anything. :/

Do you mean like, when you perform the Cr. HK, Cr.MK skips a frame??? Or is there something I'm missing?
No, what i meant is that Cr.Hk comes out tick 3 while Cr.Mk comes out tick 4, when it should be the opposite.
Which makes Heavy kick come out too fast and medium kick come out too slow
same goes for the punch
(Didnt realize it was called tick instead of frames :sweatdrop:)

Oh, seems like a strange choice. But if capcom did it like that then its fine
#20  December 19, 2016, 01:15:21 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

No, what i meant is that Cr.Hk comes out tick 3 while Cr.Mk comes out tick 4, when it should be the opposite.
Which makes Heavy kick come out too fast and medium kick come out too slow
same goes for the punch
(Didnt realize it was called tick instead of frames :sweatdrop:)

Oh, seems like a strange choice. But if capcom did it like that then its fine

Ok wait theres some confusion here, in mugen its frames of animation, it don't matter
What frame it comes out at, hatter just add likke 2 or 3 ticks to the beginning animation
If hk