YesNoOk

Problem with localcoord (Read 1448 times)

Started by Fixer, March 03, 2021, 10:38:40 pm
Share this topic:
Problem with localcoord
New #1  March 03, 2021, 10:38:40 pm
  • The Eye of Perfection
    • Brazil
Hello!
I decreased the size of my character using localcoord, i increased all the base speeds (the ones at the [Velocity] section) to match the new character size but the problem is that the projectiles became too slow, they dont hit the opponent anymore and now they fly at a shorter distance, what can i change to fix these issues?
The clsn are all fixed as well, the projectile red collision box is also at the right place (middle of the projectile) and covering all the projectile size.
Also their position are much lower than before, the projectile should get out of the hand of the character and now it is getting out of his leg, i suppose that localcoord dont change the size of projectiles?
Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 07:32:35 pm by Fixer
Re: Problem with localcoord
#2  March 04, 2021, 07:31:17 am
    • USA
Localcoord doesn't work like CNS scaling.  You don't need to modify any of that stuff.  If you change the localcoord, mugen scales everything to that coordinate space.

So uhh...un-modify everything except the localcoord part.  The only things that you should need to edit are things like custom gauges and full-screen effects.  Honestly, I never even bother doing that.

Summary:  Your problem is that there is no problem.  You just did way more than you needed to.  lol
#3  March 04, 2021, 03:52:10 pm
  • The Eye of Perfection
    • Brazil
Sorry but i dont get it, so the projectiles will become useless like that? They dont even hit the opponent.
#4  March 06, 2021, 04:45:26 pm
Sorry but i dont get it, so the projectiles will become useless like that? They dont even hit the opponent.

you need to adaptor all velocity and pos for all element
not only in the CNS
all of them
it's a big project.

if it's really your character the localcoord should be decided from the very begining
not at the end of the project.

#5  March 06, 2021, 11:47:38 pm
    • USA
I have no idea what either one of you are talking about.

The projectile is too low???  That is impossible.  The only way you can make that happen is if you increased the scale with CNS, then decreased size with localcoord.  DO NOT DO THAT.

Only use localcoord to change the scale.  If you want the character to be half the size, you double the localcoord.  localcoord = 640,480 is half size character.

Do not chnage anything else.  Do not use CNS scaling.  Definitely do not use CNS scaling and localcoord together unless you are ready for a huge project.